@@@Tarkett’s Top 10 Laminates: Rating, Pros & Cons
Laminate coating, produced by the European company Tarkett and presented on the Russian market, is divided into three groups:
- ART (6 collections);
- FAMILY (3 collections);
- TRAVELER (7 collections).
Laminate is divided into classes in accordance with European standards:
- 21, 22, 23 – use in apartments and houses, rooms with an average level of traffic. On average, such a laminate lasts 5-6 years.
Therefore, the groups presented above are not in demand, and most of the major manufacturers have refused to produce flooring in these classes.
- 31, 32, 33 – application in commercial structures. Laminate coating of such classes under constant traffic loads lasts up to 7–8 years on average.
When using a laminate of these classes in apartments and houses, the service life is increased by 3-4 times, which is more profitable than linoleum and cheaper than parquet.
At the end of the name of a model or collection, there are often numbers that are not entirely clear to a simple layman – 833, 932, etc.
- The first of the three digits is the thickness of the board in millimeters.
- The second two digits are the class of operation.
Below are the top 10 out of 16 Tarkett laminates based on classification, certifications, design variability, special effects and other factors.
List of common characteristics for the presented models
- Protective coating of vulnerable areas – Tech3S. The natural-based (wax) surface treatment repels moisture, prolonging the life of the laminate and making laminate flooring easier to assemble.
- Lock – TC’Lock. Glueless connection. The panels are connected at a certain angle along the entire length and width of the lamella. The peculiarity of this lock is that the laminate is assembled in rows.
If during assembly the ideality of the row is violated, you will have to disassemble everything and start over.
- Underfloor heating – up to 27°C. Laminate flooring can be laid on heated floors, but the temperature should not exceed 27 degrees Celsius (tolerance – 1 degree).
Group of collections “ART – the art of living!”
- First place.
- The class assumes application in rooms with high passability.
- Popular and familiar board thickness.
- Lots of design effects.
- The collection includes 16 species.
- Negative reviews on the network with reliable information were not found.
Wear resistance – class 33.
Dimensions in cm (length-width-thickness) – 129.2 × 19.4 × 0.9.
- endless board;
- manual processing;
- optical dimming;
- matte coating.
- Wear resistance – high, corresponds to the declared class.
- The lock joints are coated with a special wax-based solution to facilitate the connection of panels and additional protection against moisture.
With improper installation, swelling, squeaking, and gaps in the joints are possible. To prevent this from happening, follow the rules specified in the instructions, and entrust the work to a person with a reputation as a master.
- Second place.
- Important points – the class, the thickness of the material, the availability of certificates – like the leader of the rating, only there are half as many species – 8.
The collection is designed in light soothing colors that will suit almost any interior and type of living space, study, bedroom or nursery. A range of shades and effects of aged wood have been thought out.
Wear resistance class – 33.
Dimensions – 129.2 cm x 19.4 cm x 0.9 cm.
- imitation of hand-crafted wood;
- aged tree;
- optical bevel;
- four-sided beveled edge.
- The pattern remains for a long time, is not subject to abrasion, fading.
- Well structured surface.
- Large color palette of shades “oak”.
- Laminate is scratch resistant.
- Does not ignite on contact with a match or cigarette.
- The lock joints are treated with a natural wax-based solution.
- Moisture-repellent surface.
- The collection is not inferior in quality to European brands.
- Affordable cost.
- Sometimes there are difficulties when connecting locks.
- The laminate flooring is prone to chipping and crumbling.
- Fifth place.
- A fairly expensive range of models with an interesting palette. 12 types are presented.
- The collection is designed in the style of “individuality”. Intermezzo emphasizes the use of deep expressive structure and infinity effect, which is achieved by moving the drawing from board to board.
Wear resistance – 33.
Dimensions – 129.2cmx19.4cmx0.8cm.
- register embossing (the most expensive effect option available);
- endless drawing.
- Laminate coating is moisture resistant, resistant to impacts and scratches.
- The shades of the models give the floor a feeling of warmth.
- The laminate of this collection, taking into account the work and additional materials, will cost a tangible amount.
- In rare cases, the geometry of the boards is broken – there are bends, irregularities, waves.
- The manufacturers claim that this type of flooring is moisture resistant, but it is better not to use it in the bathroom or in the kitchen. With frequent ingress of water, swelling of seams and joints is possible.
- Eighth place.
- In addition to the class and thickness, the collection is unfavorably distinguished by the similarity of the effects used and a small number of models – 8 pieces.
- The collection is designed in vintage style. The idea of \u200b\u200bcreation is cinema and personalities that went down in history – Clark Gable, Bridget Bordeaux, Charlie Chaplin and other famous actors.
Each model is original and will interest connoisseurs of vintage style. All types are united by one effect – an aged shabby tree.
Class – 32.
Dimensions – length: 129.2 cm; width: 19.4 cm; thickness: 0.8cm.
- imitation of wood fibers;
- natural wood;
- array (4-sided bevelled edge);
- manual processing;
- chrome surface;
- matte coating;
- optical chamfer (board edges with blackout).
- Sturdy locking system.
- Moisture resistant, suitable for use in the kitchen.
- Light color palette.
- In the manufacture of fresh developments are used.
- Affordable price.
- Only one thing applies to the minuses – sometimes one person is not able to cope with locks without outside help.
- A board with a thickness of 0.8 cm is not suitable for apartments with the younger generation, who all the time strives to run or roll cars without wheels, drop a stool, break a cup. In this case, it turns out that the laminate coating is thin and easily broken.
Group of collections “FAMILY – a collection of warm feelings!”
WOODSTOCK FAMILY 833
- Fourth place.
- The collection has the necessary class and certificates. 18 species are represented.
- Small set of effects.
- The beauty, lightness and solidity of oak are taken as a basis. The palette is saturated with bright, dark and light tones, which are united by a feeling of warmth.
Among a large number of models there are interesting solutions for any interior – strict, cold, sophisticated or soft.
Wear resistance class – 33.
Dimensions (in cm) – 129.2 × 19.4 × 0.8.
- structure of natural wood;
- chrome board
- Acceptable price.
- Laminate flooring is easy to install.
- No problems with locks.
- The floor is slightly slippery, you need to get used to it.
- Scratch resistant.
- Dropping sharp objects may cause chipping.
- Seventh place.
- To the board thickness of 0.8 cm, a lower class is added and only one effect of the coating treatment. 13 types of models are presented.
- Warm pleasant sensations and love for home comfort are taken as the basis of the collection. Whether you’re into traditional or ultra-modern interior design, these models are designed to satisfy even the most sophisticated taste.
- Wear resistance class – 32.
- Dimensions – 129.2 × 19.4 × 0.8 (cm).
- moisture resistant;
- calmly tolerates frequent washing;
- After a while, scratch marks become visible.
- With unprofessional installation, joints are visible, cracks may appear (it is better not to lay it yourself, but to resort to the services of a master).
- Bare footprints remain.
- Clearly visible dust, wool. Have to clean up often.
- Ninth place.
- Included in the top ten types of Tarkett due to the positive feedback from the owners of the laminate flooring on the technical characteristics. It should be added that the collection has a good model range – 15 types.
- The collection consists in equal parts of dark and light shades of wood, which combine the feeling of warmth and the presence of comfort.
Pleasant light design is expressed in each model. There are options for an office or library, for a bedroom, nursery or living room.
Class – 32.
Dimensions (in cm) – 129.2 × 19.4 × 0.8 (length-width-thickness).
- The relief of a tree, emphasizing the naturalness of wood fibers.
- Resistant to wear, abrasion, animal claws.
- Locks are professionally made.
- Diverse palette of shades.
- Like any floor laminated wood fiber coating, it reacts to water. Wash preferably with a damp cloth, then wipe dry; do not leave spilled liquid, even water, for a long time.
- Footprints and shoe marks are clearly visible on the laminate, frequent cleaning is required.
- Also visible are dents where furniture has been and scratches from dragging heavy objects.
- On average, it is worth counting on 15-20 years of service. A longer service life is possible only with strict observance of the rules of use and initially correct installation.
Group of collections “TRAVELLER – discover your world!”
ROBINSON PREMIUM 833
- Third place.
- According to the main criteria, it is not inferior to Artisan and Estetica, it loses only in terms of the thickness of the material and the number of applied effects. Presented 19 models.
- When creating this collection, interesting color schemes were used – teak, oak and spruce, pear, pine, walnut and chestnut; and the emphasis is on exotic themes.
Class – 33.
Dimensions – 129.2cm x 19.4cm x 0.8cm.
- shiny structure;
- embossed surface.
- The cover is moisture resistant.
- Joints and seams are not visible.
- Locks are waxed to prevent squeaks and improve water repellency.
In case of improper installation and other violations of the floor covering:
- diverges at the joints;
- swells when exposed to water.
- Sixth place.
- The collection, in addition to the main indicators that coincide with the top five leaders of the rating, compares favorably with the thickness of the lamella.
Navigator does not get into the top five due to the lack of an environmental passport at the moment.
But, nevertheless, the collection has enough advantages and effects. 8 types are presented.
- Relatively young collection with few design options. But each view in it is associated with a marine theme. Popular processing effects are also collected here. The only collection of the manufacturer, in which the thickness of the board is 1.2 cm.
Wear resistance – class 33.
Dimensions (in cm) – 129.2 × 19.4 × 1.2.
Additional material processing:
- optical 4-sided bevel;
- manual processing;
- deep expressive structure;
- aged tree.
- Affordable price despite wear class 33.
- Due to the thickness, which differs from most manufactured laminate boards, the floor is warm, durable, with additional sound insulation.
- The 4-sided bevel is impregnated with a special water-repellent solution, which makes it possible to use the coating in the kitchen or in the bathroom.
Traces of fat or bare feet are easily removed with warm water and soap (or other dishwashing detergent).
The collection was released relatively recently, so no obvious, significant or critical flaws have yet been identified. Except, perhaps, the lack of an environmental certificate for the collection from the Russian manufacturer.
- Tenth place.
- In terms of technical characteristics, the collection is good, except for the fact that the Russian representative of the company has an expired environmental certificate for this series of models.
Also, there are few models in the Rivera collection – 8 options, and the applied effect is inexpressive.
The design of this collection is associated with the cities of warm southern countries. Although the same oak was taken as the basis, as a result of the tandem of these ideas, an interesting combination of strength and light romance was obtained.
Class – 33.
Dimensions (in cm) – length: 129.2; width: 19.4; thickness 0.8.
- tree relief.
- high quality processing boards;
- locks are connected easily, without additional effort;
- with professional assembly, the seams and joints are not visible;
- immune to drops and high humidity.
- There are traces of scratches on the laminate – studs, heels, animal claws.
- An expired environmental certificate is still listed on the official Russian website of the manufacturer.
Which model is better to buy
The models described above meet quality standards and have certificates of fire safety, compliance with standards. This indicates that the necessary studies were carried out in the relevant state institutions.
The models are united by the quality of locking joints, the width and length of the lamella, the technology of a protective moisture-repellent composition and the service life of 25 years.
Below are lists of Tarkett laminate flooring collections that are more suitable than others for common types of interior.
If you plan to use laminate in a room with high traffic, you should take a closer look at the collections:
They meet the necessary parameters, will last for decades and will not lose their original appearance.
For rooms with a small area, choose light colors, they will visually increase the space and give the room lightness. Collections suitable for this:
To create a strict cold style, collections are suitable:
They will also look good in spacious rooms or halls.
- Artisan (ART)
- Robinson Premium (TRAVELLER)
- Woodstock Family (FAMILY)
- Intermezzo (ART)
- Navigator (TRAVELLER)
- Fiesta (FAMILY)
- Cinema (ART)
- Holiday (FAMILY)
- Rivera (TRAVELLER)
The brand is not cheap, but the price is justified in the process of operation.
High quality locks.
The geometry of the laminate boards is preserved. A wide variety of colors, shades and patterns. Among Russian manufacturers, Tarkett is recognized as a leader in the manufacture of flooring in the middle price category.
The risk of buying a fake instead of the original product is always present. Therefore, before you finally decide on any product under the Tarkett logo, make sure of the following:
- The model or collection you have chosen is available on the official website of the company.
- The necessary certificates are attached to the model, and they are valid.
- The instructions for the laminate flooring or on the packaging indicate the necessary parameters, and the product is labeled.
- Directly in the store or upon delivery, check the lamellas for geometry (no distortions, waves), joining, the same pattern / shade of each board and in each box, for any chips.
- Before starting laying, make sure that the technology will be fully observed. Otherwise, the laminate will not last long.
Advertising from sponsors: //