Review of 12 types of the best building hair dryers
A building hair dryer is similar to a regular hair dryer that emits warm air. Only it is many times more powerful and is used during repair and construction.
With it, you can:
- produce synthetic wall decoration;
- remove stickers;
- remove vinyl coverings;
- remove coatings containing varnish or paint;
- peel off synthetic-based carpet tiles;
- do heat shrink treatment;
- soften or melt resin, solder, bitumen, wax;
- solder thin-walled copper pipes;
- create a mold from plastic and plastic pipes;
- weld PVC film;
- bend a wooden part;
- get rid of air spots when sticking films.
The device and principle of operation of the building hair dryer
The design includes a ceramic insulator, inside of which there is a heating mechanism – an air heating coil.
A powerful electric motor is inserted into the body, which blows warm air out of the coil and provides not only performance, but also protection against overheating.
It works like this:
- when you turn on the tool in the network and start it, the heating of the spiral turns on;
- with the help of an electric motor, air is sucked in, passes through a spiral and is blown out;
- depending on the power, the degree of heating of the spiral is regulated, and, consequently, the heating of the air.
How to choose a building hair dryer
To choose the right tool, you need to decide exactly where and for what you will use it.
- Building hair dryers are divided into two types: professional and household (normal). The first one has switches for operating modes: minimum, medium and maximum.
But it is better to choose devices where you can independently set a certain degree.
- When choosing, you should pay attention to protection against overheating. The function will avoid tool breakage in case of long-term operation.
- A heat shield would also be helpful. It is better if it is of high quality and removable.
- You should pay attention to the handle, which is of two types: open and closed. The second type provides better security and ease of use.
The best rechargeable building hair dryers
This type is often powered by lithium-ion batteries. Operating temperature in the region of 300-500 °C. The output power is about 300 watts. The rechargeable hair dryer passes about a hundred liters of air per minute.
It is adapted for home use and short-term work in hard-to-reach places.
The device comes with a charger, several nozzles and instructions.
- convenient to use in rooms where there is no outlet;
- application in hard-to-reach places;
- small sizes.
- short duration of use;
- rapid battery wear;
- it is difficult to find a suitable battery;
- weak power.
The cheapest cordless building dryer today is the Steinel BHG 360 Li-Ion. It works from 12 volts in the temperature range of 400-500 degrees.
A better model is Einhell BHA 2000/1 with the same parameters. In third place is the Zenit ZF-2000-1.
The best building hair dryers for concrete
It is used for work with concrete coatings, drying and removing paint and varnish coatings. This type works from a network of 220 volts. Power consumption – about 1600 watts.
Per minute passes approximately 550 liters of air.
The kit consists of the tool itself, a set of nozzles, as well as instructions.
- performance of a large amount of work;
- fast heating of the heating mechanism;
- performance of work related to concrete.
- high consumption of electricity;
- inconvenience in use;
- the need for an outlet.
The cheapest instrument of this type is Vitals Tf 202JSc. Works from a network, has 2 temperature conditions on 350 and 550 degrees. The next most expensive is Steinel HL 1610 S. And in third place is a similar model Steinel HL 1910 E.
The best building hair dryers for soldering
On such models there is a temperature controller with fine adjustment, the air flow is directed, without spraying over the entire area. Can work both from the accumulator, and from a network. Working temperature reaches 300 degrees.
- ease of soldering plastic structures;
- smooth adjustment of the thermostat;
- accuracy in the direction of air flow;
- low electricity consumption.
- a small range of work performed;
- low air temperature.
One of the cheapest tools of this type is FORTE HG 2000-2 with a power of 2 kW and a maximum temperature of 600 degrees.
Storm is considered the second in price with the same characteristics of temperature and power. The third place goes to Energomash TP-20002 with a capacity of 2.5 kilowatts.
The best building hair dryers for welding linoleum
The operating temperature ranges from 100 to 650°C. Tools consume one and a half kilowatts, which is quite a lot. There are models in 4 kW, which are considered professional. The package is standard.
- high heating temperature;
- longevity in work;
- large spray area;
- a large selection of nozzles for welding.
- convenience in precision work.
- high power consumption;
- not suitable for fine work.
The most affordable tool is Belarusmash 2200. Russia 2500 is in second place, it is slightly more powerful, but also more expensive. The third place is occupied by URALMASH BT2500.
The best building hair dryers for roofing
It is characterized by specific nozzles that improve the quality of the roof. Has from 2 to 5 temperature modes. Power consumption is 1600 W, mains powered.
- low electricity consumption;
- three modes of air temperature;
- functionality is fully suitable for the roof from the beginning of work to the end.
- short duration of continuous work;
- not suitable for other types of work;
- lack of a smooth change in operating temperatures.
One of the cheapest representatives of this type is the Intertool DT-2416 with a power of 1500 kW and a temperature of 300 degrees. In second place with the same parameters is Vitals Tf 202JSc. Third place went to Metabo H 16-500.
The best building hair dryers for paint removal
This tool is the simplest and without special customizable elements. There are two types of nozzles for removing paint and varnish coatings.
The temperature of the blown air is 100-300 degrees. The power consumption of such devices reaches 1500 kW per hour.
- performance of fast and high-quality work on the removal of paint and varnish coatings;
- the possibility of drying materials;
- low power consumption.
- small functional set;
- requires additional protection when working with paints and varnishes.
The cheapest model of this type on the shelves is the Steinel HL 1400 S, with a power of 1500 kW and a temperature of 300 degrees. The second cheapest is the Steinel HL 1610 S. And the third place is occupied by the Bosch PHG 500-2.
The best building hair dryers for PVC welding
This type of building hair dryer has a large temperature range with smooth adjustment. The power of this construction tool reaches 4 kilowatts per hour. The tool kit comes with instructions and a set of nozzles for welding and other work.
- smooth adjustment of the temperature of the blown air;
- a large set of nozzles for different types of activities.
- high electricity consumption;
- short duration of work.
In the ranking of the cheapest, the first place is occupied by the Craft CHG 2200E with a power of 2.2 kW and a maximum temperature of 550 degrees. In second place is the Intertool DT-2420 and in third is the Craft CHG 2000.
The best building hair dryers for soundproofing
This type of building hair dryers is characterized by high precision and smooth temperature control. Power consumption – 1 kW.
- smooth adjustment of air temperature;
- air supply accuracy;
- low electricity consumption.
- used for a small amount of side work;
- limited set of nozzles.
The rating of cheap building hair dryers of this model begins with Arsenal F-2000E. Dnipro-M FPE-2005D is in second place, AEG HG600VK is in third place.
The best building hair dryers for tinting
Tools of this type are comfortable to use and reliable. They have low power consumption and a set of nozzles for small jobs.
- a large number of high-quality nozzles;
- low electricity consumption;
- fine adjustment of the exhaust air temperature.
- not intended for large works;
- hard to find a replacement battery
- short-term operation, in order to avoid breakage and overheating.
One of the cheap models is HL 1400 S. The next one is Steinel HL 1810 S. In third place is Makita HG651CK.
The best building mini hair dryers
Mini-hair dryers are remarkable for their convenience and reliability. Designed for small and short-term work. Battery models operate in temperatures up to 300 ° C.
- comfort of use;
- ease of transportation;
- small size.
- small amount of work performed;
- little functionality;
- constant charging;
- hard to find a replacement battery.
The most budget model is Intertool DT-2416. Second place goes to Intertool WT-1020 and third place goes to Craft CHG 2200E.
The best building hair dryers with temperature control
Hair dryers of this type are considered professional. They have great functionality – from drying materials to working with concrete and welding plastic materials. Along with them comes a large set of nozzles. Operating temperatures range from 100 to 700°C.
- simple heat regulation mechanism;
- high quality of work;
- debugged heat supply mechanism;
- adjustable handle for comfortable operation.
- Overpriced tool.
The cheapest of the regulated building hair dryers is DWT HLP16-500, the Proton FT-2000/2 is a little more expensive, and PowerPlus POW707 is in third place.
The best building hair dryer with display
The display shows temperature and performance data. You can select a function, and it will automatically set the desired temperature and power. This view is suitable for professionals who often work with these tools.
- ease of setting the operating mode;
- temperature setting accuracy.
- screens often break during operation
- it is difficult to find a part or display for replacement and repair.
In the first place is the Sturm HG2003LCD with a power of 2 kW, and the air temperature is adjustable from 50 to 600 degrees. In second place is the hair dryer from the Japanese manufacturer Ryobi EHG2020LCD. The third place is occupied by the building hair dryer from Bosch, model GHG 660 LCD.
The most popular rechargeable hair dryers. They are bought for personal use at home. This excitement is justified by the low cost.
In second place are building mini-hair dryers, in third place are semi-professional ones with smooth adjustment of temperature conditions. The most wide-profile building hair dryer with a display and temperature smooth adjustment is considered.
The second in terms of functionality are hair dryers for concrete. They have a large temperature limit, with the right nozzle they are suitable for any type of work. In third place are construction dryers for soldering.
Advertising from sponsors: //