how to choose, characteristics, pros and cons
Special devices amplify ambient sounds, creating full-fledged living conditions for people with hearing loss. Miniature devices are attached to the auricle or ear canal.
How to choose a hearing aid
When purchasing a device for correction, the stage of hearing loss should be taken into account. The greater the degree of loss of hearing, the higher the frequency value of the instrument. Standard models correspond to the middle stage of the disease. The device must meet the individual characteristics of a person in terms of weight, principle of operation and size. If the patient plans to use the amplifier constantly, then it is preferable to choose in-ear devices.
Pay attention to the main characteristics of hearing aids, which affect the sound quality and ease of use.
Hearing aid type
According to the principle of operation, there are two types of amplifiers:
- Analog. The device is based on a simple mechanism consisting of a microphone, amplifier and speaker. Devices pick up sound and convert it into an electrical signal. The amplification does not depend on frequencies, it does not adapt to the surrounding conditions and human characteristics. The volume is not adjustable, but slurred speech becomes clear and normal speech sounds loud. Analog devices do not correct the sound, but only amplify, so a person receives an additional noise load. The disadvantages of analog devices include bulky size and lack of noise reduction. The cost of devices is low, operation is simple.
- Digital. The principle of operation resembles a computer. The device consists of a microphone, digital processor, speaker. The microphone picks up incoming sounds, converts them into a digital code, separates speech and noise. Then the program processes the received information, taking into account the characteristics of the hearing of a particular person. Before use, a complex setup is performed. The instruments transmit high quality sound with clear speech. Weak words become legible, and loud ones are softer, extraneous noise is suppressed. Devices belong to medical devices and are subject to certification. Digital hearing aids are contraindicated for people with chronic ENT diseases.
Amplifiers for both ears
The use of two hearing aids is recommended more frequently for bilateral hearing loss, but is also beneficial for unilateral hearing loss. Binaural devices increase concentration, speech becomes more intelligible. The left and right ear work at the same time, which prevents sensory deficiency.
Number of channels
The quality of reproduction depends on the number of channels of digital devices: the more there are, the clearer the sound.
Place of attachment
Devices differ in installation method and size:
- Behind the ear. The device is placed behind the ear, the tube with the ear tip is guided into the ear canal. They are made in various sizes – from micro-models to large sizes. The tubes and liners are also different.
- Intra-ear. The device is located inside the ear canal or in the auricle. Large size provides increased power, long battery life.
- Intracanal. Miniature devices fit only in the ear canal. They are almost invisible, but the power is less and maintenance is more difficult.
- Pocket. A separate type is a device where the block is located separately and worn in a pocket.
The parameter must not only correspond to hearing loss, but also exceed the required level. This will ensure long-term use of the device.
The purpose of the function is to amplify the voice of the interlocutor, the speech becomes clearer, and the accompanying noise is reduced. The option is useful for hypertensive patients and people suffering from migraines.
In addition to automatic sound adjustment, the volume level is controlled by the user independently.
This option prevents whistling when you are near digital devices and when you turn on the device itself.
The device includes 2-5 programs that are designed for different conditions: for watching TV, visiting noisy places, listening to music.
Type of sound conduction
- air conduction. Almost all types of devices work on this system. They are suitable for patients with any degree of hearing loss. The action is based on two-channel signal processing, noise reduction and an adjustable binaural setting that creates surround sound.
- Bone conduction devices. The purpose of the mechanism is to amplify and convert the signals into vibrations that are sent to the inner ear. The device does not attract the attention of others. Recommended for patients with sensorineural, mixed, conductive sound conduction disorders.
Audio Amplifier Xingma 909E
The sound volume is adjustable, which makes the use of the device comfortable under different conditions. Achieving close to perfect sound is complemented by three types of ear tips, which are most accurately selected for each user.
- Analog device.
- Operating frequencies – 300-4500 Hz.
- Full audio frequencies – 48-53 dB.
- Maximum saturation – 129 dB.
- Fastening – behind the ear.
- The regulator on five steps of loudness.
- Battery powered.
- Complete set – 2 batteries.
- Color – beige.
- Weight – 62 g.
- Production: South Korea.
- Simple control.
- Soft lining material.
- Noise reduction mode.
- Pure sound.
- Acceptable price.
- Rotary volume control.
- Convenient storage box.
- Comfortable and stable fit.
- Long service life.
Minus – a noticeable weight with prolonged wear.
Hearing aid Ostrosluh 900
A miniature, ergonomic device is designed to amplify sound within a radius of 20 meters. The device is not visible to prying eyes, the color merges organically with the auricle. The amplifier is securely fastened inside the auditory canal, keeps well even with active movements, playing sports.
- Analog principle of operation.
- The housing is placed inside the ear.
- Power – up to 129 dB.
- Gain up to 47 dB.
- Input noise up to 28 dB.
- Supply voltage – 1.4 V.
- Frequency 200-3500 Hz.
- The material of the inserts is silicone.
- The volume is adjustable (5 levels).
- 3 types of ear tips.
- Comes with a cleaning brush.
- Weight – 2 grams.
- Continuous work – 20 hours.
- Earplugs in different sizes.
- Nice lining material.
- Outside noise isolation.
- High quality playback.
- Simple operation.
- Convenient volume control.
- Compact size.
- The purity of the amplified sounds.
- Very light machine.
- The average cost of the product among similar models.
- There is no shutdown button.
- Batteries need to be replaced for operation.
Sound amplifier AXON K-80
The flesh-colored hearing aid will help people with hearing loss to recognize the speech of the interlocutor, to hear the surrounding sounds, to feel comfortable under any conditions. Depending on the situation, the user adjusts the required volume of information playback.
- The action type is digital.
- The maximum noise output is 115 dB.
- The sound is amplified from 30 dB.
- Wave distortion less than 10%.
- Frequency range – from 250 to 3800 Hz.
- Noise reduction function.
- Battery management.
- Supplied with 2 batteries.
- The nozzles are made of silicone.
- Weight – 5 g.
- Miniature size.
- Simple use.
- Weeds out extraneous noise.
- Quality packaging.
- 4 inserts of different sizes.
- Neat appearance.
- Indicator of the correct location of the battery.
- Invisible in use.
- Low cost.
- Stylish and convenient storage case.
- Fast energy consumption, requires frequent battery replacement.
- The device does not turn off.
- Not supplied with batteries.
- Some users complain about the playback quality.
Sound Amplifier Jinghao JH-906
The tiny, light brown instrument gives the user with any hearing loss the ability to hear clearly. Watching TV, listening to lectures, communicating with people become more comfortable.
- Purpose – 1 and 2 degree of hearing loss.
- The range is 10 meters.
- The gain is 50 dB.
- With a voltage of 1.5 V.
- Powered by 1 battery.
- Inserted into the ear.
- 4 variations of inserts.
- Weighs 4g including battery.
- Manufacturer – China.
- It conveys words well.
- Convenient plastic container with a latch.
- The lightness of the product.
- Practical soft silicone in the composition.
- Average price.
- Shockproof body.
- Invisible in use.
- Sound volume control.
- Small range.
- Simplicity of design.
- Turns on and off with batteries.
Audio Amplifier Zinbest HAP-40
The device helps people with hearing problems to better hear the world around them, to perform all the tasks. Simple operation of the device distinguishes it from a number of similar amplifiers. One rotation of the wheel will turn the device on and off, adjust the sound volume to the required level.
- Processing is digital.
- Placement of the case in a pocket.
- The sound is transmitted through headphones.
- Hearing distance – 20 meters
- Volume control function.
- Multichannel amplifier.
- The color of the product is black.
- Frequency range up to 3000 Hz.
- Sound intensity up to 50 decibels.
- 4 levels of sound adjustment.
- Weight – 35 grams.
- High gain.
- Special settings for the user.
- Convenient fastening with a clip on clothes or a belt.
- Suitable for people with fine motor skills problems.
- Budget price.
- The device is perceived as ordinary headphones.
- Long service life.
- Massive device.
- Perceptible weight.
- Not very convenient operation, the wire falls out.
Hearing aids and amplifiers solve the problem of insufficient hearing. A small device makes everything that was previously unheard accessible.
Advertising from sponsors: //