Buying an ear clipper is a profitable purchase for a man and a woman in order to delicately remove hair in the auricles at home. And for this, a compact trimmer is best suited.
These devices may be sold separately. But you can also buy a universal device, equipped with a set of nozzles for delicate ear trimming and a number of additional functions.
Types of ear clippers
The quality and principle of operation of the ear clipper largely determines which engine is installed in it.
Rotary ear clippers
They work from the mains and have a powerful micromotor up to 45 W, on the shaft of which there is an eccentric that sets in motion a small knife of an electrical appliance.
Advantages of rotary ear clippers:
- made of durable material;
- work without overheating – forced cooling function;
- minimum level of vibration and noise;
- removable blades;
- protective coating on knives;
- broken parts are replaced in the technical center;
- versatile and functional, suitable for thin or coarse hair.
Disadvantages: heavy weight, high cost.
Vibrating ear clippers
The movement of the working knife in such an ear clipper is achieved by a coil activating a vibrating arm.
Advantage: a light weight.
- power up to 15 W;
- strong vibration;
- non-removable blades and difficult cleaning process;
- if the main parts break down, they cannot be repaired.
Cordless ear clippers
The principle of operation of cordless ear clippers is the same as for rotary devices. The difference lies in the fact that the work takes place at the expense of the battery.
- light, ergonomic;
- are used indoors without a socket – it works from the mains and from the battery.
- battery power up to 12 W, without recharging it works for about an hour;
- regular lubrication of the work surface and cleaning is required.
A trimmer is another type of ear clipper. They are also suitable for cutting other short body hair or for correcting hairstyles. Therefore, it is better to buy them not as a component of the machine, but as a separate body care tool.
- removal of hairs in the ears with a special nozzle – the trimmer for the ears is sold separately;
- creating the shape of a mustache and beard;
- the formation of individual fragments of hairstyles;
- alignment of the temples;
- eyebrow correction;
- depilation in the bikini area and armpits.
The trimmer is half the size of an ear clipper, so it is not intended for trimming hair on the head. It can only be used to correct hairstyles.
These models of ear clippers can be cordless or battery powered. They are compact, so they prefer to take them with you on vacation or a business trip. Some models of trimmers are also equipped with a razor head.
How to choose an ear clipper
Ear clippers have a different set of characteristics and additional functions. Knowing them, you can make the best choice.
Attachments from 1 to 8 pieces can be sold together with the ear clipper. Home kits usually consist of 4 nozzles. They will allow you to take care of both the ears and the hair.
The material of the knives determines the quality of the work. Blades must be sharp and self-sharpening.
Stainless steel – a common material, but after 15-20 minutes of operation it overheats.
To improve its performance, spraying is applied to it:
- titanium – increases wear resistance and does not cause allergic skin reactions, but does not always give a smooth ride;
- diamond – the best spray option.
Ceramics – this is a fragile material, but it makes cutting the ears comfortable, as the blade moves freely and does not overheat.
The speed of the knives depends on the power of the engine. If there is no experience with the device, it is better not to experiment and buy a device with a power of up to 15 watts.
If you set it to the minimum speed, it is more difficult to make a mistake when cutting your ears.
Wet cleaning models with waterproof body and washable head. This makes it easier to clean the blades – they can be rinsed under running water.
Rubber body inserts
Rubberized inserts make it possible to comfortably use the device, without fear that it will fall out even from wet hands.
Allows you to control the charge of electricity in the battery.
How to use
After buying an ear clipper, you must definitely study the instruction manual. This will avoid errors when using the device, which will increase its service life.
Basic safety measures at work:
- Before switching on for the first time, make sure that the mains voltage matches the voltage.
- Children, as well as persons with physical and mental disabilities, are not allowed to access the device.
- Do not leave unattended connected to the network. It should be turned off during manipulations to clean it, especially if they are performed under water.
- To avoid getting an electric shock, do not cut your hair with the device near water. Do not store the device in the bathroom.
- Use only those accessories recommended by the manufacturer.
- If the blade is damaged, do not use.
- After each use, clean and lubricate.
- The device cannot be charged at sub-zero temperatures, as well as at t = 40°C.
- When you turn it on for the first time, a burning smell may appear – the factory grease burns out. This does not affect performance.
The ear clipper breaks down due to non-compliance with the rules of operation, as well as for a number of other reasons, for example, due to the natural wear of parts.
Some breakdowns are fixed on their own, while others will inevitably have to contact a technical repair center.
A broken wire is often found near the case and is accompanied by a short circuit. Cause: Wrong wire position during operation. If you have experience, a damaged cord can be replaced by yourself. But it is better to consult a specialist.
Repair in the workshop or complete replacement is possible.
Power button or speed switch not working
A breakdown occurs either due to the burning of the contacts, or due to damage to the plastic protrusions. Needs replacement or repair.
A common problem with improper use. The equipment does not turn on because there is not enough electricity. Repair and replacement of parts are done in the service.
Charger not working
The reasons may be: a wire break, a breakdown in the electrical circuit in the device adapter, etc. It is better to purchase a new one.
Broken coil in a vibrating machine
The appliance turns on, the indicators work, but it does not cut. The repair is done by the master.
Eccentric wear in battery machines
The device does not cut, because the amplitude of the movement of the knife is violated. The master repairs the eccentric.
Vibrating ear clippers generate noise due to a broken adjusting screw. In this case, it is regulated. If the reason is not in it, then it is necessary to take the machine to a service center.
They are undermined if broken at the edge. If in the middle, the device leaves a strip of uncut hair. To solve the problem, you need to contact a specialist.
The machine cuts in jerks. It may even seem that the knives are not sharpened. Solution to the problem: eliminate the backlash in the technical center.
Blades should be sharpened regularly and cleaned and lubricated. Dirt on knives slows down sliding. In rechargeable devices, it accelerates the discharge of the battery.
Advertising from sponsors: //