Diagnostic floor scales
For those who are fond of sports and monitor their health, household floor diagnostic scales are needed in an assortment with simulators. It has been noticed that regardless of whether a person goes in for sports or not, as soon as such a necessary device appears in the house, the total weight is reduced by up to 500 grams, even without following a special diet.
Features, pros and cons
They work from a conventional battery of 1.5 – 9 V. There are such instances that work on photocells that use the energy of the sun (solar batteries), or accumulate the energy that the mechanics of the device transfers during their constant use.
Resetting to zero occurs automatically when turned on or by pressing a special button located on the case.
The main purpose is to measure body weight. This is an important indicator of human health. But it doesn’t hurt to know the ratio of water, muscle and fat mass, bone tissue throughout the body.
Functions of diagnostic scales:
- The dynamics of all indicators for the required period of time is tracked.
- They will independently calculate the recommended parameter using the “Body Mass Index” technology, where height, gender, age and body structure will already be taken into account.
- If there are several users, they themselves will determine who is currently on them.
- They can choose a personal diet for a specific person and give advice on physical activity.
Advantages of diagnostic floor scales
They are used to prevent diseases. Athletes during training with their help select the desired training schedule and nutrition. Allows you to identify the disease in the early stages and seek medical help in time.
With their help, at any time you can find out the percentage of fat, bone and muscle mass, water. If you enter personal data (height, gender, age), you can get recommendations for calorie intake per day. Setting up the scales does not cause any particular difficulties, if you follow all the rules set out in the annotation that is attached to any device.
Disadvantages of diagnostic floor scales
A level ground is required for proper operation. Large discrepancies in measurements may appear on uneven floors. Some models tend to “freeze” for some time when issuing diagnostic results and give different values. To obtain the correct diagnostic results, it is necessary to stand on the measuring platform with bare feet.
How diagnostic floor scales work
At the heart of the work of scales capable of diagnosing the body, the principle of “biological impedance” is laid – a comparison of the results of the passage of electric current through the human body.
Such devices can work, provided that they stand barefoot. As soon as a person is on the platform, the circuit closes, and a weak electrical signal passes through it. Then it goes back to the device, where it is analyzed by special software.
The measurement starts with the input of the required data:
For diagnostics, a weak electrical discharge is used, therefore, devices are contraindicated for young children, pregnant women, and cardiac patients with a pacemaker.
The data obtained are analyzed based on the fact that current flows differently in different parts of the body.
- water and muscle tissues of the body have good electrical conductivity, respectively, there is a small electrical resistance;
- and almost do not conduct current adipose tissue and bones.
In addition to weight, the program provides the following data:
- Visceral fat – if the indicator is high, the risk of disease is higher: diabetes mellitus, cardiovascular diseases and oncology;
- Percentage of body water – shows the ratio of fluid in the body to the total weight. If this indicator is within the normal range, the risk of diseases is less;
- Bone mass – shows the total mass of the bone skeleton. A normal level indicates no health problems;
- Give the dynamics of the physical state;
- Basal metabolic rate – shows the minimum level of energy that is required for the standard work of the body as a whole. If the indicator approaches 70%, everything is in order with health. Its value is closely related to age. Based on these, this series of models can determine the biological age of a person.
- Physical Condition Rating Calculation – is calculated from the results of readings of fat and muscle tissue. Shows the general condition of the body;
- Recommended daily calorie intake taking into account gender and age;
- bone mass – data that show the general condition of the bone skeleton.
A prerequisite for obtaining accurate measurements is weighing three hours after eating or training.
Electronics is able to calculate the body mass ratio.
In order to understand the state of health, the BMI results are as follows:
- From 14 to 22 – insufficient weight;
- 22 – 26 – everything is fine;
- 26 – 31 – overweight;
- >31 – the state of obesity.
The data are averaged.
If there has been a change in readings with previous measurements, an audible signal is given. The optional monitor makes it easier to use for obese people and those with low vision. The scale has an automatic on/off switch.
Modern diagnostic mechanisms are synchronized with the tablet. You can watch the readings of the device on the display of the android device and see the graphs:
- the weight;
- fat percentage;
- blood pressure;
- sugar content.
Special programs with a clear interface in the measurement mode for athletes are synchronized with the iPhone or iPad.
How to choose a diagnostic bathroom scale
For buyers unfamiliar with this type of device, there are options to choose from:
- Price – advanced things are more expensive, but they will also last much longer.
- Permissible load – models work in the range from 0 to 150 kg.
- Display type – remote or built-in, size and brightness.
- Power supply – Batteries / accumulator.
- The presence of a diagnostic function.
- Appearance – the choice is wide enough to purchase a model from such a color range that will suit the taste of a picky buyer.
- Frame – cheap plastic, but it is also fragile. Preferably models made in a metal case. There are models with a body made of natural stone.
The accuracy class is indicated in the product passport. Before buying, check the readings of the device by comparing with other models in the store. If the readings agree, you can safely buy. Another test option is to put a load (a kilogram of rice) on them.
Like all measuring instruments, such precision devices have restrictions on the maximum allowable weight limit – 160 kg. But they are also sold with a limit of up to 220 kg. The 220 kg limit is designed for overweight people. If there are obese people in the family, it is better for them to choose a mechanism with a margin.
All measuring instruments have their own percentage of error. The most expensive electronic scales can “lie” by only 98 grams. And if you need to know the daily change in grams, then it is better to purchase with the least error.
How to use
- If the electronics work in rooms such as a bathroom (in a sauna), models made in a waterproof case are recommended.
- The platform for legs – corrugated or rough. In this way, slippage is avoided. An interesting model in which the place for measurements is indicated in the form of a person’s feet.
- Sustainability is also needed. If there is a mechanism for leveling on uneven surfaces, safety is increased.
- The metal case is more reliable.
- Mechanical should, after pressing, return exactly to zero.
- For visually impaired people, models with a red dial and digital display are suitable.
- The base of the floor is even and solid. Hairy surfaces are not suitable for measurement, because when tilted, measurements are given with a 10% error.
- If overload is allowed, the mechanism will break.
- Avoid close proximity to electromagnetic emissions from nearby radio equipment.
- If a malfunction occurs, it is better to turn it off for five minutes, and then turn it on again.
For safety reasons, do not stand on the platform with your feet in nylon tights or stockings, in socks and with wet feet. Feet may slip.
When weighing, you must stand straight (vertically) without tilting. Before taking readings from the device, take a stable position and do not move. No need to shift from foot to foot – you can twist your leg or get inaccurate readings.
Clean the surface regularly with a damp cloth. Cleaning agents are not recommended – you can wash off the pattern and paint from the case.
Scales do not turn on – in 50% of cases, the cause is a dead battery. Replacing with a new battery corrects the situation.
Wrong weight shown
- An uneven surface and a soft floor covering (insulated linoleum, carpet) will definitely cause malfunctions. Fixing the problem will help installation on a flat and rigid base.
- During transportation, the leg was skewed. Stand on the scales, press with your feet at different points where the sensors are installed. Then get off the site and let it turn off on its own. Now the device can be used.
- The foot pads themselves may have a factory defect in the form of cracks. Will only return the warranty card.
Advertising from sponsors: //