A building mixer is a mechanical device designed to prepare a mixture that is homogeneous in composition and state of aggregation.
Construction mixer device
In construction, there are a number of operations based on the “wet” method of finishing. They use aqueous suspensions of finishing materials. To create the latter, ready-made dry compositions are mixed with water and mixed.
With small volumes (within 3-7 liters), manual labor can be dispensed with. The processing of solutions with a volume of more than 8-10 liters is carried out using a special mechanical tool – a construction mixer.
Algorithm for preparing an aqueous solution:
- A dry mixture is poured into a previously prepared container and closed with water. The technology for preparing the solution is indicated on the package.
- The nozzle, installed on the power tool, mixes the mixture to a homogeneous state of aggregation. A break is made.
- After the time recommended by the manufacturer, the solution is mixed again with a mixer and then transferred to work. The nozzle is washed from the remnants of the mixture.
Types of construction mixers
Mechanisms are classified according to the type of drive:
- Rhand mixerequipped with a special nozzle. The physical strength of a person is used.
- power tool – drill, puncher or specialized device. Comes with various fittings.
The use of human power allows you to process up to 1-5 kg of dry mix. The electric tool differs in productivity and economy of physical forces of the operator.
According to the layout, the units are divided into single- and twin-screw. The latter are characterized by increased power and performance. In addition, rotating in opposite directions, the nozzles stabilize the position of the mixer in one position.
The main technical indicator of a construction mixer is the ability to mix a specific volume of mortar in a single operation. It depends on the power of the tool.
Since the mixer is equipped with an electric motor, its power is measured in kilowatts. The larger the number, the greater the performance of the tool:
- To solve problems within the “home” repair, a household series is produced. Power does not exceed 1 kW. Most electric drills, rotary hammers and small mixers fall into this category.
- Professionals performing construction and finishing works need a tool with a power of more than 1 kW. The drill does not fall into this group due to its specialized characteristics.
Perforators are equipped with speed adjustment mechanisms, so they are used to prepare aqueous suspensions of putties, plasters or tile adhesives.
Preparation of solutions is an additional function of the tool. It is suitable for short-term operations related to the preparation of mixtures.
- For the processing of significant volumes (up to 20-200 liters per batch), a construction mixer is intended. Its design is designed to work with heavy and viscous mixtures. The power of the tool is 2.5-3 kW.
The mass of the construction mixer varies from 2 kg (drill) to 10-15 kg (professional series). A typical unit for solving household tasks weighs 2-2.5 kg (drill or puncher). Semi-professional tool – up to 7-10 kg.
With the help of a mixer, mixing or preparation of liquid formulations or viscous suspensions is carried out:
- acrylic primers;
- paints and varnishes on organic solvents or a water basis;
- bituminous mastics;
- putties on polymer, gypsum or cement bases;
- cement-sand or gypsum plasters;
- adhesive compositions for tiled ceramic and porcelain tiles, glass mosaics, natural or artificial stone;
- light and medium concretes with a composition of binder, sand and crushed stone.
To carry out the main working functions, the tool has a number of indicators:
Speed control system
The built-in electronic mechanism allows you to automatically adjust the engine speed. This is necessary to maintain a constant mode of operation, which is disturbed during the mixing process.
When mixed with water, the components enter into a chemical reaction. A complex composition appears with other physical and technical properties. One of them – viscosity – resists the displacement of particles relative to each other.
Another – the mass of the mixture – requires an increase in power to move part of the solution.
These and other factors through the nozzle affect the engine, and the number of revolutions begins to fall. The automatic regulator does not allow this process to develop to the full extent, maintaining the optimal mode of operation.
Professional models are equipped with such a rotation speed stabilizer.
The torque shows what internal forces arise in the solution when it is stirred. The higher the indicator, the more dense and viscous the mixture is able to process the mixer.
The stirring force is directly related to the number of revolutions, and the maximum torque corresponds to the minimum rotation speed and vice versa.
A household series with a power of up to 1 kW produces 10-20 Nm. Such efforts are sufficient for mixing primers, paints, putties. With interruptions in work, you can prepare plaster mixtures or tile adhesive.
For heavy mixtures and concrete solutions, a force of up to 50-100 Nm will be required. This corresponds to units with a capacity of 1.2-2.5 kW. Such tools belong to the semi-professional and professional class.
If the manufacturer did not indicate torque data in the accompanying documentation, then it can be calculated independently using the formula:
M = (P*30)/(n*3.14), where
- M is the torque in Nm;
- P – power according to technical documentation in watts;
- n is the number of revolutions, rpm.
- power 2000 watts;
- work is carried out at 750 rpm, then:
M \u003d (2000 * 30) / (750 * 3.14) ≈ 25.5 Nm.
Reducing the speed to 500 units:
M \u003d (2000 * 30) / (500 * 3.14) ≈ 38.2 Nm.
Building electric mixer available with one speed or equipped with a two-speed gearbox. At rates of 750-850 rpm, it is more convenient to work with liquid formulations.
They mix faster, the suspension does not thicken and does not delaminate. Values less than 500 rpm are used for the preparation of heavy and viscous solutions.
Single speed models are available in the light series with power up to 1 kW. A two-speed tool has a power of 1.2-1.5 kW. In first gear, the mixer produces up to 650 rpm, but this increases the torque.
The second speed is designed for mixing liquid formulations and light mixtures.
Some models provide additional modes of operation, useful devices, devices.
Smooth start – operating mode, providing jerk-free start of the engine, “soft” spin-up. Due to this, it is possible to avoid the dispersion of the components of the dry mixture or the splashing of the liquid component of the solution.
The peak load is reduced. Helps increase tool life and ease of use.
Electronic engine protection. Includes:
- automatic shutdown of the electric motor when the brushes are worn;
- interruption of work when the unit overheats;
- stop operation at critical loads.
Hand protection – this is the layout of the handles and equipping them with anti-vibration material. The ring version in the form of two brackets is typical for household appliances.
The professional series is equipped with a T-shaped design. This handle is more comfortable when handling heavy mixtures.
The composition of the mixer, in addition to the engine, body and handle, includes a nozzle and a device for fixing it in the tool.
Nozzle attachment method
There are five main fixation methods:
- Threaded. The nozzle is attached to the spindle by means of a threaded connection. The most common for a specialized tool. It is reliable, but inconvenient to use.
- jaw chuck. It is used as an accessory for electric drills or mixer drills. Fixing of interchangeable devices in the cartridge is carried out with a special key.
It can be used for preparing light and medium solutions or mixing liquid formulations.
- SDS connection. Common for perforators. Provides a secure fit, but requires a similar design for the nozzle. Suitable for work with putty, plaster, adhesive composition.
- fast fix system. It is a quick release chuck. A similar type of fixation is used on screwdrivers. There is a drawback – when working with heavy mixtures, the edges of the whisk are quickly erased.
When using the reverse, there is a risk of unfixing (unwinding) of the device in the cartridge.
- Morse taper. The most reliable way to attach the nozzle in the mixer. Common among professional tools. Allows you to work with all types of solutions.
In addition to the tool itself, the package includes:
- accompanying documentation – passport, instruction manual, warranty card;
- a set of specialized keys;
In the process of work, protective equipment, consumables, additional devices will be required:
- replaceable electric cable having different lengths;
- goggles and gloves;
- solution container;
- interchangeable nozzles.
Attachment for construction mixer
For mixing aqueous compositions and preparing solutions, various types of mixers are used:
- Propeller. The screw is made in the form of a three-bladed whisk. Outwardly, it resembles a ship propeller or a fan impeller.
It is used for mixing liquid acrylic primers, water-based paints or paints and varnishes. It is used complete with mixers of a household and professional series.
- cross. The nozzle is equipped with straight vertical blades made of round bar. It creates a horizontal flow, due to which air almost does not get into the mixture and the components of the solution do not oxidize.
It is used in work with heavy and viscous compositions.
- Spiral. It is right handed or left handed. The first moves the solution up. It is used for adhesive compositions on a cement or gypsum basis, as well as light and medium concrete. The second moves the mixture down.
Prevents splashing. Suitable for putties and suspensions with mineral filler. For a tool equipped with a reverse, it is enough to have one of two nozzles.
By changing the direction of rotation of the screw, a change in the direction of the flow of the solution is achieved. Used in mortar mixer.
- double sided screw. Represents a combination with opposite screws. The bottom one lifts the solution up. The other reverses the flow direction.
Thus, high-quality mixing of the composition is ensured. It is used for work with liquid or non-viscous compositions.
- Universal auger. Combines the properties of other nozzles. Let’s apply to processing of liquid solutions, easy and average mixes.
Some models of nozzles are equipped with support rings or discs. This allows you not to keep the mixer on weight, but to fix it on the bottom of the bowl.
Taking into account the mass of the stirrer itself (4-8 kg) and the forces that arise during operation, the load from them, which falls on a person, can lead to his rapid fatigue. It is advisable to use such a nozzle in a concrete mixer.
The fixture length is 400 or 600 mm. Extension rods are used if necessary. Dimensional step in Ø: 80-100-120-140-160 mm.
For work with paint and varnish products, it is preferable to choose stainless steel. This will eliminate the risk of oxidation and distortion in the color of the processed material.
It is advisable to use the same steel in the preparation of light and medium mortars containing mineral fillers. The latter, as a result of friction with stirring, gradually erase the top layer.
The additional equipment of the tool with various options and additional functions helps to increase the convenience in work and increase productivity.
For example, the drilling operation added to the Build Mixer allows vertical holes to be made in soft materials. Useful when building or repairing a house made of wood. It is sufficient to equip the machine with a suitable cutting attachment.
- Starting current control. Stabilizes the engine speed at idle when immersed in the mixture and in the working position when removed from the solution.
In these modes, there is a change in effort, the engine may begin to increase speed, which will lead to splashing of the components.
- Speed lock. On some models, a locking mechanism is provided. It is an additional key that fixes the selected rotation speed.
- Rack. It is a metal structure that combines an electric mixer, a mixing bowl and a support for them. The container is made in the form of a cone-shaped funnel with a hole at the bottom.
This scheme allows you to install a device for preparing the mixture next to the finishing object.
- Additional handle. For household series tools (drills or rotary hammers), an additional handle is available. It allows you to fix the mixer with a second hand, which makes it easier to control when working with viscous solutions.
A mixer is a highly specialized tool, the design of which is designed for the loads that arise during the preparation of building mixtures. During drilling work, mainly axial forces occur, because the drill is good for mixing liquid solutions.
The hammer drill is stronger, but it cannot handle a busy schedule of working with concrete compositions.
The radical forces arising during the preparation of solutions are taken into account in the design of the construction mixer:
- the ability to work with solutions with a volume of 100-200 liters;
- the duration of the primary mixing does not exceed 10 minutes;
- the composition of the solutions varies from water-based paint compositions to medium concrete mixes with mineral fillers.
A professional mixer can be an alternative to a concrete mixer. For it, the mains voltage is 220 V.
The introduction of the drilling function into the list of operations allows you to create a mobile machine for creating vertical holes. This allows:
- make through and blind holes in the tree;
- drilling soil under a columnar or pile foundation;
- to remove the soil under the supports for the fence.
But for the last two operations, a power of at least 1.5 kW is required.
The main disadvantages are directly related to the technical characteristics of the unit, with an increase in power and productivity, they increase:
- overall dimensions and weight;
- noise at work;
The introduction of the drilling function partially affects the main purpose of the mixer – the preparation of mixtures. This is due to the fact that the modes of these two operations differ:
- there are different loads;
- work is carried out at other speeds;
- for drilling, the function of feeding the drill in the course of drilling is necessary.
How to choose a construction mixer?
To select a tool, you first need to determine the types, scope of work, frequency of use of the unit. This affects power and cost.
When repairing your own home, a drill or hammer drill with a power of up to 700-800 watts is enough. This is enough to prepare:
- tile adhesive;
- self-leveling floor;
- mixing primers or paints.
Professional teams need a construction mixer with a power of 1-1.2 kW. With such a tool, it is possible to process solutions from 200-300 or more liters per shift.
For work with heavy viscous mixtures, it is better to opt for a two-spindle unit with a two-speed gearbox.
Building your own home is like a mixer drill. Power from 1000 watts. The presence of a two-speed gearbox. Planting one nozzle. Cope with concrete solutions. Possible drilling of soil, drilling of wood.
Imported or domestic?
- With relatively the same characteristics, Russian products are cheaper.
- Performance of comparable operations – domestic products are almost as good as imported analogues.
- Service. The repair network is better developed for local equipment, there are fewer problems with components and spare parts.
- Reliability, durability, quality. Alas, the imported “branded” instrument is still ahead in terms of these indicators.
For the preparation of small volumes of mixtures, solving household problems, it is more profitable to use domestic products. For private craftsmen, products with the trademark Fiolent, Interskol, Bison are suitable.
For professional teams with intensive use of the tool, it is better to opt for a Bosch, Makita, Hitachi tool.
How to use a construction mixer?
The construction mixer must be used for its intended purpose, otherwise there is a risk of its rapid failure. Rules for using the tool and safety precautions are given in the accompanying documentation.
Before starting work, regardless of the experience of handling such equipment, it is necessary to read the instruction manual and further be guided by the recommendations contained in it.
This will make it possible to use free services in case of emergencies that may arise in the course of work.
The list of the main recommendations of manufacturers:
- work only with a serviceable tool;
- before starting work, be sure to check that all components and components are in good condition, check the presence of oil in the gearbox;
- avoid constant peak loads;
- at the end of work or a long break, be sure to rinse the nozzle on the mixer with water, cleaning it from the layers of the solution; the same requirement applies to the instrument as a whole;
- store the tool in a dry, ventilated area.
The warranty period for the mixer is set by the manufacturer and is indicated in the accompanying documentation. In the instruction manual or other document, the following must be indicated:
- rules for filling out and the availability of a warranty card when applying for services;
- conditions for accepting a tool for warranty repair;
- the legal basis of the warranty conditions is the current legislation of the Russian Federation, in particular, the Civil Code of the Russian Federation and the law “On Protection of Consumer Rights”.
The warranty period is calculated from the date of sale of the product through the distribution network, which must be recorded in the accompanying documentation.
Warranty obligations are valid during the entire service period and apply to defects caused by production reasons during the production of products.
When buying goods in a distribution network, you must carefully familiarize yourself with the completeness of the delivery, the serviceability of the product and the correct execution of the accompanying documentation.
Faults, repairs, spare parts
In case of equipment failure during the warranty period, it is advisable to seek help from branded or accredited service centers.
After the service period has passed and with a good knowledge of the tool, it is quite possible to repair it on your own.
The most worn parts of the product:
- collector brushes;
- buttons for switching on, switching, fixing, etc.;
- nozzle for the construction mixer.
In the event of a breakdown of the cartridge or mixer nozzle, these parts are replaced with new ones. You can buy them in specialized retail chains.
Brushes, buttons, switches are available in the service departments. In many models of construction power tools, there is direct access to the assembly in which the brushes are located.
This allows, without disassembling the entire body of the mixer, to quickly replace the graphite brushes of the electric motor.
Buttons, switches, latches also have a quick-release connection with the main body, which makes it easy to dismantle and replace them with new ones. Such operations are described in the instruction manual or product data sheet.
In case of damage to the electrical part, in particular the electric motor or electronic devices, service will be required in the service and repair department.
An attempt to intervene without the appropriate knowledge can lead to the complete failure of individual components or the tool as a whole.
A small mechanical damage to the electric cable is eliminated by connecting the damaged cores and restoring the insulation.
But it should be remembered that during start-up or peak loads, a significant current may occur, which will break through the junction of the repaired wire. For safety reasons, it is better to install a new cable.
It is easier to do this with a plug-in connection; for this, it is enough to purchase a new power cord and connect it to the tool. The absence of a connector will require disassembling the case, dismantling the damaged cable and attaching a new one.
A construction mixer is an expensive tool. An attempt to repair complex components on your own can lead to the complete loss of the unit. Therefore, it is better to waste time and spend money on repairs in a specialized center.
Construction Mixer Manufacturers
In our country, products manufactured under the following trademarks have proven themselves well:
- board, German company. The brand was registered in 2001. It specializes in the production of construction tools. Production facilities are located in China.
- Bosch, a world-famous concern that produces a variety of products for construction purposes. The headquarters is in Germany, but production is scattered around the world. Russia receives products from China.
- Hitachi, international company. The head office is located in Japan. The widest range of industrial and household products. One of the directions is the production of construction equipment.
- Interskol, a brand of a Russian company. The center is located in Yelabuga, Tatarstan. Specialization – production of equipment for various industries. Produces power tools for professional and household series.
- Makita – one of the largest companies in the production of tools for working with wood, concrete, materials for construction and industry. The assortment of the enterprise includes more than 1000 items.
The company is headquartered in Japan. Production facilities – in the UK, Germany and other countries.
- Stomer – the company is part of the SBM group corporation. Specializes in the production of professional power tools. The line includes models for private craftsmen and professional teams.
- bison is a Russian company headquartered in Mytishchi. Manual, mechanized, power tools, components and consumables – the main nomenclature of the company.
Clients: manufacturing plants, utilities, professional craftsmen and hobbyists.
Advertising from sponsors: //