8 types of hammers
The operation of the device with a drive is based on the principle of operation of a hammer – impact on an object or part.
According to the type of energy supplied, hammers are divided into:
- pneumatic drive.
The source of external energy is the electrical network. The engine drives the rotor, which in turn acts on the striker. The latter transmits mechanical impulses to the percussion device.
In this device, technical oil serves as a working medium that transmits energy. Make-up is carried out from a hydraulic station. The vibration component is provided by the oscillation generator.
The flow of fluid acts on the piston-striker. Further, the mechanical impulse is transmitted to the shank of the percussion device.
Due to the high density and lower compressibility of the working fluid, in comparison with the pneumatic actuator, the product is compact. Has increased impact power.
Productivity is 2-3 times higher than that of analogues. In addition, the design itself produces less noise.
The working fluid is compressed air. The supply is carried out by the compressor. Adjustment is made by air-distributing shock system. It, alternately changing the direction of the air flow, creates the effect of a periodic multidirectional pressure vector.
Due to this, the piston receives a forward-return movement. A hit is created.
This group of tools with an external power source includes devices that convert human muscle strength. The principle of operation is preserved – the creation of a shock impulse.
Other names – construction or furniture stapler. The drive is by human muscle power or pneumatic, electric (from the network or battery). The last two are for industrial applications.
The device with a manual drive is equipped with a spring. This allows you to increase the force of impact and produce it in hundredths of a second. It is used to solve domestic and industrial problems. Limitation – the physical capabilities of a person.
The design uses two types of springs: classic twisted or lamellar. For the first type, a mechanism for adjusting the impact force is provided. In the second case, the product is compact and inexpensive.
The stapler is equipped with a mechanism that allows you to score:
- rectangular brackets;
- U-shaped fixing elements;
A type of stapler is a staple hammer. It is a handle to which a staple mechanism is attached. The energy to drive the brace is the impact inertia.
The stapler has found application in the furniture industry – with its help, upholstery fabric is attached. It is used in construction: decorative panels, electric or television cables are fixed, wooden lining is “targeted”.
The electric stapler is equipped with a safety mechanism – to prevent involuntary pressing the trigger and ejection of the staple. Without fixing and pressing the device to the base, the button will be blocked, the fastener will not come out of the case.
Devices are developed and used with one type of hardware. Appropriate marking is applied to the packaging and body of the product. Universal staplers are produced that work with 2-6 types of fasteners.
A mechanical device for driving fasteners without the use of human physical strength. The device runs on electricity or compressed air. When driving a nail, pressurized gas is applied to the piston. The latter acts on the nail, pressing it into the material.
A safety mechanism is provided to protect against an unintentional shot into the air. The work will be carried out after pressing to the base.
The nail gun is used in housing construction, assembly of large-sized wooden structures, pallets. It is applied in furniture production and to finishing works.
It is made in the form of a pistol or a jackhammer of small sizes. The working fluid is powder gas from the actuation of a construction cartridge. Designed for targeting metal dowel-nails into dense materials:
- low carbon steel.
Application is regulated by state acts. People who have undergone special training are allowed to work.
Refers to a group of devices that affect an object with a periodic variable force. The main function is to produce a blow.
- designed to form recesses or through holes in partitions, bases;
- breaks concrete or asphalt;
- splits the overall details of structures;
- loosens dense soil;
- crushes rocks and performs other functions.
As an external drive energy is used:
- organic fuel – gasoline type with the installation of an internal combustion engine on the hammer body;
- pneumatic – the working fluid is compressed air supplied from the compressor;
- electricity – power is supplied from the central network or a portable generator.
Characteristics of automatic hammers
Power. For an electric drive or a gasoline engine, this is an indicator of the power plant. Compressed air – compressor power.
Impact force. Work at the point of application of force or the amount of energy transmitted to an object in a limited space (area of a percussion instrument). With increasing performance, the ability to work with heavy and dense materials increases. For example:
- up to 5J – removal of plaster or tiles, chasing under a cable or pipe;
- 5-30J – dismantling of brickwork, concrete partitions, leveling of a dense base;
- 30-60 J – processing of frozen soil, mining of rocks, making niches in a concrete wall;
- over 60 J – “concrete breakers”; destruction of ceilings at airfields, building reinforced concrete structures, foundations.
Number of strokes. Shows the number of impacts per unit of time. Describes the performance of the tool. For a certain type of work or type of material, its own processing mode is selected.
- Light class, up to 5 kg, used for finishing work; versatility, the ability to perform operations in a horizontal position (perpendicular to vertical planes).
- Medium, 5-10 kg, is used to solve a wide range of tasks – making openings, dismantling a concrete base or destroying asphalt; due to the increased mass, a restriction is imposed for operation in a horizontal plane.
- Over 10 kg – “concrete breakers”; Designed for heavy-duty work with tough and tough materials.
The tool is used in conjunction with devices:
- Crowbar (peak). It is used to create recesses, holes, loosening the soil, destroying rocks or concrete.
- Shoulder blade. Removes old coatings, tiles, cleans the surface from sagging.
- Chisel. It is used for operations on reinforced concrete, frozen ground, cutting metal.
- Rammer. Compacts the soil or soil, is used for work on sealing joints, cracks.
The design of the device provides a number of functions:
- Soft start mode. Applies to electric drive. Allows you to gradually increase the speed, reduce starting loads, increase the service life. The electric hammer works without jerks. Reduces stress on the hands.
- Stroke control. The frequency setting is made for a specific operation. Heavy structures require maximum performance. Precise work is done at minimum values.
Auto mode. The adjustment system independently selects a constant number of strokes, regardless of the applied load.
- Locking the start button. Allows you to block the trigger mechanism, thereby relieving the operator’s fingers from the load.
- Vibration protection. The operation of the mechanism causes increased vibration affecting the mechanism of the device and the operator. The use of dampers, counterweights, soft shock-absorbing materials can reduce the load.
This has a positive effect on the person and the design of the device.
- Carbon brush health indication. Warns of an approaching replacement of the motor brushes due to wear of the conductive coating.
The power tool kit includes:
- accompanying documentation (passport for the product, instructions, warranty card);
- set of seals (for pneumatic or hydraulic drive);
- additional set of carbon brushes for the electric motor;
- percussion devices (peak, chisel, spatula, rammer);
- oil tank and more.
The list of included parts and accessories varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. It can be a standard kit or a set of additional options.
Devices with a mechanical drive have a number of consumer qualities:
- reduction of physical load on a person;
- high productivity compared to manual labor;
- allow you to perform operations with durable dense materials, disassemble heavy structures;
- electric tool, due to its overall dimensions and weight, is successfully used to solve everyday problems;
- the gas unit does not depend on third-party energy sources;
- pneumatic hammers are used in places with increased fire and explosion hazard.
How to choose automatic hammers
When getting acquainted with the tool, it is advisable to pay attention to a number of factors:
- types of work performed, volume of operations and intensity of operation of the hammer;
- the presence of an external source of energy – electricity, a compressor or a hydraulic station;
- the ratio of indicators “mass of the device – power”;
- equipment with functions, number of operating modes;
- the presence of a repair and service network in the village.
One of the indicators of quality and reliability is the brand (trademark) of the manufacturer.
Despite the higher price, excellent technical characteristics, service life and warranty will make it possible to recoup the costs incurred for the purchase of the necessary equipment.
An externally driven tool is a technically complex machine. It must be used strictly for its intended purpose. Requirements and recommendations are set out in the accompanying documentation: passport, operating instructions.
Violation of the rules of use during the warranty period will result in the loss of the possibility of free maintenance and repair.
Standard terms of service and free repair are established by the manufacturer. Information about this is given in the documents attached to the technique.
Complicated breakdowns must be eliminated in a service and repair shop. It is especially important to follow these recommendations during the warranty period. But there are cases when it is possible to eliminate the shortcomings on your own:
- Skew staples (nails, pins). Eliminated by bulkhead clip with fasteners.
- Breakage of the wooden handle of a hand tool. Repair – replacement of the handle.
- Formation of burrs on a metal striker. It is necessary to process the surface with grinding material.
- Weakening of the fixation of the hammer on the handle. Replacing the wedge, installing a new handle, soaking in water.
- Clogged air duct in pneumatic equipment. Remove dirt and ice chunks. Blowed out with compressed air.
- Small number of strokes. For pneumatics – lack of air flow pressure. Electricity – low voltage in the network.
- Carbon brush wear. Replace with new parts according to instructions.
- Dry moving mating parts. The reason is the lack of technical oil. Elimination – topping up the lubricating fluid container.
Advertising from sponsors: //