Each brand of wine has its own special taste and aroma. In order not to lose an exquisite bouquet, it is necessary to create certain conditions for storing bottles with a drink.
Arrangement of wine cabinets
According to all the rules of winemaking, for the maturation and long-term storage of wine, you need:
- stable temperature regime, in which fermentation processes slow down;
- lack of daylight and ultraviolet light, to prevent oxidation;
- natural ventilation that prevents the penetration of foreign odors and the formation of mold;
- high humidity (not lower than 50%), which excludes the drying of the cork, the ingress of air and foreign odors into the bottle;
- complete rest, necessary for harmonious maturation.
wine cabinets – the best option for an ideal storage of a special product.
The principle of operation of the equipment is similar to the operation of household refrigerators.
Cooling is provided by a motor-compressor. The air is supplied and distributed by force by a fan or naturally due to the pressure difference between the ventilation openings of the device. The air is then purified through a carbon filter. Ventilation is controlled automatically.
Vibration absorption is facilitated by:
- solid wood pallets with built-in shock absorbers;
- a special way of fastening the compressor (does not come into contact with the walls of the structure).
The new generation models use compressorless cooling. Humidity is maintained by absorbing moisture on the inner walls of the cabinet (“weeping” wall). Excess liquid is discharged outside using a drainage system.
From the control panel, the unit is turned on and off, and the temperature is adjusted. Indicators are displayed on the display in digital form. In some models, the adjustment is performed remotely from the control panel.
Types of wine cabinets
Wines have different potential. Some continue to ripen even in bottles, for which they need certain conditions. Other brands “freeze” after the spill and do not manifest themselves in a state of expectation. Each drink must be at a certain temperature before serving. Based on these properties, two types of wine cabinets have been developed.
Climate storage designed for wines that have yet to reach their peak of flavor and reach their full potential. The equipment creates conditions that repeat the microclimate of wine cellars. It is intended for the aging of the drink and long-term storage of bottles, therefore it provides for one temperature regime (10-14 degrees).
Temperature cabinets provide a relatively short storage of the product and are focused on preparing it for serving. Accordingly, there are:
- two-temperature – for storage and cooling up to 6-10 degrees;
- three-temperature – with three compartments for storage, cooling and bringing to room temperature (16-20 degrees);
- multi-temperature – with more than 10 temperature zones from 7 to 21 degrees.
For storage of red, white, sparkling wines, 10-14 degrees are maintained.
For serving, the type of drink and the desired temperature in degrees are taken into account:
- saturated red – 18-20;
- reds of medium saturation – 15-18;
- light red – 13-15;
- pink – 10-11;
- white (dry, semi-dry, sweet) – 7-10;
- sparkling – 5-8.
According to the number of temperature zones, cabinets are single-zone, in which the temperature and humidity are the same everywhere. Multi-zone (up to 5 zones) allows you to store different varieties of wine, setting the necessary parameters for each of them separately.
Wine cabinets are available freestanding or built-in. Built-in models are made to standard sizes of household or professional furniture (90-60-30(60)). The height of the solo technique is 100-180 cm.
Compact equipment is designed for at least 18-20 bottles. More capacious is designed to store a collection of 200 or more items.
The unit of calculation is a standard bottle of 0.75 liters.
The shelves are pulled out along telescopic guides and are equipped with plastic plugs or built-in stoppers on the sides to prevent the container from falling. They are placed in a horizontal position, and for presentation – at an angle of 45 degrees.
- strained glass;
- natural wood;
If there are no shelves in the cabinet, the bottles are placed with their necks into the holes on the back wall of the structure. There are options for shelves of different lengths, allowing you to put the first row vertically, and lay the rest of the copies horizontally, which is convenient for demonstration. Reversible shelves have recesses for different types of bottles on both sides.
The blind doors protect the collection from the sun and daylight, which do not allow viewing the contents. In this case, they are equipped with a special registrar, which displays the necessary information about the bottle, the date it was placed in storage.
The sashes are also made transparent.
From the penetration of ultraviolet saves a sheet of quartz glass or tinting.
The installed backlight allows you to read labels without opening the cabinet. In many models, the doors are outweighed, closed with a lock. Double glazing with vacuum space between panes reduces heat leakage.
Wine cabinets successfully replace a wine cellar, which is the main advantage in the absence of the necessary space for storing bottles of alcohol in apartments, houses or public institutions (restaurants, bars, shops).
They provide not only cooling, but also heating (Zima system), so they can be installed in unheated rooms. Attractive appearance easily fits into any interior.
The design of the equipment is focused on two main consumer groups: bars-restaurants and apartments-country houses.
Cabinets for the home are finished in natural wood (walnut, oak, cherry) or imitation of valuable species and blends seamlessly with furniture or with a facade that follows the direction of the kitchen set.
Plastic or metal enclosures are suitable for bar and restaurant furnishings. For ease of movement, they are equipped with wheels or adjustable legs. Additionally, the wine cellar can be equipped with a tasting table, shelves for glasses and other pleasant elements.
In addition to the main functions, manufacturers lay other smart features:
- sound signals announcing malfunctions, a loosely closed door and other interference;
- a display that allows you to control the process without looking inside;
- hermetic closure to store open bottles.
As a natural moisture regulator in some instances, as an additional option, lava stone is used. It absorbs excess water and releases it if the air becomes dry.
Retractable bar – an original solution that makes it possible to demonstrate the existing collection. Units of the elite class have a compartment for storing cigars (humidor).
How to use
In general, the wine cooler is a reliable and easy-to-use device. But, despite this, persons are not allowed to it:
- under 15 years old;
- with limited mental and physical abilities;
- with the lack of the necessary experience and knowledge, who have not been instructed and trained to work with the device.
Inconvenience during operation can provoke the wrong choice of model, depending on the placement conditions. So, equipment that is built in is more suitable for the home:
- into a niche. Its use will be comfortable and correct if you plan the placement at the stage of designing a kitchen or room. Otherwise, there will be problems with opening the door, ventilation and other nuances;
- under the table. A unit with a height of no more than 90 cm is placed in such a space. For these purposes, a compressor device is suitable, which more efficiently provides cooling and ventilation in an enclosed space.
The lack of ventilation provokes the failure of individual components and the entire unit, and also violates the conditions for proper storage of wines.
The temperature in the room where the equipment is installed is regulated within 10-32 degrees. Any deviation from this indicator reduces the efficiency of the device.
The use by restaurants of only climate cabinets creates inconvenience when serving a drink. It will have to be brought to the desired temperature by heating (red) or cooling (white and sparkling). In this case, a three-temperature technique is suitable, excluding troublesome preparation.
How to choose a wine cabinet
When choosing a wine cabinet, you must have a clear understanding of the purpose for which it is intended.
capacity. Depends on the available space and the amount of alcohol. For the home, options are possible, both freestanding and built-in. For small spaces, there are models with a width of 15 cm, which fit only one row of containers. Such cabinets are convenient for storing a small number of especially valuable items. In restaurants and bars, stand-alone or built-in cabinets are more appropriate.
Temperature regime. For home collecting and restaurants specializing in elite alcohol, mono-temperature equipment is suitable. An addition in the form of a humidor or a compartment for storing glasses will be very useful.
For actively visited restaurants, in order not to create inconvenience to staff and visitors, it is more profitable to install wine equipment with a multi-temperature regime.
Thermoelectric type operating on a Peltier module (plates with contacts between which a temperature difference is created). Disadvantages: cannot be built into furniture structures. Pros: practicality, low cost.
Compressor type, in which cooling occurs due to compression and evaporation of the refrigerant. Disadvantages: slight vibrations during compressor operation, care must be taken when moving. Advantages: high reliability, efficient cooling, the ability to build under countertops and other furniture.
The standard cabinet has a minimal set of necessary functions and a simple design. A more expensive unit is distinguished by the presence of additional options, a variety of shapes, finishes. Exclusive devices are made to order, according to specific requests for the perfect storage of wine.
Special attention should be paid to the doors, which provide protection from light and sunlight. If the purchased equipment will be located in an area with a minimum number of people or it is not supposed to demonstrate its contents, it is better to limit yourself to blind doors.
Knowing the basic nuances, choosing the right option for wine storage is not difficult.
Which is better
For the average consumer, without special requests, the adjective “best” should mean reliability and functionality and provide:
- stable temperature inside (the thickness of the insulation layer is not less than 50 mm, multi-temperature mode with several zones)
- constant humidity (60-70%);
- lack of vibrations (compressor mounted on special blocks, wooden shelves inside the structure);
- good ventilation and no odors (charcoal filter).
If the number of bottles does not exceed 20, there is no need to purchase a super-functional cabinet with 200 seats. Two temperature zones ensure proper storage and good ventilation. Retractable and adjustable shelves allow you to use the existing unit to the maximum.
Whether the design is built-in or freestanding, this will not affect the functionality. Therefore, the choice of the best cabinet depends on the preferences, needs and financial condition of the buyer.
How to use
A wine cabinet is an electrical equipment, the safety and reliability of which depends on compliance with the operating conditions.
The unit is installed on a level surface so as to ensure free circulation of air necessary for ventilation and cooling. The required voltage is 220 V.
It is forbidden:
- use extension cords for work;
- install next to a stove or heating appliances;
- plug into an ungrounded outlet.
Connection of equipment equipped with a compressor is made no earlier than 2 hours after its delivery.
Devices are not installed indoors:
- with a humidity level exceeding 75%;
- containing conductive dust;
- in the presence of a chemically active environment;
- with metal, earth, reinforced concrete and other conductive floor coverings.
Before connecting, carefully wipe the inner surface with a soft cloth moistened with warm water.
Specific requirements for preparing for operation are set out in the instructions for each model. When connected to a network, the device turns on automatically. It remains only to configure it.
- in order to minimize power consumption and prevent performance degradation, the ambient temperature is maintained in the range of 20-25 degrees;
- in order not to damage the seal on the door, when taking out the bottles, you must make sure that it is fully open;
- an empty cabinet is unplugged, cleaned and the door is left ajar to prevent odors and mold;
- in order to avoid failure of the compressor, the equipment is switched on in case of a necessary shutdown no earlier than after 5 minutes.
It is not allowed to use the device for other purposes. Do not try to store cheese or other products with bottles. This can cause the appearance of unpleasant odors, worsen the conditions for storing wine.
In the event of a power failure, the set temperature regime is maintained for several hours, if you try not to open the cabinet at this time or open it a minimum number of times.
The outlet into which the equipment is connected must be working. It is forbidden to touch a simultaneously operating cabinet and a device with natural grounding (heating battery, water tap).
If during operation there are signs of damage to the mains (pinching when touching metal), the device must be urgently disconnected from the power supply. Do not allow moisture to enter the compressor and live parts.
Maintenance and care
Before cleaning and maintenance, the wine cabinet is disconnected from the mains, holding the plug with dry hands.
The surface of the equipment can be easily damaged. Therefore, abrasives and aggressive chemical compounds should not be used to care for the unit. It is washed with an aqueous solution of soda at the rate of 2 tablespoons per liter of water or a mild detergent without the use of metal brushes.
Once a year, the condenser on the rear panel is cleaned with a vacuum cleaner or a hair brush.
If you need to transport a wine cabinet, you need:
- expose all content from it;
- fix all non-static structural elements inside;
- remove legs;
- close the door and seal it with adhesive tape;
- pack in soft cloth.
The unit is transported in a vertical position. Compliance with operating conditions guarantees reliable operation and preservation of aesthetic appearance.
When buying a wine cabinet, you should check its complete set, make sure that there are no visible mechanical damages and that it can work.
It is obligatory to have a warranty card indicating the model, serial number, with the stamp of the trading organization, date of sale, signature of the seller.
Common Warranty Terms:
- one year for thermoelectric cabinet;
- up to three years for compressor equipment.
Spare parts installed during the warranty period are guaranteed for 6 months.
Warranty conditions are determined by each manufacturer for specific models. Therefore, before buying, you need to be interested in the nuances.
As a rule, the warranty does not cover damage resulting from:
- non-compliance with the manufacturer’s requirements for installation, transportation, storage, operation;
- self-repair of components or the entire unit;
- dismantling, design modifications or other interventions;
- fire, natural disaster or other extreme event;
- exposure to animals, insects;
- deviations in the operation of the electrical network;
- ingress of foreign objects into the working elements;
- mechanical damage.
If the coupon is not preserved, filled with violations, corrections, the manufacturer does not accept the claim.
Coupon, receipt, receipts and other documents related to warranty repair or service must be kept.
Repair of equipment under warranty is carried out by service centers specified by the manufacturer.
Faults and repairs
A wine cabinet is a complex technological equipment. During its operation, both minor and serious damage are possible. The murmur of the refrigerant, light crackles emitted by the operating unit is normal.
Knowing the features of their models, each manufacturer in the instructions gives a list of possible malfunctions that the consumer can fix on their own without interfering with the design of components and assemblies.
Problems and solutions:
- the cabinet is connected to the network, but the screen of the unit does not light up, the equipment does not work – check the voltage in the mains, the serviceability of the socket or plug, the integrity of the fuse (replace if burned out);
- insufficient cooling – adjust settings. Possible reasons: high ambient temperature, frequent opening of the door, broken seal on the door;
- frequent spontaneous on / off – check the temperature in the room, reduce the workload of the chambers and adjust the temperature in them, close the door more tightly;
- noise is heard during operation. Causes: incorrect installation of the cabinet, loosening of the fan screws, foreign objects in the structure. Actions: balance the unit with retractable legs, tighten the fan screws, remove any interference;
- there is a smell inside – thoroughly clean and ventilate (within 3-4 hours).
If the display instead of numbers shows incomprehensible information or a continuous squeak is heard, then the temperature sensor has failed. You cannot take action on your own. This is the work of the service center.
Of the equipment components most often need to be replaced:
- Peltier element;
- microprocessor block;
- temperature sensor;
Freon filling, elimination of its leaks, washing of the condenser and other works that restore the unit’s performance are also carried out.
The equipment is specific. Humidity and temperature sensors, the presence of several temperature zones with fine adjustment, filters, vibration absorption systems and other elements are not typical for traditional built-in refrigerators.
Therefore, for post-warranty repairs, specialized service centers are chosen that perform maintenance, repairs, sales of spare parts and accessories for wine cabinets.
Wine cabinet manufacturers
The German brand, which is part of the Whirlpool concern, is well known in Europe. Appeared on the Russian market about 5 years ago. The main direction is large household appliances. The main goal of the company is to make household chores easier.
The products are characterized by maximum comfort, exquisite design, high reliability and safety. Strengths – eco-philosophy and energy-efficient technologies.
The manufacturer’s product catalog contains single-temperature floor-standing wine cabinets of various capacities. Options and functionality:
- temperature range – 8-16 degrees;
- antibacterial filters;
- reversible doors;
- adjustable shelf height;
- class A energy consumption;
- finishing – natural wood.
Basic warranty is 36 months from the date of purchase. There are customer support centers for user service. To troubleshoot the wizard, you can call the hotline.
The German company has been producing electronic household appliances for more than 50 years, producing standard and elite equipment. The highest quality and improved functionality are the manufacturer’s priorities.
Bomann mono- and multi-temperature wine cabinets are designed to store small collections of wines from 8 to 18 bottles. A compressor and thermoelectric cooling system is used.
- constant temperature;
- UV protection;
- minimum power consumption.
Control and settings are carried out using an electronic control system with a display. Facades are equipped with glass with UV protection, metal elements are chrome-plated. The product has a discreet design that fits into any interior.
Warranty – 36 months. If the specified period is lower, then the model is a replica from Chinese manufacturers or the product was delivered to the country unofficially. In this case, warranty repairs at service centers may be in doubt.
The German brand in 2015 was recognized as the brand of the year in its country, thanks to microwave ovens and wine coolers. The products are in demand in many countries of the world. Differs in reliability of work and wide functionality. It has appeared in our country since 2015.
The catalog contains wine cabinets of various capacities and dimensions:
- freestanding and built-in;
- one- and two-zone;
- with thermoelectric and compression cooling system.
Lightproof glass doors, chrome shelves, discreet design. The models are characterized by high technical characteristics and are equipped with various innovative options that allow you to achieve ideal conditions for storing wine.
The manufacturer’s warranty is one year for the thermoelectric cabinet and 36 months for the compressor device.
The main activity of the Spanish company is the production and supply of products for the proper storage of wine.
Wine cabinets, dispensers and the innovative “Open wine” system are readily used by bars, restaurants, wine boutiques, as well as in consumer homes and apartments. The exclusive supplier of this brand in Russia is Cellar Privat.
A wide range of wine cabinets includes models with a capacity of 4 to 160 bottles.
The equipment is equipped with:
- temperature control system;
- double glass that protects against UV rays and daylight;
- digital display;
- thermal insulation panels that create a microclimate;
- anti-vibration systems.
Unsurpassed product quality, elegant and stylish design make the devices versatile. Warranty for thermoelectric cabinets – 2 years, for compressor cabinets – 36 months.
The French company is considered the No. 1 specialist in its industry – the production of wine cabinets. The manufactured products meet the professional needs of wine storage and meet the expectations of home-grown connoisseurs of the drink.
A wide range, high quality equipment, competitive prices are the main characteristics of Climadiff equipment.
Devices on the market:
- for long-term storage and aging of wine, which guarantee ideal conditions similar to the microclimate of wine cellars;
- to prepare for serving, ensuring that the drink is brought to the optimum temperature;
- built-in, easily placed in any space;
- wine coolers and cabinet accessories.
Diverse design, additional options, highly intelligent control – such characteristics work for the image of equipment with high performance and reliability.
Manufacturer’s warranty: 36 months for a compressor cooling system, 24 months for a system with a Peltier element.
The Chinese brand has officially entered the Russian market since 2013. Quality goods at an affordable price is the main concept of the manufacturer.
The assortment of the product catalog includes wine cabinets, minibars, car and two-chamber refrigerators and autonomous air conditioners, which are distinguished by reliability, functionality and ease of use. The compactness, variety of design solutions and the budget price of wine cabinets allow them to be purchased for home use.
For equipment with a Peltier system, the warranty period is 12 months, compressor cooling – 24 months.
The Hungarian brand is represented in 23 countries around the world. The company specializes in the production of quiet and reliable wine cabinets of the series:
- for the home, in which maximum attention is paid to design;
- built-in, space supplemented by modern technologies;
- for restaurants – professional equipment designed for a large volume, equipped with locks and carbon filters. Doors can be personalized with logos.
- modern – silent, energy-efficient, non-compressor models used in company offices;
- exclusive – for the most demanding consumers who value design and functionality.
The brand has been on the Russian market since 2013, where it managed to take the leading position in the segment of home and built-in equipment.
The manufacturer’s warranty for compressor models is 3 years, for thermoelectric models – 2 years.
The Chinese manufacturer creates compact models of thermoelectric wine cabinets designed to prepare wine for serving. They are noiseless and decent quality at a low price.
Many models of equipment are limited in the minimum temperature, which negatively affects the ability to cool certain brands of wine. Some of the manufacturer’s flaws in the external design do not affect the functionality.
Warranty – 1 year.
The French company is rightfully considered the world leader in wine cabinet manufacturers. Over the past decade, she has patented three revolutionary inventions:
- Neofresh technology, which makes wine cooling more efficient and economical;
- a unique shelf for storing bottles, able to take their shape without losing strength;
- original wine bar
In 2011, a design series of wine cabinets was developed in three basic sizes, 4 temperature modes, 25 color options.
In addition, Eurocave series are produced:
- La Petite – compact, for use in residential areas, with the function of storing open bottles;
- Compact – built-in appliances;
- Origine – for aging and storing wine.
Exclusive equipment is made to order. Manufacturer’s warranty – from 2 to 5 years, depending on the model.
The Italian company specializes in the production of equipment for the storage and serving of wines, ham and cheese. It has developed a wide range of products to meet the needs of private customers and catering establishments.
The units are distinguished by streamlined lines, high quality and the use of modern technologies. Official warranty – 2 years.
The French brand La Sommeliere is home appliances for wine connoisseurs. These are wine cabinets, dispensers, components and accessories, software for wine equipment.
Distinctive features of La Sommeliere technique:
- a variety of volumes (there is even a refrigerator for one bottle);
- proprietary fast cooling function;
- high-quality materials that protect against ultraviolet radiation;
- long service life;
- compliance with eco-standards.
Warranty – 24 months.
The German family business operates in many industries, one of which is the production of household appliances, simple and double-leaf refrigerators and, in particular, wine equipment. The company has achieved the highest quality in everything it does.
Wine cabinets embody reliability and durability, designed for home and professional use. The manufacturer relies on elegance and modern trends.
For Russia, the warranty period is from 2 to 3 years. For consumers in Germany, Austria and Bulgaria there is an additional guarantee of up to 10 years.
The legend of the Russian cold – the Sergo Plant is a leading enterprise in the engineering industry. The manufacturer has established a line of Wine products for the storage of various varieties of wine.
The production is carried out on the basis of “green technologies” using high-precision electronic control systems and modern materials. All cabinets are made in the same style and equipped with a lock, silent compressor, UV protection.
Warranty – 12-24 months depending on the model.
A brand that embodies the motto: to make innovation and quality accessible to all. Japanese household appliances are supplied to more than 40 countries. All products are certified for compliance with quality standards. It embodies modern style and high technology.
The catalog contains a thermoelectric wine cabinet, which has no competitors.
- small dimensions;
- high reliability;
- work efficiency in any conditions;
- the presence of a dual cooling system.
Warranty – up to 2 years, depending on the model.
Advertising from sponsors: //