Review and ratings of 19 types of the best electric grills
An electric grill is a household electrical appliance that involves a method of heat treatment of a dish without the use of oil (or with a minimum amount).
Designed for cooking meat and fish products, vegetables, as well as fritters and pancakes, pizza and fast food. Works from a network with a voltage of 220 and 380 Volts, depending on the model.
According to the mechanism of cooking, the devices are divided into contact and non-contact. In the first case, food comes into contact with the heating elements, in the second case, the heat treatment process occurs due to the heat coming from the heating elements.
Devices are of closed and open type, as well as combined – they combine both types.
Caring for an electric grill involves cleaning work surfaces from traces of food by wiping with a damp or dry cloth. Models with removable panels can be washed under running water.
How to choose an electric grill
To choose a model of electric grill for use at home, you should be guided by some important points:
- Place of use (apartment, balcony, country house / cottage, garden).
- Purpose of purchase (permanent cooking or for picnics).
- The presence of additional functionality (automatic shutdown, cooking programs, temperature sensors, delayed start, heating of dishes).
For convenient and durable operation of the device, it is necessary to pay attention to the following nuances:
- non-stick coating (will prevent food from sticking to surfaces and facilitate the care of the product);
- size and method of storage (is the vertical position of the grill provided);
- heat-insulating handles;
- closed model or the presence of a lid (necessary to prevent the appearance of intense odors and smoke);
- removable drip tray.
Some manufacturers build in devices functions that are not necessary for the device, and the buyer simply overpays for them. When purchasing this or that model of electric grill, you need to be able to distinguish these parameters from really useful ones.
On what possibilities of an electric grill you can save:
- delayed start;
- product weight, pressure, temperature sensors;
- self-cleaning function;
- wire removal function.
The best electric hamburger grills
An electric hamburger grill is used in catering networks, in some cases the device is used in everyday life as an additional way to cook a dish.
The classic hamburger is a grilled beef cutlet served in a bun with vegetables and sauce.
Since its thickness is at least 2 cm, a closed-type contact electric grill is required for the full heat treatment of the semi-finished product.
The surface of the device can be ribbed or smooth on both sides, or a combination of both modifications.
- Kocateq FC-1L is a pressure-type electric grill with smooth glass-ceramic surfaces. Allows you to cook hamburgers in a short time in large quantities.
- Clamatic CLAMPUS Mirror 10 is a professional floor-standing unit for frying meat, cutlets, burgers and steaks in cafes and restaurants.
The digital control panel is designed for 9 cooking programs in automatic mode, equipped with a special sound signal at the end of the cooking process.
- Ariete 1911 is a compact and mobile grill sandwich maker. Convenient and easy to use and store.
- thermal effect on food from all sides;
- the effect of “fried crust”;
- fast cooking time;
- no need to flip the burger.
- the likelihood of burning food in the absence of constant control;
- the need to clean and wash all surfaces of the device, even when burning one cutlet.
The best electric grills for shawarma
Shawarma is one of the most popular types of fast food. The meat for the dish is first grilled, then minced and mixed with spices, sauce and other stuffing ingredients. Then the mass is wrapped in pita bread or pita.
The shawarma electric grill is a vertical rotating skewer, surrounded on several sides by heating elements, on which thin layers of meat are strung.
The material of manufacture is stainless steel, which allows you to completely fry the dish.
- Sikom MK-2.2 E – grill with a capacity of 30 kg and a rotating central axis.
The device allows you to evenly fry different types of meat strung on a spit, and is used in catering networks.
- Kayalar KLG-171/4 is a device with 5 rows of heating elements protected by a glass-ceramic sheet. The central spit is adjustable. Removable tray for collecting fat and juice.
- ATESY SHAURMA EL-2 is a compact electric grill with separately connected heating elements. The mechanism for controlling the distance between the main axis and the heating wall contributes to the optimal choice of the degree of roasting of the dish.
- uniform heat treatment:
- special tray for draining excess fat;
- simplicity and ease of care of the device;
- manual adjustment of the degree of meat roasting;
- maintaining the dish at the same temperature without burning for a long time.
- high price for electric models;
- there is a risk of getting burned if safety precautions are not followed;
- control of periodic draining of fat from the pallet;
- power dependency.
The best electric grills for a restaurant
Restaurant electric grills are professional stationary models of grills. They are characterized by a wide working surface and multifunctional application.
The type of apparatus can be closed, open and combined (combining a closed and open plane for frying), as well as have high power and large dimensions.
The use of special containers for draining fat and oil prevents them from getting on the heating elements and prevents the formation of soot and dirt.
- Roller Grill RBE 25 is a professional device with a load of up to 25 chickens and a total weight of up to 93 kg. French quality guarantees durability and trouble-free operation both within a small cafe and when used in the restaurant business.
- Grill Master F8SH2E – a model with 15 skewers and hinged doors. The device simultaneously accommodates 75-85 whole carcasses and is able to keep them hot for several hours.
- ERGO EG-618-2 – the device has a frying surface, divided into two areas: smooth and corrugated. The front panel is equipped with temperature controls and a removable tray for collecting juice and fat.
- high performance and versatility;
- the simultaneous process of cooking several different dishes or a large number of servings;
- quality and durability of electric grills;
- smoke protection.
- high power consumption;
- voltage 380 V is required;
- large dimensions and heavy weight;
- high prices.
The best electric grills for chicken
Models of electric grills for chicken are of the non-contact type, when the product does not come into contact with the heating elements. According to the dimensions and installation mechanism, the devices are divided into stationary, desktop and portable.
The first type is used in restaurants, cafes, bars and specialized grill tents and stalls, as it has an increased volume of loaded meat (from 4 chickens). The remaining two options for electric grills can be used in everyday life.
Some vertically shaped appliances are also called shish kebabs, since it is convenient to cook not only the whole chicken carcass, but also the meat in separate pieces strung on special skewers or skewers that come with the kit.
Horizontal electric grills are also suitable for barbecue, but this form is less common among models.
Most of the stationary catering devices are presented exactly in a horizontal version with chicken carcasses roasted on several levels.
This allows you to observe the degree of readiness of the dish through the door made of transparent refractory material.
- BOULLE BL-EG25 – in addition to the main axial skewer for poultry carcasses, the device in the kit has 6 skewers, on which you can cook chicken and other meat in pieces, as well as fry vegetables. One-time loading of meat up to 2.5 kg.
- SaturnST-FP8561 – electric grill for home use operates in three modes: grill for chicken, barbecue for 7 skewers and 2 barbecue baskets. The model is designed for 3 kg of meat.
- RollerGrillRBE 12 is an electric grill for small restaurants or cafes. Simultaneous loading of up to 12 chicken carcasses, as well as the ability to cook in portions using special frying baskets.
- it turns out juicy meat without carcinogenic fats with a fried crispy crust;
- lack of smoke and soot;
- independent control of the process and degree of roasting;
- Possibility of additional use of heat, for example, for parallel cooking of fish or vegetables.
- the high cost of the device;
- constant consumption of electricity;
- work at maximum power, regardless of the completeness of the load of the device (for stationary electric grills).
The best electric grills for a balcony
Electric grill for use on the balcony is a compact portable grill model.
Since the cooking process takes place not indoors, but outdoors, the type of apparatus can be open.
However, for people living in an apartment building with narrow small balconies, it is better to use models in the form of a press so that the bright and rich aroma of the dish does not become a reason for disagreement with neighbors.
- Weber Q240 – a model with a surface in the form of a lattice of an increased perimeter with a semicircular cover. It is intended for simultaneous preparation of several portions.
The height of the lid allows you to fry a whole chicken carcass or create a thermal cushion for vegetables and fish.
- DeLonghi BQ 88 is a mobile and compact model that can be easily laid out on the balcony during lunch and quickly removed at the end of the cooking process.
- Philips HD 4419/20 – the device is suitable for installation on a small table or stool on the balcony. Combines the functions of a grill and a barbecue and has two frying surfaces (smooth and embossed).
- ease of use;
- relatively small weight of the device;
- the possibility of using without going out into nature.
- requires a special location of outlets in the apartment, close to the balcony, or the presence of an extension cord;
- the spreading smell of grilled dishes;
- in the event of a fire hazard situation, all nearby apartments are at risk.
The best electric grills for steaks
A steak is a fried piece of whole meat or fish. For its preparation, in most cases, an open electric grill with a grate or a closed-type appliance with a corrugated plane is used.
The main requirement for devices of this purpose is the contact of meat with the surface for frying.
- Tefal GC306012 is a family model for cooking meat, fish and vegetables, operating in three modes. When folded, it is a suitcase that is convenient to store in an upright position.
- Tefal MP3 BBQ Grill is an original device with built-in radio and MP3 player.
The press system provides high-quality double-sided frying with a crispy crust, and musical accompaniment makes the cooking process quick and enjoyable.
- CLATRONIC MG 3519 is a compact appliance with deep deep grooves on the frying panel. Gives steaks a crisper, brighter striped pattern.
- speed of preparation;
- high-quality and uniform roasting;
- attractive appearance of the dish;
- no smoke and fumes (for closed models);
- non-stick coating allows you to cook without the use of oil.
- limited capacity;
- the likelihood of smoke and soot when fat from meat gets on the heating element (for open models);
- in press grills, there are some difficulties with the preparation of voluminous steaks.
The best electric grills for the street
The main difference between outdoor electric grills and other types is the additional equipment with a stand with legs (floor grill) or an open type of apparatus.
The device allows you to install the device on any surface, which is comfortable in a country house or cottage.
Some models are equipped with a shelf under the grill or the likeness of a table. On them you can lay out spatulas and other tools for turning food, sauce for pouring and dishes for the finished dish.
- Tristar RA-2993 is a large-sized device equipped with a large-scale relief surface and a built-in electric barbecue grill. The model involves the simultaneous preparation of the main course and side dish.
- Trisa Electronics BBQ Classic 7564.4212 is a budget option for a picnic in nature. Compact grill with a two-level frying surface in the form of a lattice and an additional shelf with dividers for spices, oil and utensils.
- Fagor BBC-846 is a model for outdoor gazebos and outdoor terraces. A flat frying surface allows you to evenly heat ready meals and bake quick breakfasts and hot snacks.
- simplicity and ease of use;
- does not require additional stocking of firewood and coal;
- for models with adjustable leg height – the ability to drain excess fat from the grill;
- easy and hassle-free maintenance.
- dependence on power supply (sometimes there are power outages in summer cottages);
- Mandatory presence of extension cords;
- if fat or juice gets on the heating element, a burning smell is likely to occur.
The best outdoor electric grills
The floor electric grill is used both outdoors and at home. The legs of the device can be located along the perimeter of the product or adjacent to the main axis (like office chairs).
The height of the device is adjustable or remains constant, and the angle of the grill can be changed if necessary.
- Severin PG 2792 is a popular medium-sized model with wind protection, equipped with a shelf for dishes and sauces. Removable legs make the device compact and easy to transport.
- Clatronic BQS 3508 is a universal, fully disassembled electric grill. The grid-shaped worktop is ideal for barbecuing and is additionally equipped with heat-insulated handles.
- TRISA 7560.4245 BBQ EXPERT is a multifunctional spherical device for outdoor picnics. The model is equipped with two wheels for easy transportation and two folding stands-tables.
Two work surfaces and a lid help preserve the juiciness and flavor of the dishes being prepared.
- inexpensive alternative to barbecue;
- high performance and durability of the device;
- Special coating eliminates the possibility of burning food.
- electricity consumption;
- when moving, you have to disassemble the grill;
- takes up a lot of storage space.
The best tabletop electric grills
Tabletop electric grill is the best solution for a small kitchen, it is available in two versions: contact and non-contact.
The first type has one or two working surfaces and involves the preparation of whole pieces of food.
A non-contact electric grill is smaller in size than a contact grill; food in it is fried in small portions like a barbecue.
- SENCOR SBG 106 BK is a simple and powerful model with two working surfaces (flat and embossed). The heating switch provides the right temperature, a special tray collects the flowing juice and fat.
- Severin KG 2385 is an electric grill with a smooth glass-ceramic coating that allows you to quickly and evenly fried food. Convenient for making pancakes, pancakes, heating pizza, pies and portioned dishes.
- TRISA 7562.4212 is a universal device with an original design. Combines a raclette maker, crepe maker and electric grill. It has two separate working surfaces that heat up independently of each other.
- comfort of use;
- ease of transfer;
- a light weight;
- fits into the interior of the kitchen of most styles;
- easy maintenance of the device.
- capacity is limited to one family;
- difficulties in repair;
- great heat dissipation.
The best pressure grills
The pressure electric grill (press grill) is a device similar to a waffle iron, when the working surfaces press the product from above and below.
The device is suitable for making toast, steaks, pancakes and omelettes, giving the dish an attractive appearance due to the fried strips from the corrugated plane.
A similar grill can be seen in eateries and cafes where shawarma or pita is served. It serves for the final processing and heating of the dish.
- Ariete 1923 is a powerful device for making complete breakfasts. Double-sided ribbing provides a distinctive toasted stripe pattern.
- Cater Pro Beem is a German quality electric grill. Easy to move, the lid is equipped with a fixing loop.
The model is designed for a family of 4-5 people, thanks to the large area of the working surface it allows you to cook several dishes at the same time.
- Roller Grill Majestic R is a professional device for cafes, restaurants and bars. It has two heating zones isolated from each other.
- fast and even roasting;
- the possibility of baking waffles and thin flat cookies;
- compact size and easy storage;
- ease of washing and care due to removable panels;
- economical mode of energy consumption.
- low power compared to other types of grills;
- restriction on the capacity of products;
- constant monitoring of the degree of roasting of the dish is necessary.
The best electric grills with a granite surface
As a variant of the material from which the working surface of the contact electric grill is made, a natural stone is used – granite.
The high density and low porosity provides the stone with minimal absorption of moisture and fat, so the dishes are completely fried and quite juicy.
- Severin RG 2343 is a grill option suitable for permanent use by a large group of friends or as a device for corporate picnics. Requires significant energy costs, but has high power and large dimensions.
- Rolsen RG-1037 is a universal electric grill model that combines a flat granite surface and a built-in barbecue grill for five skewers.
- Steba RC 3 Plus is a multifunctional raclette grill with 8 portioned pans, which has a removable metal with corrugation in addition to the granite worktop.
- wear resistance and durability of the device;
- simple and comfortable cleaning of the working plane;
- the stone retains heat for a long time, allowing the dish to sweat;
- a solid surface makes it possible to simultaneously cook both large and small products;
- does not require a special, non-scratching bottom spatula for turning food.
- in case of improper use, chipping is possible;
- not subject to restoration in case of cracking;
- cools down slowly.
The best electric grills with sawdust
Some models of electric grills are equipped with a special sawdust tank. The device allows you to get a light smoky flavor from the dishes being prepared.
The type of devices equipped with sawdust is contact and, as a rule, closed.
The mechanism of action in this case is due to the maximum proximity to food cooked on coals or wood.
- Philips HD 6360/20 is a multifunctional device with two working surfaces (flat and embossed) and two tanks for additional elements (sawdust and spices / wine / herbs / lemon).
- GFgril GF-090 AROMA – the model is equipped with a special chute for spices, spices, sauces and wine, which gives the dish an additional exquisite flavor.
You can also use it for sawdust, which will make the taste of cooking meat or fish smoky.
- Anuka is a universal model that combines an electric grill and a smokehouse. The device differs in economical consumption of the electric power and speed of cooking.
- specific aroma and taste inherent in food cooked on a fire;
- the ability to replace sawdust with shavings of another tree, tea or spices;
- optional use, that is, the dish can be cooked without this function;
- The sawdust container is easy and simple to clean.
- the appearance of smoke from melting sawdust;
- with the intensity of application of the occurrence of bitterness in products;
- increased price for models with sawdust loading function.
The best electric grills with removable panels
An electric grill with removable panels is a device in which the work surfaces are separated from the device and changed to an additional set. The frying surfaces can be washed independently or using a dishwasher.
Electrical appliances include flat panels and serrated surfaces that are easy to replace.
- Philips HD 6360/20 is the most versatile model in the line. Fully provides a full lunch or dinner for a family of 4-5 people thanks to the high cooking power.
- To purchase a quality electric grill at an affordable price, it is recommended to pay attention to Tefal GC306012. The device works in three modes, which allows you to cook several varieties of food.
- VITEK VT-2630 ST is designed for use in small kitchens due to its compact size. The desktop type device is easy to operate and maintain, has a high-quality non-stick coating.
- simplicity and comfort in the operation and care of the grill;
- cooking options on a flat or ribbed plane;
- when repairing, it is enough to replace the damaged panel with a new one;
- uniform distribution of heat due to tightly compressed sides of the device.
- with frequent changes, the likelihood of damage to the grooves for entering the panels increases;
- some models of devices do not support the cleaning function in the dishwasher;
- some models do not have spare removable surfaces commercially available.
The best electric grills with ceramic coating
The use of a ceramic or glass-ceramic coating in electric grills is due to the ease of maintenance of the device and a presentable appearance.
It is enough to wipe the device after each use with a damp cloth, unplug it and let it cool. However, during the operation of the grill, the frying surface becomes capricious and does not tolerate drops of moisture.
Cookware for electrical appliances coated with glass-ceramic should be special, with a perfectly flat bottom.
- DeLonghi BG 500C is an original design and multifunctional model.
The combination of corrugated and flat surfaces contributes to the variety of cooked dishes, and a removable thermostat facilitates diagnostics and repairs in case of a breakdown of the device.
- GFGRIL GF-070 Ceramic BIO is a compact and powerful electric grill. Differs in fast cooking and reasonable price.
- Clatronic KG 3571 is a convenient device for frying meat, fish and vegetables. Two modes of operation (in a closed pressure and open at 180 degrees) allow you to get evenly baked or fried to a crispy crust.
- easy care;
- uniform heating and frying of food;
- convenience of turning food;
- thermal and wear resistance;
- attractive design.
- features of the behavior of the coating in contact with water;
- requires appropriate utensils.
The best electric grills with a lid
Electric grills equipped with a lid require one work surface. Lids are available in two versions: transparent glass and opaque metal or plastic.
They are used for accelerated and uniform cooking or a stewing effect, and also protect the surface surrounding the appliance from accidental splashes and drops of juice and fat.
- Weber Q140 is a round model with an opaque convex lid. Due to the spherical design, it has a reserve of space for cooking and smoking meat and fish.
- Steba VG 120 is an electric grill for a large family. The device is equipped with a transparent cover, a replaceable working panel and a removable drip tray for grease and oil. Combines smooth and embossed surfaces.
- Zelmer 40Z011 is a budget grill option. The device has a high-quality non-stick coating and an adjustable thermostat with an indicator.
- possibility of use as a clamping press;
- the effect of heat circulation in a limited space;
- splash protection;
- transparent lid allows you to observe the cooking process;
- easy to wash.
- when overexposure under the lid, the dishes are boiled;
- small area for frying;
- lack of attachment of the lid to the grill, which may cause loss.
The best electric grills with nozzles
A number of models of electric grills in the kit contain interchangeable nozzles for making waffles, toasts, sandwiches. Nozzles have a Teflon non-stick coating, various shapes and patterns. They are attached to the working surface of the grill and easily replace each other.
At the same time, the usual function of the device (frying meat, fish or vegetables) is performed on a standard panel.
Such devices are also called multigrills, sandwich makers, sandwich makers, waffle makers for additional options.
- George Foreman G5-EVR is a high-power device suitable for use in a large family or a group of friends. Dual-sided cooking, adjustable temperature and grill angle make it quick and easy to get delicious meals.
- BEEM D2000755 is the most versatile model with 5 interchangeable panels. Possesses forms for frying donuts and burgers. The non-stick coating of the device is represented by heat-resistant bioceramics.
- Severin SA 2962 is one of the most affordable models. Small dimensions are compensated by a variety of nozzles and the possibility of vertical storage of the device.
- advanced cooking options;
- ease of use and maintenance of nozzles;
- ergonomic models.
- small size;
- limited capacity;
- energy intensity;
- the high cost of some types of electric grills.
The best electric grills with marble stove
An alternative to granite for electric grills with a natural stone surface is an appliance with a marble grill plate. This type of device allows you to evenly heat the dish and maintain the desired temperature for a long time.
A feature of the device is the fact that food should be placed on an already hot surface.
In this case, during the cooking process, the dish will not stick and will freely separate from the frying surface, which will further facilitate washing and maintenance of the electric grill.
- Russell Hobbs 1956056 Raclette is an electric grill for a company with different food tastes. Belongs to the type of rakletnitsa with two working surfaces (cast aluminum and marble) and 12 small frying pans.
- Steba RC 3 Plus is a compact and multifunctional model. Featuring interleaved marble and aluminum frying pans and 8 extra pans.
- Electric Stone BBQ Grill (XJ-3K042BO) is an affordable electric grill from a Chinese manufacturer. The round shape saves space and is easy to clean.
The combination of a smooth stone surface and embossed steel allows you to cook different types of dishes at the same time.
- strength and durability;
- attractive appearance;
- fast and uniform heating of the material;
- ease of maintenance.
- requires a careful attitude;
- sensitive to certain chemicals;
- expensive compared to other models.
The best electric grills with a cast-iron surface
Electric grills with a cast-iron surface are more often used on open verandas, terraces, in the garden and in the country.
Such use is due to the likelihood of food sticking to the frying surface and the occurrence of an unpleasant odor due to burning. Common devices with panels in the form of a lattice, less often – solid plates of cast iron alloy.
The devices are resistant to external mechanical stimuli and do not require special utensils or spatulas; the impact of scratching and piercing objects does not affect the quality of the prepared dishes.
- Stalgast Panini 742031 is a solid and powerful model. The double-sided corrugated surface allows you to get well-done steaks, sausages, steaks with characteristic appetizing stripes around the perimeter.
- Weber Q 1400 is ideal for trips out of town. Additional coating of cast-iron grates with porcelain enamel creates an even distribution of heat on the dish. The appliance is equipped with a high lid that allows you to cook whole vegetables, meat and fish.
- STARFOOD SAVOYE with a smooth surface is suitable for professional chefs and cooks.
- strength and strength;
- unpretentiousness in operation;
- long heat retention.
- long warm-up;
- unsafe use in enclosed spaces;
- risk of surface damage due to high voltage.
Advanced functionality (various light indicators, temperature sensors, protection against slipping and overheating) encourages experimentation in the process of preparing familiar dishes.
The best electric grills with a grate
An electric grill with a grate belongs to the non-contact type of grills, since the food does not interact with the heating element, and is as close as possible to standard charcoal grills.
The use of devices is possible only in the open air or under conditions of a powerful hood.
The grate material is most often represented by cast iron, less often by steel. The non-stick coating allows you to cook several servings in turn. The size of the pieces for frying may vary depending on the pattern on the grill and the distance between the bars.
- Akel AB-661 is a compact family model that will provide dinner for up to 4-5 people. Bilateral heating will allow you to cook the dish in a short time, leaving juiciness and aroma inside the pieces.
- KUMTEL KB-6060 – designed for permanent use, has a large frying surface.
The wide bars of the grill are suitable for cooking meat or fish steaks, sausages, vegetables in general. The heating indicator protects the device from overvoltage.
- dishes acquire a characteristic smoky taste;
- the presence of a fried crust;
- reasonable prices for models of this type.
- dripping fat, when it hits the heating element, forms soot and smoke;
- it is difficult to wash stuck pieces of food in the corners of the grill;
- when frying, small pieces of food can fall through the rods.
- Clatronic 2849 BQ is a budget electric grill with removable surfaces for frying and heating. Equipped with a metal drip tray for oil and grease and a work control sensor.
Advertising from sponsors: //