Refrigerator on gas
Such a refrigerator is considered environmentally friendly. It is equipped with one or two cameras. Runs on gas and electricity. This purchase will be useful when living in a trailer, or in a place where there are problems with electricity.
How gas refrigerators work
Condensation forms in the device during operation. The manufacturers took care of this, and took a special drain into the hole that goes into the back cover. This allows you not to defrost the unit for 2-3 weeks. In addition to the main chamber there is a freezer.
A heating element is installed inside the unit. It can provide power supply. At the bottom is a fitting for connecting to a gas cylinder. Heat exchange occurs due to the lattice, which is visible from behind.
The unit is powered by a propane tank connected to it. On average, one bottle is enough for a month of use. Outwardly, such models are similar to ordinary refrigerators. In addition, they maintain the same temperature, equal to +2 to +4 degrees in the refrigerator compartment and from -15 to -5 degrees in the freezer.
The essence of cooling is the heating of a mixture of ammonia and water, which occurs due to the combustion of gas.
The absorption type model is considered to be widespread. Ammonia is used as the refrigerant and water is the absorbing material. It works in such a way that the gas heats the water-ammonia mixture to a boil.
The boiling point of ammonia is lower than the boiling point of water. This leads to the process of evaporation of concentrated ammonia vapors, they pass through the heat exchanger, condenser and evaporator. After leaving the evaporator, the vapors meet with the absorbent and are cooled. The circulation of the solution occurs in a continuous mode.
- The temperature regime does not differ from electric models;
- Operates both from a gas cylinder and from the mains;
- The design does not include shut-off valves and moving parts.
Gas refrigerators are safe, reliable and durable. The small dimensions of the car refrigerator make it easy to transport and save space in the car.
Pros and cons of a gas refrigerator
- Able to function smoothly from different power sources. Includes standard sockets, liquefied gas and the ability to work from car cigarette lighters.
- High performance and energy efficiency.
- Wide range on the market.
- Silent operation. The design of the gas refrigerating chamber does not provide for the presence of a compressor and other moving elements. As a result, there are no vibrations during operation.
- After switching off, the unit maintains the temperature for a long time.
- Durability. Due to the absence of vibrations, the wear of all equipment and individual parts is reduced.
- economy achieved by working from gas cylinders. Gas is an environmentally friendly product with a low cost.
Gas units are created in different sizes and dimensions. This allows you to select them for various conditions. There are great samples. There are also small ones that can easily fit in a car. Compared to standard models, they contain fewer products.
How to choose a gas refrigerator
When choosing a gas refrigerator, follow the same rules as when choosing a conventional one.
Gas units are produced in the form of small models, up to 35 liters, and in the form of floor samples, from 100 liters. Large ones include a refrigerator and a freezer, small ones only a refrigerator.
The price varies depending on the volume. Compared to models that operate only from the mains, gas devices are an order of magnitude more expensive. Car refrigerators are inexpensive due to their small size.
Consider the climate class – this is a parameter characterizing the climatic conditions during operation.
There are classes:
- N – from +16 to +32 degrees;
- SN – from +10 to 32 degrees;
- ST – from + 18 to +38 degrees;
- T – from +18 to +43 degrees.
Additional features and equipment:
- Automatic defrosting;
- Temperature indicator on the panel;
- Sound and light signals;
- Antibacterial coating;
- Wheels for transportation;
- No Frost function – air circulation prevents the formation of ice;
- Supercooling mode to quickly lower the temperature (Super Cool);
- Economic modes of operation.
There are mechanical and electronic types of refrigerator control. With their help, the temperature regime inside the chambers is regulated. The electronic type is equipped with a display that displays information about the operation of the unit.
How to use
The devices are equipped with a refrigerator and freezer, internal lighting, comfortable temperature conditions.
The absorption refrigerator runs on propane. Switching on is carried out by means of a hose through a reducer to the fitting. You can install the product anywhere. It is better to stop on a vertical flat surface. It should be borne in mind that the back wall generates heat and heats nearby objects.
Gas models generate more heat than conventional models. Therefore, it is better not to place the refrigerating chamber near the wall.
The installation corresponds to the gas stove installation scheme. The hose with the reducer is connected to the fitting. To switch from cylinder power to electricity, the refrigerator is connected with a cord to a standard outlet. Don’t forget to disconnect the gas bottle first.
Models with electric power function are equipped with a gas cut-off system. It works automatically and is triggered when problems with the burner flame are detected.
There are LED lights inside the refrigerator. They run on batteries that can withstand a load of 1 year. If the battery runs out, you can switch to powering the lamps through the network. At the same time, the unit itself works from a cylinder.
There are models that have a temperature control function. It is carried out when working on gas and electricity.
Do not use powders or acids for cleaning. This will scratch the inner surface and rust will then form in these places.
Careless loading of food damages the surface, and parts of the chipped enamel can get into the food. When defrosting, do not use sharp objects to clean the evaporator from ice and snow. The gas appliance must not be covered during operation. Make sure the door closes tightly.
- Install the refrigerator in a well ventilated area;
- Do not install in damp and dusty places;
- It is forbidden to install near open sources of fire;
- Keep away from direct sunlight and water (rain);
- Do not place the refrigerator in the area of heat sources, it is better to place it in a cool place;
- Carefully move the gas cylinder;
- Use only specialized gas cylinders;
- Before starting work, check the serviceability of all hoses and other connecting elements, they must be tight and not leak gas;
- When connecting a gas stove to the mains, make sure that one is connected to one power supply. Do not overload the system to avoid wiring problems;
- Do not use a connection cord that is cracked or damaged;
- Do not store a lot of things on the top lid of the refrigerator;
- Do not store volatile and flammable substances or liquids inside the refrigerator;
- Periodically ventilate the room and monitor the air ventilation;
- Do not put water on top if the refrigerator is connected to the mains.
In order for the refrigerating chamber to work for a long time and smoothly, immediately after purchase, you need to wash the inner doors and shelves with warm soapy water, wipe dry and ventilate. At the beginning of operation, it is recommended to ventilate the unit at intervals of 2 weeks.
Most often, during operation, they face the problem of raising the temperature in the combustion chamber. This happens when connected to a cylinder. Failure in the operation of the main mechanisms is eliminated by replacement.
Possible failure of the shelves and doors. Problems with sound and light alarms are eliminated by replacing the defective part.
Popular malfunctions relate to the ignition of the burner – after a downtime, the device simply does not turn on. Continuous operation causes the temperature in the freezer and refrigerator to rise.
There may be a refrigerant leak from the evaporator. To neutralize the problem, a complete diagnosis is carried out.
The failure of the thermostat occurs due to non-stop operation. Ice and snow build up in the freezer if the door is not closed tightly. In this case, the seals on the door are replaced.
Gas equipment is life-threatening, so it is better to entrust the repair to professionals.
Advertising from sponsors: //