An oil radiator is a budgetary and mobile way of heating in the off-season or just bad weather. Manufacturers offer models for both permanent and occasional use.
Principle of operation
The oil heater consists of a metal housing that visually resembles a stationary battery, special mineral oil and a heating element.
After turning on the device in the network, the heating element starts to work, which heats the oil to the desired temperature. Next, the oil gives off its heat to the metal shell, which gradually heats the surrounding air.
All modern models have several operating modes, thanks to which you can choose the intensity of heating the air in the room.
To avoid overheating and breakdown, modern models are equipped with a special sensor that turns off the device if such a threat arises.
The built-in timer helps to regulate the temperature: when the air is heated, the device turns off, when it gets cold, it turns on.
Types and characteristics of oil heaters
All radiators work according to the same algorithm, but differ from each other in a set of additional functions, type of attachment and price. Depending on the goals that are set for the device, and the location of its location, oil coolers are divided into:
- Wall-mounted – economical in terms of electricity consumption.
- Outdoor – popular because of their mobility.
- Desktop – low level of heat transfer.
- For cribs.
Some models are equipped with a fan that accelerates the flow of warm heated air around the room. The disadvantage of such a device is the noise during operation. The developers of some companies have provided a humidifier in their models.
This device is especially relevant in the cold season, when the air outside becomes much drier, and the heater itself gradually dries it further. Some units have a delayed start function.
Advantages of oil heaters
- High level of device security. In an oil cooler, all heating elements are hidden inside, and the outer shell is heated to a temperature of no more than 60 degrees.
This eliminates the possibility of a fire when falling or burning the skin surface with tactile contact. The last factor is important in families with small children.
- Long service life. The device is designed in such a way that the components do not burn out due to long continuous operation. The device can work without turning off up to three days.
- The compact dimensions of the device and its mobility allow you to move it to different parts of the house or apartment. And noiselessness in work will not cause any discomfort.
- The price of oil coolers is affordable. The cost depends on the number of sections that are in the device.
- No odors are emitted during operation of the device. Radiators do not dry the air in the room, which means that you do not have to spend extra money on buying a humidifier.
- To install such a heater, you do not need special knowledge and tools. You just plug the device into a power outlet and enjoy the warmth.
Cons of oil heaters
An oil cooler has several downsides that you need to be aware of before buying. They are quite controversial and are easily eliminated:
- Large radiator weight. It will not bring any difficulties when moving, since each model is equipped with wheels, and it is not necessary to lift the unit at all.
- Long heating time. First, the heater inside the device heats the oil, and only after that it heats the outer shell of the radiator.
But this drawback can be easily eliminated if you initially purchase a radiator with a built-in fan that will disperse warm air around the room, thus heating it faster.
How to choose an oil heater
Keep in mind the simple rules:
- Heater power. It takes about 1 kW of power to heat 10 square meters of area. The manufacturer does not produce radiators with a power of more than 3 kW. To heat larger rooms, you will need several copies.
- The size. The number of sections ranges from 5 to 14. The more compartments in the radiator, the faster it will heat the room and consume more electricity.
The best option is a heater for 6-8 sections. This is considered to be enough wave to heat a medium-sized room.
- Model design. When buying, pay attention to the presence of a light indicator, a temperature controller and several operating modes. There should also be protection against overheating of the device, which will save you from unforeseen situations.
With several modes, you can independently regulate the temperature that the device produces, and thus save the electricity it consumes.
- Timerwith which you program the radiator to turn on or off for a specific time.
- Built-in humidifier. In the cold season, the air becomes dry, which negatively affects the skin. The built-in humidifier functions during the operation of the heater itself, bringing the humidity in the room back to normal.
- Built-in fan. It will speed up the process of heating the room, but models with this function are much more expensive.
Also pay attention to the following aspects:
- Give preference to radiators in which the sections are narrow. They heat up faster and give off heat to the room. When reducing the size of sections, increase their number.
- Large sections take a long time to heat up and cool down, which gives additional heat, but requires additional electricity.
- If the device is light, but at the same time large in size, it means that the manufacturer has saved on materials.
- Dark-colored radiators give off heat better.
Which is better
Before buying a radiator, you should calculate what area it will need to heat. The heating function depends on the power of the radiator and the number of sections.
The power is selected depending on the size of the room in which the radiator will operate: 1 kW of generated electricity is needed per 10 square meters of the room.
The formula applies to rooms with a ceiling height of no more than 2.75 m. If the ceilings are higher, you can calculate the required power using the following algorithm:
- Multiply the length of the room by the width to get the area.
- Multiply the resulting number by the height of the room, so you get the desired volume.
- Divide the resulting figure by 25, because 1 kW of energy per 25 m3 is calculated. The result obtained is the power that is needed to heat the room.
Further, it is a matter of individual taste and financial capabilities. A simple oil heater has a standard set of features and is inexpensive.
Models equipped with fans, timers, humidifiers and remote controls are more expensive, but more comfortable to use.
- Before using the device, make sure that the voltage in the apartment socket corresponds to that recommended by the manufacturers.
- If you are not using the appliance, unplug it from the socket.
- Do not leave the device on when no one is in the room.
- Do not cover the device with clothing, as this will cause overheating or fire. It is better to place it at a safe distance from flammable substances.
- Keep the appliance clean.
- In the event of a breakdown, do not try to disassemble the parts of the radiator yourself, it is better to leave this work to professionals.
- Supervise children closely if they are in the same room as the device is in operation. Do not allow them to play with the cord or appliance, as this may result in short circuit, electric shock or fire.
- Carefully monitor the condition of the device itself, wires and plugs. Do not use the heater if the cord or plug is damaged.
- The appliance is intended for domestic indoor use only.
Preparation for work
If the device was bought in the cold season, then it must be carefully unpacked, placed on wheel supports and left for at least 3 hours.
After that, plug the radiator into a grounded socket and leave it to work for 1 hour in a ventilated area. Thus, all extraneous odors, the appearance of which is possible at the initial stage, will evaporate.
Maintenance of oil coolers
Oil heaters do not need special maintenance during their service life, if there are no complaints or complaints.
- If you need to store the device for a long time, then wipe it with a slightly damp cloth from dust and dirt, disconnect the cord, roll it up carefully. Remove the support wheels and put in a box, which tightly close.
- When the heater is needed again, take it out of the box, dust it again, and assemble it. Carefully inspect the instrument for deformation or oil leakage.
Remember, radiators use special oil.
Carefully inspect the cord for cracks or damage. If the components are in order, you can start using it normally.
Oil cooler disposal
When the oil heater becomes unusable, it must be disposed of according to the following scheme:
- Cut off the power cord from the unit.
- Drain the oil, which is dangerous for humans, and hand it over to a special collection point.
- The hull can be sold for scrap.
The warranty period for storage of oil coolers is 1 year, and for use – 2 years.
During the warranty period, the manufacturer guarantees satisfaction of the buyer’s requirements related to problems in the operation of the radiator, provided that the rules for operating, transporting and storing the device are observed.
Warranty obligations are fulfilled only if the fact of purchase is confirmed by a receipt, where the date of purchase is clearly visible.
Warranty obligations are not fulfilled in case of mechanical damage to the device, such as dents, scratches, and other defects.
Most often, the following problems occur in oil coolers:
- A crackling sound is heard when turned on and during the first 10-15 minutes of operation. If after this time the crack disappears, it’s okay. It occurs when the oil inside the radiator heats up.
It is possible that drops of water got into it, which cause such a reaction. This is possible if the device was assembled in conditions of high humidity.
- The radiator does not turn on. First, carefully inspect the cord and plug for cracks or creases. If they are not found, try plugging the heater into a different outlet.
If this did not work, then the problem is in the contact that has departed. Try to repair the device yourself or give it to a service center where experienced craftsmen will solve the problem.
- The device turns on but does not heat up. At the same time, indicator lights, a fan and other additional devices on the case work.
The cause of such a breakdown is problems with the thermal relay; it cannot be eliminated without special tools. Contact the service center.
- Oil is flowing. Such a breakdown appears due to a manufacturing defect (poorly sealed seam) or a long period of use of the device.
Over time, the metal at the junction burns out and becomes thinner, which leads to this kind of breakdown. Unfortunately, it is impossible to repair an oil leak either on your own or in a service center.
If the breakdown is serious, you should carefully consider the prospect of buying a new radiator, because sometimes repairs cost more than a new device.
Oil heater manufacturers
The company is known for high-quality products with a matte textured finish, which increases heat transfer by 20%. Products are coated with an anti-corrosion compound that prevents the device from rusting.
A new generation thermostat closely monitors the room temperature. Among the distinctive features, it is necessary to highlight the special design of the legs, which make it impossible for the heater to fall.
Advantages – absolute noiselessness during the operation of heaters, uniform heating of rooms and the absence of open heating elements, from which you can get burned.
The combination of efficiency, functionality and quality make the heaters of this company in demand.
The main direction is the production of high-quality heating equipment, among which oil coolers of various types occupy a special place: cast aluminum, steel, panel and bimetallic radiators.
A Russian brand that has won a large number of fans in a short time.
The company is constantly moving forward, making oil coolers more and more advanced and of high quality, providing them with a large number of additional features.
The company does not specialize exclusively in heaters, but has a wide range of products for the home.
The company has been on the market for heating appliances for more than 30 years, but does not have a huge number of oil cooler models.
Among 5 models that differ in appearance, power and number of sections, everyone will be able to choose the option that suits him perfectly.
The company constantly pleases its customers by updating the range of oil coolers. The models of the new line have heaters with a large list of additional functions.
Advertising from sponsors: //