Kitchen scales with bowl
A kitchen scale will help you unleash your culinary skills, helping you to check the amount of ingredients and becoming an indispensable assistant in household chores. They will help measure the ingredients and complement the design of the kitchen.
The main thing when choosing is to determine the future purpose and budget of the purchase. So, by purchasing mechanical ones, the buyer sacrifices measurement accuracy and convenience, but saves money that is additionally spent on electronic ones.
Bowls with a recess are more suitable for the mass consumer, for home use, they are more convenient than flat ones and are designed for standard measurements, for cereals, flour, etc.
Types of kitchen scales with a bowl
There are two types of scales – electronic and mechanical.
- A spring basis for measurement is built into the mechanical ones, which stretches when weighed and moves the arrows to the division mark in the measuring table.
- Electronic ones are created on the basis of a constructive computing mechanism, with a display and a control panel. They resemble a kind of “kitchen computer” that indispensably helps cooks prepare food. Electronic scales are more expensive than mechanical ones, but are acceptable to people who maintain their own health, follow a healthy diet and diet.
Scales weigh from the smallest to the largest volumes of masses, depending on the characteristics of a particular model.
Better for the kitchen are options with a measurement of 2-5 kg. The price of the “minimum” division can also vary, but the option is better suited, as considered by culinary specialists, with a division of 1 gram.
With their help, you can accurately measure the mass of the necessary products.
Bowls are made with two types of food surfaces:
- Flat platforms;
- Cups with recess.
The first type is characterized by weighing the ingredients, except for the original container, in a kitchen bowl, a cup in which two (or more) types of products are mixed at once. On this side, there is a predominant convenience in cases where such ingredients are weighed that do not fit in the vessel at all.
The second type is mainly suitable for those who like to cook from crumbly compositions – dough, pies, cakes and more. Convenience is caused by the “Reset tare” button present on the scales. Thus, it is not difficult to pour the correct amount of another product if the display shows “0 g”.
This function is preferable for people who are just learning the skills of cooking, as it is much easier to keep proportions with it.
The bowl can be built-in or removable. The latter is easier to wash after use.
In addition, you, if necessary, change the complete container for your own.
Convenience gives a bowl of large volume, included in the kit. Thus, the device is placed inside it after use and stored until the next use in a compact form. Appearance also affects the attitude to cooking, so you should choose an attractive model for yourself.
Designs draw attention and complement the device.
The latest models are created by manufacturing companies with the addition of wood, glass, plastic and other materials. Devices differ in their own forms, fastenings for surface zones – walls and tables. Outwardly, a variety of colors is used: white, black, colored, with drawings, patterns, and so on.
Scales can not only measure various ingredients. Other features:
- Accounting for tare weight;
- Sequential use by resetting the mass to “0” allows you to weigh the components of the dish one by one;
- Automation functions on/off;
- Measure of liquids;
- Built-in clock;
- Choice when measuring: ounce, gram, kilogram, pound and others;
- Brief or detailed nutritional information (proteins, fats, carbohydrates, calories);
- Load indicators.
Advantages and disadvantages:
- Power supply: mains, accumulators or batteries;
- High precision measurement;
- Own functionality (memory for tare weight, memorable setting, indicator of the nutritional value of the product, timer, clock, etc.);
- More suitable for weighing the exact mass in grams than for weights.
This type is suitable for those who follow the diet and for beginner cooks.
- weight range up to 5 (and above) kilograms;
- do not need a power source;
- the error is observed when the spring deforms over time. At this time, it needs to be adjusted or replaced;
- suitable for weighing heavy loads, with small masses errors occur;
- little functionality.
Depending on your own wishes, a specific type, model, appearance, set of functions of kitchen scales is selected. Accurate electronic scales can help measure foods that can not be eaten with certain diseases: diabetes and other acute and chronic diseases that require food control.
For twists and conservation, scales with measuring measures from 3 kg are better suited, which will allow you to use the device for its intended purpose.
How to choose a kitchen scale with a bowl
Before buying, pay attention to the case – it should hide and protect the internal mechanism. Glass appliances are more attractive, but metal ones last longer. Plastic is lower in the price category, but it reliably protects against a humid environment, although it deforms over time.
But here you rely on your own preferences and tastes. It is better to take, as it was written above, such scales that isolate the body coating more reliably and protect the internal device.
Pay your own attention to the keypad.
Rubberized buttons are able to last much longer, and if the coating is complete, extending to the button surface completely.
Even if you accidentally spill liquid, nothing will happen to the internal mechanism – the upper part will dry out, and the device inside will not get wet at all. Advantageously, this is more comfortable in cases with bulk products that are sprayed during cooking: soda, flour, powder, and others.
If you prefer battery-powered scales, then pay attention to the fact that they have an indicator that is convenient to fix the remaining charge. The option of battery-mains power supply will also be convenient. So, in case of complete discharge of the battery, you can connect the device to the network.
In order for the device to last the longest time, it is necessary to choose models that are of fairly high quality. Often this is facilitated by a well-known manufacturer specializing in this field.
Much, of course, depends on the storage method. That is why some prefer to purchase scales with wall mounting and folding into containers from the kit.
In many ways, this will tell you, of course, the instruction manual, which must be present in the kit.
The diagram describes that:
- The device is installed on a hard surface (moreover, it is desirable not to change their position after installation for a more accurate measurement);
- Store in a place protected from moisture;
- After the work is completed, it is necessary to rinse all washable parts, and wipe the rest with a damp cloth;
- In no case should the device be immersed in water, and also detergents should not be added when wiping;
- You cannot open the case yourself, even if the device is out of order;
- So that the batteries do not run out quickly, it is better to keep the mechanism in a horizontal (natural for them) position;
- You can not shake, throw and hit other objects;
- There should be no objects on the surface when you are not using them;
- The tool is suitable only for home use and strictly for its intended purpose;
- Make sure that items do not touch surfaces during weighing;
- The batteries are inserted in the correct position (pay attention to the “+” and “-” sides);
- The lid covering the batteries must be tightly closed;
- Batteries should not be stored near metal surfaces and objects;
- After the batteries are exhausted, they must be replaced immediately or removed from the device;
- For proper operation and work with a particular model, you need to refer to the manual attached to it;
- If the device is not equipped with an automatic switch, then at the end of cooking it is turned off manually;
- Reread the instructions if necessary.
If you notice that your scales began to malfunction, turn off, show obviously incorrect results, and there are other reasons, then in this case it is necessary to establish the cause of their malfunction.
Carry out the actions in the following sequence until you find the cause of the breakdown:
- Check the batteries under the cover. Usually it is easy to open, but in some cases this will require a screwdriver. Remove the cover and take out the batteries. If you do not have special equipment for checking battery charge, then you can check their performance on any other working device that has the same battery slots. If the batteries are no longer usable, they only need to be replaced;
- If everything is in order with the power supply, then it is necessary to inspect the cable connecting the board to the display. If it is not very tight, then this can also be the cause of the malfunction. To fix the problem, the board must be pressed as tightly as possible to the display surface, after lifting it up. You can use a small wooden beam, which is installed in the middle of the board and the bottom of the case;
- Check device contacts. They should be pressed against the legs during operation. If the metal has become noticeably thin, then it is necessary to replace the relay with the same contact parameters as in the original design. To do this, use a soldering iron or other convenient tool;
- Clean surfaces and accessible places from dirt. This should be done very carefully, without making sudden movements, avoiding direct pressure. Wipe first with a special damp cloth, and then dry on top so that moisture does not remain on the surface, since even a slight evaporation leads to oxidative processes on the surface of the mechanism;
- Think carefully and remember if you have placed heavy objects on the surface that are not allowed for this device. If it was, and now your dial is showing incorrectly, then the reason was this. In particular, shaking the device leads to this, which is why it is recommended not to beat or shake it. To calibrate, press the appropriate button and hold until “CAL” is displayed, then put the required mass on the work surface and wait for the calibration to complete – “PASS”, or failure – “FAIL”.
Advertising from sponsors: //