Do you like to drink tea, but with an ordinary teapot there is no atmosphere of comfort and homely warmth? Or do you have a large family and the kettle has to be boiled several times? Or maybe in your house they like to receive guests and loved ones? Then an electric samovar is a great alternative to a regular kettle.
The diverse design of modern models will satisfy the most demanding taste, and their technical features will delight you, save you from unnecessary trouble and give you the opportunity to devote time to communication.
An electric samovar can become not only a beautiful element of your kitchen, but also very functional, as this device not only quickly brings water to a boil, but also maintains its temperature for a long time.
It can be used both indoors and outdoors, as convenience and ease of use is the main strong point of this type of samovars. It is also a great way to pay tribute to traditions and simply decorate the interior with a beautiful detail.
This device works on almost the same principle as other types of water heaters. Namely: water is heated inside a vessel, in which an electric heating element is mounted – a thermal coil. So, we see that the principle of operation of the classic samovar was taken as the basis.
In addition, this type of device has a special sensor that helps protect the electric heating element from malfunctions. It helps in cases where the liquid has boiled away from the mechanism or you simply forgot to pour water into it.
Thus, you can not worry that due to one oversight, the mechanism will cease to function.
Firstly, such a device can be made from a metal, plastic, or porcelain vessel. In addition, it is supplemented with small functional elements: a lid, handles, a tap for draining water, as well as a stand. All these little things make the use of an electric samovar as convenient and safe as possible.
Secondly, an electrical component for heating with a float – a thermal switch is placed at the bottom of the tank. It is this mechanism that helps to turn off the device when the water level is below the permissible minimum mark.
Thirdly, unlike the classic samovar, the electric samovar is connected to the mains using a detachable power cord.
It should be emphasized that an electric samovar is very similar to an electric kettle, since both devices have an electric heating element at their core. But a number of special characteristics bring this unit into a separate row.
- Like a classic samovar, this mechanism maintains the temperature of the water for a long time.
- Automatic shutdown, as well as protection against overheating. Thus, you don’t have to worry about the fact that the heating element may burn out or overheat, the mechanism will turn itself off when the liquid boils.
- In addition to its main functions, the device has a decorative function. This device will perfectly complement any interior and give it a special charm and flavor.
- An electric samovar is a great way to give tea to a large family or a huge group of friends, as it is very roomy. And also to fill the cup, just unscrew the tap.
- Water heating rate. Water in such a samovar boils as quickly as in a kettle. But the samovar looks much more interesting and original than the kettle.
- Unlike a traditional samovar, an electric one is very easy to clean. Since it no longer needs to be cleaned of soot and a large amount of dirt. Care is almost the same as for an electric kettle.
- Saved and sound effects, which gives the device more flavor. Namely, that sound is preserved when the liquid begins to boil and beat against the walls of the samovar.
- Fast boiling speed.
- Attractive appearance. Such a device is not only functional, but also will be a great decor.
- The price category is not much higher than that of electric kettles.
- So, we see that an electric samovar is not only a tribute to traditions, but also a comfortable and efficient device.
If we consider the types of electric samovars, their advantages and disadvantages, we can distinguish:
- Samovar with a copper body is the most popular. It has an attractive appearance – the famous mirror effect.
But to maintain this effect, you need to make a few efforts – use polishing agents and constantly wipe.
But that brilliance is worth the little effort.
- Nickel-plated ones are no less beautiful, but they are less troublesome than with a copper samovar. In addition, such samovars are often decorated with paintings, so they are great for decorating.
- A glass-shaped samovar is not as popular as the previous two, but it also has a place to be. For the manufacture of such an apparatus, brass is used, but the top is still covered with metal, since various spots and rust appear on brass over time.
But like any device, an electric samovar has its drawbacks, namely:
- Despite its merits, this electrical device will never compare to traditional samovars. Since boiling water in it will never smell of smoke, and its integral parts such as coal and soot were replaced with electricity.
- Sometimes in some models there is a smell of plastic. Often this happens only when manufacturers use low-quality material.
- The level of filling is not shown, to see it it is necessary to open the lid.
- Compared to a kettle, it pours water slowly, since you cannot quickly pour a large amount of liquid through the faucet.
This device is intended primarily for domestic hot water heating.
Here are some simple rules for safe operation:
- Washing the mechanism by immersing it completely in water is strictly prohibited, and water should not fall on the appliance plug. If this happens, then you should simply wipe it with a dry cloth.
- Before turning on, be sure to check the presence of at least a minimum of water. Since you can simply simply burn the device.
- When turning on the device, it must be placed on a stand, which is made of fireproof material.
- It is strictly forbidden to plug it into faulty sockets or if the cord breaks, as this can all lead to fire.
- Do not pour or add water to the switched on mechanism.
- In no case should you leave the samovar unattended if it is connected to the network.
- Having bought an electrical device in the cold season, you can turn it on only after 3 hours at room temperature.
Like any other device, an electric samovar also needs proper care and maintenance:
- First, the samovar must always be kept clean. Therefore, it is necessary to constantly rub its surface to a shine, but there are a couple of nuances. Nickel coating should be wiped using special pastes, lacquer coating or artistic painting should be wiped first with a soft damp cloth, and then dry.
- Secondly, timely descaling will significantly increase the life of the device. But at the same time, in no case should you use emery or metal objects for cleaning, as you can easily damage the coating.
- Thirdly, the samovar should be stored in a dry room at a temperature not lower than 13 degrees, and contact with substances that can cause corrosion should be avoided: various kinds of acids and alkali.
Therefore, by adhering to these three basic maintenance rules, the electric samovar will work for a long time and without interruption.
Like any other samovar device, there may be some malfunctions, here are the most common ones that are resolved very quickly:
- The device does not want to turn on – in this case, it is worth checking the serviceability of the power cord or the power button. In this case, you just need to replace or repair the power cord.
- Breakage of the heating element is quite common, but nothing can be done about it. Simply replace a broken heating element.
- If the samovar leaks, then it is better to take it to the workshop, where a specialist will quickly fix the breakdown.
- Also, problems may arise with handles and a lid, but they can be easily replaced with new ones.
And finally, how to properly operate the device? Brief algorithm:
- Make sure the machine is connected to the network.
- Remove the electric samovar from the power base and pour liquids up to the maximum mark.
- Return back and press the switch – the device should work. After the water boils, the samovar will turn off automatically.
- In order to use the keep warm function, you need to move the special switch to the appropriate position.
As a result, we can say that samovars that operate on electricity are an excellent analogue of the classic one.
A modern analogue will help bring a special zest to ordinary tea drinking.
Its principle is the same as that of all heating devices, namely: the water is heated inside the vessel, but instead of the pipe through which the fuel was laid, a heating electric element is mounted. This mechanism allowed the samovar to appear on the tables of modern residents of megalopolises and cities.
In addition, the electric samovar has a special device that helps prevent overheating and breakage of the heating element.
As for materials, mostly brass is used more often for everything, it is this material that guarantees strength and long service life. Often, appliances are decorated with paintings or other decorative elements that turn a typical liquid heating device into a real work of art.
Electric samovars come in different sizes: from 2 liters to simply huge ones, with which you can drink more than a dozen people.
As a conclusion, it should be noted how all the same to choose a samovar that is powered by electricians?
First, you need to decide on the type, color and decor of the device.
Secondly, choose the right size, depending on the number of people.
Third, view the technical specifications.
Fourth, study the rules of use in detail.
Therefore, an electric samovar is not only an excellent analogue of an electric kettle, but also an excellent element of decor. It is tea drinking from a samovar that makes it possible to give this ordinary action a special sincerity and intimacy.
Advertising from sponsors: //