Electric dryer with timer
An electric dryer is a special household kitchen appliance with a heating element, a thermostat and removable trays. It is intended for dehydration of vegetables, fruits, berries, mushrooms in order to preserve their useful properties and increase the shelf life.
Types of electric dryers with a timer
According to the principle of operation, electric dryers with a timer are divided into two types:
- Convection – dry the fruits with hot air streams using a heating element. There is a natural air circulation, warming up pallets with products in the direction from the bottom up. In more technologically advanced models, a fan is built in, dispersing heated air through the interior of the dryer for even drying.
- Affordable price
- The quality of the resulting product is reduced due to hot processing during dehydration.
- Process duration
- infrared – retain the maximum amount of useful substances in fruits due to the penetration of infrared rays into the product. The drying process takes place at a temperature of 40 – 60 degrees.
- Drying time is much less than in convection models.
- Higher product quality due to uniform evaporation of moisture from fruit fibers.
- Economical energy consumption.
- High price
- Large dimensions
The principle of operation is to remove moisture from products using infrared radiation at a certain temperature, which is controlled by a thermostat. Before drying, vegetables and fruits must be washed, cut and placed in a dehydrator, selecting the desired temperature. The optimum temperature for drying is 40 degrees.
Depending on the type of fruit and the desired result, the drying process takes from 2 to 24 hours. The maximum dehydration time is required for products containing a large amount of moisture (grapes, plums, apricots, etc.). The dehydrator works offline, without consuming a large amount of electricity.
According to the type of construction, there are three types of electric dryers:
Common type of dehydrator: a plastic tray with a thickness of about 0.5 cm, in which the heating elements are embedded. Principle of operation: fruits are laid out on it, the device is connected to the network and the drying process begins. During operation, it is necessary to mix the products.
- Economical electricity consumption.
- Easy to use.
- Roomy sheet (average 20 * 60 cm).
- Cannot be placed on an uncoated surface.
- Uneven drying of fruits.
- The need for mixing products during drying.
- Natural air circulation complicates the drying process.
Universal dehydrators for drying a large number of fruits, consisting of a body and several pallets from 3 to 7 or more pieces. By type of loading, they are vertical and horizontal.
When fruits are loaded vertically, they are placed in the dryer from above on several pallets arranged one above the other in tiers. With horizontal, the products for drying are placed in the dehydrator in the same way as an oven. The height of such dryers is from 30 to 60 cm. The shape can be round and square.
- Large product load.
- Equipped with temperature controller, timer, backlight.
- The ability to place on the surface of furniture without additional coating.
- During the drying process, for uniform evaporation of moisture, it is required to swap the upper and lower pallets.
Infrared dehydrators large size, reminiscent of an electric oven with an oven. Basically, this type is used for industrial purposes.
The design can be made of heat-resistant plastic or metal. Of the two options, it is recommended to choose a design made of opaque plastic, since the transparent one transmits light, which has a harmful effect on dried fruits, and the metal one prevents uniform drying.
Pallets are made of plastic and stainless steel. Plastic ones are much lighter in weight, cheaper, but short-lived. Metal ones are heavier in weight, more expensive in cost, more difficult to care for, but they have a longer service life.
Functions of an electric dryer with a timer
The electric dehydrator performs the following tasks:
- Drying vegetables, fruits, berries with the preservation of vitamins and microelements for the purpose of long-term storage. The optimum temperature is 40 degrees.
- Production of dried meat and fish, dried mushrooms, roots, herbs, spices at temperatures above 40 degrees.
- In the dryer, you can cook chips, croutons, pizza and other dishes in the tradition of a raw food diet without heat treatment.
- Preparation of desserts – marshmallows, cookies, cakes.
- Fermentation of yogurt, cottage cheese, kefir, sour cream.
In addition to the main functionality, which includes: the presence of a fan for uniform air convection in similar types of dryers, the choice of work power, there are a number of additional and important functions:
Engine overheating protection will allow the dryer to work for a long time without interruption and extend the life of the appliance.
Timer is an important element in the management of a dehydrator. It automatically turns off the device after a specified period of time. Models of electric dryers with this function allow you to safely leave the device running in the absence of people in the room for the required time.
The advantage of such models is that the fruits will not be overdried due to oversight, and you are free from constant monitoring of the drying process. In some models, the timer is purchased separately.
The presence of a thermostat in models with an electronic control type, it allows you to set the automatic mode for selecting the temperature for drying fruits with adjustable drying time.
Thermostat maintains the same heating temperature inside the dryer, turns off when the required value is exceeded and turns on when it cools down. This feature results in energy savings.
Backlight allows you to observe the drying process without opening the lid.
How to choose an electric dryer with a timer
- Power selection. Depending on the purpose of using the dryer (dehydration of vegetables and fruits or additional drying of meat and fish), as well as the size, number of pallets, it is required to choose a dryer of the appropriate capacity. For a small device, 300 W is enough, for a large one with a number of pallets of 7-10 pieces, a power of 650-1000 W is required.
High power allows you to increase the number of superimposed products on each sheet.
- Air supply method. It is recommended to stop choosing the side air blow dryer for even heating.
- The bottom of the dehydrator must be protected from the ingress of fruit juice. on top of it, especially if there is a fan at the bottom. It is more practical to choose models with a fan located on top.
- Depending on the purpose of the dryer, it is worth choosing pallets of the appropriate height. The higher their walls, the larger the fruits can be dried. Height up to 1 cm is only suitable for vegetables and fruits. The double-walled design of the trays contributes to the even distribution of hot air.
How to use an electric dryer
- Before starting operation, it is required to rinse all removable parts and containers, dry, wipe the inner surface of the dryer with a damp cloth.
- Before starting work, the electric dryer must be installed on a flat horizontal surface. The device must not be installed on hot surfaces, near heat sources, under hanging shelves.
- Divide pre-prepared products evenly on pallets.
- Place the trays in such a way that there is enough space between them for free air circulation.
- Place 0.5 to 0.8 kg of products on each pallet.
- Place pallets in the dryer.
- Close the lid and do not remove it until the end of the operation of the electric dryer.
- Connect the dryer to the mains and turn the power button to the working position so that the indicator light lights up.
- To automatically turn off, you need to set a certain time on the timer, corresponding to the period of the required fruit processing.
- Select the degree of heating depending on the power.
- Using the temperature controller, you need to set the desired mode, based on the recommended temperature conditions:
- greens and herbs – 35/40 C
- bread – 40/50 C
- vegetables, mushrooms – 50/55 C
- fruits – 55-60 C
- fish, meat – 65-70 C.
- After finishing work, turn off the dryer, let it cool, wipe from the inside with a damp cloth.
- Disconnect from network.
- During operation, it is recommended to use all the pallets included in the set, regardless of the degree of their fullness.
- Check the compliance of the technical characteristics with the state of the power supply.
- Do not use a household electric dryer for industrial purposes.
- The device must be disconnected from the network during non-working hours.
- Do not immerse the power cord in water or other liquids.
- Children are not allowed to be near during its operation.
- Do not leave plugged in for a long time.
- Do not touch hot surfaces.
- To avoid damage or electric shock, it is recommended to use only those components that are included with the electric dryer with timer.
- Do not use for continuous operation more than 40 hours. After this time, you need to disconnect it from the network and let it cool down.
- The dryer must not be covered.
- Repair of breakdowns is carried out only in service centers.
- Installation is allowed only on surfaces that are not subject to heat in order to avoid fires.
- If it is at a temperature below 0 C, it is required to hold it at room temperature for at least two hours before starting work.
Troubleshooting is required to be carried out with the power disconnected from the mains.
The fan does not start when the dehydrator is connected to the mains.
- check the integrity of the power cord and plug
- check the presence of voltage in the network
- lubricate the bearings and rotate the rotor shaft until it spins lightly.
The air blown by the fan is not heated.
- turn the thermostat knob until the required temperature is set
- remove the cover of the ventilation unit, check the fastening of the wires to the heating element and fix them.
- check the reliability of the wires to the thermostat
- replace heating element
Switching off the dryer during operation.
- the air temperature has exceeded 70 degrees or the fan motor has stopped
- when the engine is stopped, it is required to lubricate the bearings and rotate the shaft a certain number of times.
Advertising from sponsors: //