Cyclone vacuum cleaner
Every day, manufacturers of household appliances create improved devices that reduce the burden on a person. The cyclone vacuum cleaner is an invention that makes house cleaning easy. Get rid of dust and debris that is collected during cleaning, now simply by opening the container, and not shaking them out of the collection bag, finding themselves in a cloud of dust settling on clothing and body.
Are these all the distinguishing qualities of a cyclone vacuum cleaner from others? Of course not. A dense plastic container is only one feature among the positive characteristics that are discussed in detail in this article.
Pros and cons of cyclone vacuum cleaners
Cyclone dust collection systems are a new invention. But its presence on the market, and the constant expansion of the range of manufacturers, obscures the already outdated, but still offered models with a dust bag.
The first prototypes of such household appliances appeared in stores in the 90s in the UK. They, of course, differed in size and had flaws. The process of modernization and improvement of such devices still does not stop.
Manufacturers today offer models both stationary for domestic use and manual for mobile use.
The specialization of the device lies in the principle of operation not of the motor, but of its dust collector – a cyclone filter. The container collects garbage under the influence of simple physical phenomena. Centrifugal force is a phenomenon that people face all the time. Based on this phenomenon, centrifuges and children’s carousels work.
The dust collector consists of 2 chambers, where the air moves in a spiral upwards, along the inner chamber. Large particles of dust and debris fall, under the action of centrifugal force, into the outer chamber, while small particles remain in the inner chamber.
The purified air then passes through additional filters. This filtration method is capable of making the air and surfaces cleaner up to 97%.
- Maintaining power as the dust container fills up during the cleaning process, the device is designed so that the collected debris does not interfere with the air intake.
- Economy in operation. It does not require the purchase of additional components, as disposable bags are purchased for outdated devices.
- If necessary, it is easy to wash with water and dry. Do not process the filter often.
- Reduced noise level during use. This result is achieved thanks to the same system.
- The transparent case gives the user the opportunity to see and get things that accidentally got into it, to monitor the level of filling.
The cyclone vacuum cleaner also has disadvantages in its work. The shortcomings do not affect the overall quality of cleaning.
- Hair, fluff, wool or threads are hard to reach for a cyclone vacuum cleaner. The set of modern devices provides additional nozzles designed to collect just such contaminants.
- When used, mild and harmless electric shocks are felt – this is static electricity. It accumulates on the body of the device due to the peculiarities of the filter.
- Stability is ensured only at high power, so the regulators on the case are useless. The reduction in power leads to the destruction of the cyclic rotation of the air. To continue working, it is worth releasing air access to the filter.
- The collection container is made of durable plastic, and solid particles that fall into it create loud sounds.
These shortcomings occur in the operation of the cyclone filter, they will be present in any model, regardless of price and manufacturer. Therefore, before purchasing such equipment, it is worth considering these features.
How to choose a cyclone vacuum cleaner
The demand for vacuum cleaners with a cyclone filter does not stop growing, so manufacturers are doing their best to increase the number of offers on the market. What are the characteristics that affect the choice of goods in the store and its future quality of use.
- Power – the main indicator when choosing cyclone vacuum cleaners. Both power consumption and suction power are important for them. The indication of the last indicator in the description is rarely indicated, so you can focus on representatives whose power is not lower than 1800W.
- Dust container capacity also affects the choice of a particular device, although it will not affect performance. A small collection will have to be emptied more often, interrupting the cleaning process. Large containers add weight. A medium dust container will avoid such troubles.
- Additional filtration of exhaust air – a useful function, but possibly adding value. Carbon HEPA filters are common on many representatives of such equipment and purify the air even from small dust particles. Such a filtration system is used in medical institutions where air purity must meet the highest requirements.
- Additional equipment. In the average set, along with the purchase, 3 to 6 interchangeable nozzles are included. The greater the number of such nozzles, narrow, wide, for furniture, for carpets, etc., the more effective the cleaning process. Caring manufacturers can also provide a replaceable cyclone filter in the kit, which will be a plus in choosing and will allow you to save money on buying parts in the future and not wait until the filter dries after washing, replacing it with another one.
- General characteristics of the equipment, such as the length of the wire and the length of the hose are also worth considering when buying a vacuum cleaner. More often problems arise with insufficient length, which causes inconvenience in operation. The function of adjusting the hose or pipe is available for models of all manufacturers, but it is worth checking the maximum length suitable for the growth of the future owner. Too long wire cord is inconvenient – it gets confused and gets in the way. To eliminate such inconvenience, a reverse function is provided – winding the cord as it approaches the outlet. Having it will increase the price but make it easier to use.
- It is worth paying attention to what material the pipes and their fasteners are made of.. Plastic tubes crack or break over time, the service life of metal tubes depends on the operating time of the vacuum cleaner itself. Fasteners must be strong and rotate 360 degrees, following the movements of the user.
Pricing policy and brand
The choice of manufacturer can affect the quality of the product. Manufacturers of little-known brands do not give guarantees for the long service life of their goods, while experienced manufacturers vouch for their products. The longer the organization manufactures this kind of equipment, the better it will be assembled, and the more functional it will be in use.
The price of these household appliances can vary greatly:
- Cheap models are often made by little-known manufacturers. Cheap materials are used here, which render the product unusable in a short time. In addition to the quality of materials, the power of cheap models is less than 1800 W, and, accordingly, the quality of dust removal by such equipment is low.
- Models for manual cleaning and car cleaning are an order of magnitude cheaper than stationary models, but the same pricing policy applies here. In addition, manual ones have small dust collector volumes, an average of 250 ml.
- Paying attention to models of the middle price range, you can easily find a vacuum cleaner for home use with power ratings from 1800 W. Here are models from popular manufacturers of household appliances. But you should not, having seen the familiar brand name, make a rash purchase at an attractive cost. Reading the specifications, talking with consultants will not take much time, and this will help you avoid purchasing the wrong product.
- Expensive – vacuum cleaners with additional functional characteristics, robotic vacuum cleaners are presented here.
Types of cyclone vacuum cleaners
There are five types of designs of vacuum cleaners with a cyclone filter:
Design indicators when buying are a personal matter, but it’s still worth knowing how some models differ from others and what they are intended for.
Conventional vacuum cleaners are common today in everyday life more often than others. In their design: a body, a dust container, a hose, a telescopic tube and nozzles.
The design of the upright vacuum cleaner consists of the same parts as the regular one, but the distribution of parts vertically will reduce storage space. The increased maneuverability of the vertical models makes it easy to clean carpets in hard-to-reach places and on stairs with good results.
The handheld vacuum cleaner is not intended for house cleaning. It will cope with pollution in the workplace or remove dust from the computer and other household appliances.
hybrid model user transforms to vertical from manual and vice versa. Cleaning carpets with long pile is difficult, because often the power is not high, but the processing of other surfaces and furniture will be at the level.
Robots with cyclone filter – This is a modern expensive product. It is able to clean surfaces on its own, without human intervention. Their power is not higher than 1800W, the volume of the dust collector is small, and the operating time is also determined by the battery charge.
For such a carpet to work, it must be taut.
Robots are programmed for the required cleaning time, set the time at which the program starts to run. They themselves are able to turn on and off, return to recharge, take up little space. Robots are equipped with obstacle proximity sensors and are able to bypass it.
How to use
You can extend the life of such equipment by ensuring proper care for it and observing the rules for its use.
The first thing you need to do after making a purchase is to study the attached instructions. Studying feedback from users experienced in using the selected instance will have a positive effect on its further use.
There is one main rule for using such vacuum cleaners in everyday life – cleaning with such equipment is carried out exclusively on dry surfaces! The ingress of water into the filter will compact dust particles and clog it, reduce the quality of dust suction, lead to deterioration, and form an unpleasant odor. It is worth drying the filter thoroughly after washing, for the same reasons.
The amount of debris in the dust collector does not affect the operation of the cyclone system; you should not postpone the banal release of the collected dirt after cleaning. As already mentioned, there is no need to constantly clean it.
Advertising from sponsors: //