They differ from free-standing ones in the device of the cooling and condensation system, in the design: installation inside a cabinet, wall or panels is possible. There are horizontal refrigerators and vertical ones.
They are built into the kitchen furniture and organically fit into the interior. The design solution here is not at the expense of quality and functionality: according to these indicators, a built-in refrigerator does not differ from a free-standing one.
Principle of operation
Temperature maintenance in refrigerators and freezers due to circulation inside the refrigerant.
- the compressor compresses the refrigerant;
- under pressure, the gas passes into the condenser, which is installed on the back of the refrigerator;
- inside the condenser, the temperature of the gas drops, and it passes into a liquid state;
- passing through the filter-drier and capillary tube, the refrigerant moves to the evaporator;
- inside the evaporator, the refrigerant boils, while it absorbs heat from the chambers, maintaining stable temperatures;
- while the refrigerant is boiling, evaporation occurs and the gas returns to the compressor.
- fully integrated refrigerator (details are built into the furniture and hidden);
- partially recessed (the part is located in plain sight: the manufacturer leaves the doors or the electronic panel uncovered).
For fully built-in appliances, there are two types of facade fastening (panels that close the doors):
- sliding (the open door moves to the side along special guides);
- tough (doors and decorative panels or furniture doors are hinged and move at the same time).
Another parameter is the energy class.
The energy efficiency index of technology is an indicator that gives an idea of future energy costs.
According to the European classification, economical options are:
- A (since 2003, classes A + and A ++ have been allocated; the level of energy consumption is 55%, 42% and 30%, respectively)
- B (energy consumption varies from 55 to 75%)
- C (energy efficiency index from 75 to 95%);
- D (rare option: power consumption from 95 to 110%).
Energy classes E, F and G are characterized by a high level of energy consumption and cannot compete in this indicator with economical models. This level of energy consumption is found in high-tech options.
According to the number of cameras, models are divided into:
- single chamber built-in refrigerator(with one door and one chamber. If the freezer compartment is present, it is installed inside the main chamber);
- built-in two-chamber refrigerators (divided into two compartments – freezing and refrigerating, each of which is equipped with a door);
- three-chamber built-in refrigerator (in addition to the refrigerator compartment and freezer, there is a third chamber here – a freshness zone, in which the optimum temperature is set and air circulation is set up: it performs the function of proper storage of vegetables, fruits and herbs);
- multi-chamber built-in refrigerators (three or more chambers, in each of which the temperature regime and the necessary storage conditions are set separately);
- built-in refrigerator side + by side (Refrigerator and freezer compartments are located on the same level, next to each other. Option with two doors that open to the sides, like cabinet doors, or with separate doors for each compartment).
Just as in the case of freestanding models, the location of the freezer is variable. Product dimensions are individual: height, width, depth, weight and usable volume. Double-leaf refrigerators are a common design among built-in options.
The manufacturer also provides a choice in the case of the volume of the freezer. Configuration and control are carried out using different types of switches.
The materials from which the coating is made are different. The material of internal shelves and containers is also variable: there are accessories made of glass, plastic or metal gratings.
A common point for built-in refrigerators is a cooling and condensing device.
For normal operation, cold air is supplied and warm air is removed from the back and bottom walls of the cabinet in which the equipment is mounted. For these purposes, a special grid is installed.
The dimensions of the built-in refrigerator are selected simultaneously with the purchase and installation of the kitchen set, so that in the future there are no difficulties with installation.
For single-chamber refrigerators, the freezer is located on top or is absent. The two-chamber is installed in the upper or lower part. Parallel arrangement (freezer on the side) is a feature of the side-by-side option.
The number of chambers, the width, depth and height of the equipment are parameters that affect the useful amount of space for storing food.
Height options are divided into:
- high (190-250 cm);
- medium (140-185 cm);
- small (50-135 cm).
- European (narrow and high models);
- Asian (medium width and height technique);
- American (high and wide samples).
Depending on the depth, the acquired equipment is called:
- overall (up to 110 cm);
- standard ( 60-65 cm);
- shallow (42-50 cm).
When listing the dimensions, the manufacturer indicates the parameters separately for each chamber (freezer, refrigerator and freshness zone).
The volume of the built-in refrigerator:
- up to 100 liters (the volume is typical for single-chamber options and is designed for use by a small number of people);
- from 100 to 200 liters;
- from 201 to 300 liters;
- over 300 liters (volume reaches 760 liters).
Freezers are divided into categories:
- less than 50 liters;
- 50-75 liters;
- 76-100 liters;
- more than 100 liters of volume.
The dimensions of the model increase along with the increase in the number of cameras. Single-chamber equipment is inferior to multi-chamber options in terms of volume, suitable for one or two people.
Thanks to the full-fledged freezer, it is possible to store a large number of frozen foods. Each chamber is equipped with an independent air circulation system.
The dimensions of the side-by-side products are bulky: this is due to the compressor system, which takes care of maintaining the operating temperature in the chambers.
They also differ in capacious freezers – a parallel arrangement makes it possible to make it no less than a refrigerator in volume.
Multi-chamber refrigerators without a parallel arrangement of the refrigerating and freezing chambers also have a high usable volume and food capacity.
Management and configuration are carried out using:
- push button switch (electronic control – the operating mode is set by pressing the buttons, the temperature and other data are displayed on the display. A certain temperature is set);
- rotary switch with smooth or step switching (mechanical control – turning the knob changes the amount of cold air supplied to the chamber. The temperature value changes up or down);
- Touch control (the screen is placed on the outside of the door and responds to touch. Often such a model has access to the Internet, contains data on products, calories and benefits, reads bar codes and plans a menu).
Functions and features:
- no frost – technology in which frost does not form on the wall of the built-in refrigerator.
The evaporator is removed in a special compartment between the refrigerator and freezer chambers: an air flow is created, and the condensate remains directly on the evaporator, from where, thawing, flows into the tray;
- full no frost – cooling occurs solely due to air flows that are created by a fan located behind the evaporator: the temperature is uniform, and frost does not grow on the walls;
- quick freezing – a function that creates a temperature drop inside the freezer in three stages. The structure of the product frozen in this way undergoes the least changes. Quick freezing is considered the highest quality;
- rapid cooling – involves turning on a fan that cools a large amount of food in a short time. After cooling, normal operation is automatically restored, the fan is turned off;
- holiday mode – a mode that maintains a temperature of 15 degrees with little energy, protecting empty equipment from mold and unpleasant odors;
- child protection – temporary blocking of the door or control panel;
- door close signal – if the door is not closed, an audible signal sounds;
- reversible doors – the door is removed and fixed again on its own: it depends on which direction it will open;
- antibacterial protection – applied to the inner surface, stops the reproduction of mold and bacteria: products are stored longer, and unpleasant odors are neutralized;
Options are additionally equipped with:
- freshness zone – a chamber with a temperature close to zero degrees: with it, the products stay fresh longer;
- dispenser – a device for obtaining ice and cold water outside the refrigerator – for use it is not necessary to open the door and let warm air inside;
- ice maker – connects to a water source – a container or a water pipe. Prepares the required amount of crushed ice or ice cubes;
- deodorizer – the device provides air circulation, absorbs unpleasant odors. Does not allow food odors to mix and destroys harmful microorganisms;
- mini bar – a separate chamber designed to store a certain number of bottles;
- two cooling circuits and two compressors – with this configuration, air circulates separately in each chamber.
The power is distributed between the compressors, non-simultaneous operation of the chambers becomes possible while maintaining the level of energy consumption;
- display – located on the outside of the door, contains information about the temperature, operating mode and malfunctions. With its help, the technique is configured.
In addition to functions, dimensions and number of cameras, the noise level is variable: from 0 to 55 dB.
The lower the indicator, the quieter the operation of the device. The sound insulation of built-in refrigerators is higher than that of free-standing ones. The noise level increases if the equipment is equipped with a fan.
Advantages of built-in refrigerators
- reduced noise level (due to partial muffling of sound by decorative panels, cabinets or cabinets);
- reduction of electricity consumption (the thickness of thermal insulation is increased, the flow of warm air into the equipment is complicated);
- organicity in the interior (built-in appliances are mounted inside cabinets, cabinets or closed with decorative panels: the integrity of the interior and the design idea are not violated).
Aesthetics and design are the main purpose of built-in options. Due to the wide range of design options, this technique is in demand in the market.
Plus single-chamber models – the price. They are modest in size and rarely equipped with additional features.
Two-chamber refrigerators are a popular option. They are larger in volume, and the separation of the freezer and refrigerator is a guarantee that different temperatures will not affect each other.
Three-chamber and multi-chamber technology has the following advantages:
- temperature and conditions in each chamber are set and regulated separately: optimal and long-term storage of products is ensured;
- additional functions, such as quick freezing and cooling. Often, an ice generator, a dispenser and even a TV are installed on such models;
- large dimensions – the ability to store food for a large family.
A nice feature of the side-by-side design is the size of the freezer: in terms of volume, it can be equal to the refrigerator compartment. The option is suitable for storing a large amount of frozen food.
Considering the type of control, it is worth dwelling on electronic control: the advantage here is in convenience. The owner of the equipment makes more detailed settings and has accurate information about the temperature of the chambers and the condition of the equipment.
Touch panels, in addition to the above, serve as a monitor when working on the Internet, if the refrigerator has a built-in computer and access to the network.
The positive aspects include various functional improvements. With the no frost and full no frost systems, the refrigerating chamber gets rid of frost and moisture flowing down the walls, air circulation and a uniform temperature of the internal space are ensured.
The Quick Freeze feature allows you to freeze food in a healthy way with the least damage to texture and taste.
Holiday mode – getting rid of the problem of bad smell and mold that appear in empty refrigerators a few days after being turned off.
An antibacterial coating will also protect against mold and pathogens: a thin film is applied during manufacture and increases the shelf life of products.
The child lock system prevents a child from accidentally resetting the panel and makes it possible to lock the doors.
Design improvements are convenient: reversing the doors allows self-reassembly to change the direction in which the doors open.
Plus technical additions are new opportunities. The dispenser simplifies the procedure for preparing and removing ice, the deodorizer eliminates the stagnation of odors, the mini-bar maintains the correct temperature for storing wines.
Models with two compressors are distinguished by advanced features:
- the work of each compressor individually is facilitated, which makes the design more reliable;
- cameras turn on and off independently of each other;
- the temperature in the refrigerator and freezer is regulated and set separately;
- quick freezing is possible;
- reduced noise level, as the load on the compressors is less;
- in the event of a breakdown of one circuit, the second, until repair, partially performs the functions of the affected mechanism.
At the same time, the level of energy consumption remains the same as it was with the version with one compressor and one cooling circuit.
Cons of built-in refrigerators
A significant drawback of the built-in refrigerator is the complicated installation procedure.
It is difficult to provide normal cooling and air circulation for equipment closed by panels or furniture. Built-in refrigerators are installed strictly according to the rules.
- with the same parameters as free-standing appliances, the useful volume of the built-in version is less due to thermal insulation and ventilation details;
- fastening refrigerator doors to decorative panels is not convenient for everyone;
- the design is not insured against breakage;
- built-in appliances are more expensive due to the need for decoration with decorative panels, installation in a cabinet or cabinet;
- with a smaller volume, the equipment will take up more space – this is due to the nature of the installation, which requires space to ensure the normal operation of ventilation and cooling.
Disadvantages of individual varieties:
- if a freezer compartment is installed in a single-chamber refrigerator, then the quality of freezing in it is low, and the volume is small;
- no frost and full no frost systems do not allow storage of products without packaging: constant air circulation removes moisture, and the surface of the food is covered with a dried crust;
- additional functions are energy-consuming;
- breakdowns of alarm systems – a common problem: a light or sound alert about a loosely closed door due to malfunctions can work during normal operation or every time it is opened;
- like the signal system, other electronics that the refrigerator is equipped with can fail: it requires attention and rather expensive maintenance.
How to choose
The specificity of choosing a built-in refrigerator is due to the fact that it is designed for installation in a cabinet, cabinet or behind decorative panels.
Pay attention to the characteristics:
- dimensions (the values \u200b\u200bof height, width, depth and volume must necessarily correspond to the parameters of the kitchen set, otherwise installation will become impossible);
- number of cameras;
- installation features;
- door hanging mechanism;
- number of doors (refrigerators with several chambers are equipped with one door or separate shutters for each chamber);
- energy consumption (the lower the energy consumption indicator, the better);
- the presence and location of the freezer;
- defrosting system device;
- additional functions;
- compliance of the class of equipment with the class of the kitchen (this item will help to avoid inconsistencies and damage).
Pay attention to the country in which the equipment was assembled. Immediately after delivery, make sure that the equipment is working.
When working with each characteristic and making a choice, consider your needs:
- How much food do you keep in the refrigerator
- How long have you been using the purchased equipment?
- Do you need a large freezer?
- Are additional features required?
- whether you can provide maintenance, purchase of spare parts and troubleshooting in the event of a breakdown.
Which built-in refrigerator is better
- energy class A +++ (modern and economical);
- guaranteed quality of painting and execution of details;
- European assembly;
- the presence of a freshness zone (present in three-chamber and multi-chamber versions);
- electronic control;
- defrost system no frost or full no frost;
- two compressors and two cooling circles;
- additional functions: quick freezing and quick cooling, holiday mode, antibacterial protection and alarm mechanisms, child protection, ice and cold water making;
- the presence of separate shelves for wine and drinks, or a mini-bar;
- stainless steel coating;
- shelves made of glass or metal gratings.
When using a built-in refrigerator, follow the rules:
- refrigerant is a flammable substance: during transport, make sure that the pipes of the refrigerant circuit are not damaged;
- there should be no open flames or sparking appliances near the refrigerator;
- in the event of a wire breakage, the electronics are replaced by a professional: when replacing it yourself, there is a great danger to the user;
- no electrical appliances can be used inside the cells;
- do not use a steam cleaner when defrosting and cleaning the interior: the interaction of moisture and parts through which current passes can lead to a short circuit;
- doors, shelves and the lower part of the equipment cannot be used as steps or supports;
- before defrosting and cleaning, unplug the cord from the socket: pull only on the plug;
- store strong alcohol only in an upright position, tightly closed;
- in order to avoid increased porosity of the plastic or door seal, avoid getting oil or other fats on it;
- leave the ventilation openings open, with free air access;
- it is forbidden to store liquids in bottles and cans in the freezer compartment: freezing, they burst;
- to avoid frostbite, do not put food in your mouth immediately after removing it from the freezer, do not hold it in your hands for a long time;
- do not use sharp objects and knives to remove frost from the wall: it is so easy to damage the pipes through which the refrigerant flows;
- children should not play with the refrigerator and packing materials.
The service life of equipment increases with proper care.
Budget models, as a rule, need to be defrosted independently. Technological options defrost automatically and are equipped with systems that prevent the formation of frost: but minimal maintenance is necessary for any technique.
Transportation of the purchased equipment is carried out in a vertical position. This prevents oil from the compressor from entering the refrigeration circuit. If it mixes with the refrigerant, the equipment quickly clogs and needs to be repaired.
If only horizontal transport is possible, the pipe from the compressor must go up.
After transportation and installation, wash the refrigerator, let it dry and turn it on without food: put food inside after setting it to the desired temperature.
Outside, the refrigerator is wiped as it gets dirty with a damp cloth without detergents and soap: soda is acceptable. Stainless steel surfaces require special care, as fingerprints and streaks remain on it.
A suitable cleaning agent is indicated in the instructions, but if such an item is not there, in the hardware store you can pick up a universal option.
Features of caring for the inner surface of the chambers vary depending on the installed defrosting mechanism.
If the refrigerator is not equipped with a no frost system, frost will form in the freezer and on the back of the refrigerator. Cleaning will take longer.
Wait until the ice has completely melted, remove any water that has formed, and then wipe the surfaces with a soft cloth dipped in warm water with a small amount of disinfectant. The ice must not be scraped off, so as not to disrupt the circulation of the refrigerant.
Do not allow water to enter the temperature switch and the lighting system.
If a ventilation system is installed inside the equipment, and the walls are not covered with ice, then cleaning comes down to wiping the chamber and shelves with water and a disinfectant.
It is better to wipe the evaporator and door seal with clean water to avoid material deformation.
After cleaning the inside and outside, wipe the refrigerator with a dry cloth or soft towel. Do not use cleaning powders or chemicals other than those recommended by the manufacturer. They damage the materials and the quality of the equipment.
To avoid unpleasant odors between cleanings, deodorants and absorbers are used: to mask and purify the air. Many models are equipped with built-in deodorizers.
Special attention is paid to cleaning the back wall. It is important not to damage the cooling circuit, as it is often taken out, not covered by a panel. A handheld vacuum cleaner with a special nozzle will help remove dust.
If the equipment is not supposed to have a holiday mode, then during trips it is recommended to unplug the appliance, wash it, remove food and leave the door open. Free air circulation will prevent the formation of a characteristic smell and mold.
If the repair is impossible or impractical due to the fact that its cost is higher than the cost of the product, the equipment is replaced with a new similar one. Warranty repair and maintenance is carried out in the presence of a warranty card. It is considered valid if:
- the date of purchase;
- the document is certified by the seal of the seller;
- under the document is the signature of the seller with a transcript.
Warranties are set by the manufacturer and vary. The standard is two years.
But models with an impressive warranty period are not insured against breakdowns. Some firms provide an opportunity for a surcharge to extend the warranty period.
The warranty is always provided by the manufacturer and not by the selling organization. If the guarantee of the organization is higher in terms of time, then after the expiration of the warranty period of the manufacturer, the repair is carried out by the seller.
The warranty card specifies the conditions under which the manufacturer provides repair and maintenance. They never apply to:
- any mechanical damage: scratches, dents;
- breakdowns caused by improper operation;
- handles, backlights, wheels and legs.
If you repair the equipment yourself or replace parts yourself, you may be faced with the refusal of the manufacturer to provide warranty services.
Defective models and products are subject to replacement and correction, the breakdown of which is not associated with a violation by the owner of the operating rules. The service center evaluates the cause and cost of the breakdown.
Repair at home is possible: during the warranty period, the departure of the master is free. This is due to the fact that transportation is poorly tolerated by refrigerators, and the dismantling of built-in models is difficult.
The warranty can be extended to the equipment itself and the quality of its installation, if it was carried out by the manufacturer.
Faults and repairs
The complexity of the implementation in the case of built-in appliances is that it is built into the furniture: it is important to eliminate technical problems and not damage the decorative panels, cabinet or cabinet, maintain the integrity of the structure and not violate the installation rules.
Installation of embedded equipment without the participation of professionally trained workers is not recommended by manufacturers.
In the process, it is easy to damage the cooling system and allow refrigerant to leak. It is important to correctly position the equipment, ensure air circulation through the ventilation grilles and free space where it is essential for proper operation.
The operation of household appliances is associated with minor malfunctions and breakdowns: it is recommended to use the services of service centers and workshops in such cases. In some cases, self-maintenance is allowed.
Maintenance is troubleshooting work that does not repair or replace parts. These include programming modes, eliminating creaking, hanging and adjusting doors.
- competent defrosting in due time;
- cleaning the condenser grate;
- cleaning of the interior space;
- replacement of light bulbs;
- cleaning the hole for draining melt water;
- temperature setting.
Repair work is divided into simple and complex. Simple ones are carried out without depressurization of the cooling system and replacement of electronics. This is a replacement for the thermoregulation lever, light switch, door seal.
With a clear understanding of the process algorithm, you can deal with them yourself.
Complicated repairs include:
- work with electronic circuits;
- compressor replacement;
- work with the cooling circuit;
- fixing a refrigerant leak.
Complicated repair means working with electronics and depressurization of the cooling system. It is associated with risk. Even under warranty, such problems are not fixed at home: the equipment is taken to a special workshop.
Independent actions in the event of such breakdowns are impractical.
The manufacturer in the instruction manual lists the simplest work that is performed at home without the help of a specialist. Simple problems can be fixed by following the plan provided.
The repair technique is specific to each individual model. But there are similar problems that are eliminated by one algorithm.
The occurrence of an unpleasant odor is not associated with technical malfunctions: the problem appears when the rules for storing food are violated. If the owner does not follow the defrosting schedule and does not clean the surfaces in a timely manner.
The appearance of water in the chamber is a sign of a clogged drain pipe: it is easy to clean it.
The mechanical temperature controller often fails: the refrigerator does not turn on or off. This spare part is easy to buy and replace yourself at home.
Adjusting the doors of the refrigerator and freezer and re-hanging is easily done for models with this feature. If the door open-close signal turns on constantly, then the problem is a malfunction of the magnetic switch.
It is easy to eliminate the creak of the door on your own and replace the seal.
Refrigerators with a no frost cooling system often break down due to ventilation being blocked by snow caps. In this case, the ice is removed and air circulation is restored.
If the model has a display, it displays data on system malfunctions in the form of numbers, letters or indices. Decryption and acceptable self-correction measures are contained in the instructions.
Self-repair is unacceptable, involving soldering and refilling the refrigerator or working with electronics! At home, only simple mechanical operations, adjustment and maintenance are appropriate.
Spare parts that you can purchase and replace yourself include:
- door seal;
- light bulbs;
- shelves and containers.
If you have certain skills, it is permissible for the owner to replace the thermostat and temperature sensor, start-up relay, switches and switches, display.
You can buy a compressor, evaporator or condenser in stores, but replacing it yourself is dangerous!
Manufacturers of built-in refrigerators
Built-in refrigerators are a novelty in the Russian market. In terms of quantity and variety, there are fewer of them than stand-alone models. But thanks to this technique, it is possible to create an individual and organic interior. She becomes more popular.
Service centers are located in large cities of Russia, in Ukraine and Belarus and neighboring countries. There is a pleasant value for money. Budget models are presented. Energy efficiency class A and A+.
Built-in model: ХМ 4307. Differs in increased volume and reduced noise level. Warranty 3 years.
- Bosch. German group of companies, a major technology supplier.
Components, systems and spare parts for automobiles, tools, household appliances, equipment for space heating and water heating, equipment for industrial complexes, packaging units and security systems are produced.
Bosch built-in refrigerators are distinguished by their quality, modern equipment and a variety of additional functions. A 2 year warranty is provided. Energy class A++.
- Electrolux. Engineering company from Sweden, which specializes in the manufacture of electrical and gas appliances for the home and industrial complexes. The products come with a standard 12 month warranty.
The equipment is equipped with modern technologies, high quality and easy to use. A wide range of built-in refrigerators is presented.
Energy class A or A +, for the most high-tech models – G. Service centers are located in large cities and free repairs and maintenance are provided during the warranty period.
- Gorenje. Household appliances manufacturer from Slovenia. Products are represented by large and small household appliances, climate control equipment.
Gorenje built-in refrigerators are provided with a 2-year manufacturer’s warranty. Technical characteristics are different, the final cost of the equipment depends on them.
Models with drip defrosting and no frost system are presented, with a different set of additional functions, with larger or smaller dimensions. Assembly takes place in Slovenia.
- Hansa. A German company whose products are presented on the market of Russia and the CIS countries. Household appliances pass the European quality certification.
Built-in refrigerators belong to the energy consumption class A ++ – a good indicator of efficiency.
The manufacturer adds an antibacterial coating, a modern lighting system, touch controls, super-freeze and vacation modes. Warranty service is possible within 12 months after purchase.
Under this brand are produced:
Including lines of built-in appliances. The assembly takes place in Italy, Turkey, Russia, Great Britain, Poland. Warranty 1 year.
- LG. A company from South Korea, one of the leaders in the field of household appliances and electronics in the world market. It is engaged in the production of a wide range of products: from webcams and bread makers to shower systems. Presented in stores for a long time and enjoys the justified trust of customers.
The Asian assembly in this case is no worse than the European one. Models are high-tech and modern. The line of built-in refrigerators is more modest than other companies in terms of diversity, but is characterized by high quality equipment.
The company provides a year warranty and three years of free service.
- Liebherr. A German company specializing in home, industrial and mining equipment. It includes one hundred firms in 21 countries of the world. A family business: European-made models stand out for their quality.
3 year warranty from date of purchase.
- Siemens. German concern specializing in the production of a huge range of electronics, transport, medical equipment and technology.
Models assembled in Europe and the USA are of higher quality, assembly in China and Latin America is typical for budget options.
The warranty is 2 years, in addition, the company provides an opportunity to extend the warranty period up to 5 years for a surcharge.
Available in freestanding and built-in options. Recently on the European market. The equipment belongs to the economical energy class. Warranty 1 year.
Advertising from sponsors: //