The design of a kitchen studio with built-in appliances, which is gaining popularity, offers to make the interior of the kitchen elegant, without flaws and extra eye-catching items that often violate the design.
Standard refrigerators are no different from built-in refrigerators. This version is just as functional, contains the same characteristics.
The outer facade is made in a simple style and has nothing superfluous. Dimensions and dimensions have the same meanings as most: width 50-58 cm and depth 50-55 cm. Height – from 80 cm and reaches two meters.
To embed refrigerators over 2 meters, you will need a cabinet-pencil case.
The wall thickness has been increased to increase thermal insulation. The tightness of embedding (one hole for cooling the compressor and removing the accumulated hot air during the operation of the compressor-motor pair) provides for a technologically incorporated thickening of the thermal insulation.
The devices are assigned a class that indicates the desirable use of the device in the specified climatic environmental conditions for uninterrupted operation. Classification will help determine which model is suitable for use, taking into account the climate of the place of residence.
The subtropical, subnormal class indicates the temperature regime with tolerances (from + 10 ° to + 38 °). Manufacturers also assign several classes to one product. Proper operation in appropriate temperature conditions is the key to long-term operation.
Types of performance:
- single chamber.
A two-chamber refrigerator is a fully functional device that will keep food in the kitchen frozen and chilled. The classic version is a freezing chamber and a refrigerator compartment.
The single-chamber version is used for a specific purpose – only freezing or cooling.
Types of location of the freezer compartment:
- vertical top arrangement (“top”) refers to the standard version. The sequence affects the energy savings. The freezer in the upper part of the case saves up to 10% of electricity. The volume of the chamber reaches 200 l;
- vertical-bottom accommodation is called “combi”. The volume of such a freezer is up to 300 l;
- lateral the Side-by-Side arrangement provides a volume of up to 400 liters.
Refrigerators are produced with one common door and with separate doors for both chambers.
The subtleties of embedding
The first option provides for complete insulation with a facade made of wood or MDF. The only thing that can give out the location of the refrigerator is the technologically provided ventilation, which is located at the bottom of the built-in appliances.
The fully built-in option merges with the general background of the kitchen-studio, which looks stylish and without remarkable items in the interior.
The second type is semi-embedded. In this case, the frontal part of the equipment is not covered by the facade, but remains open and accessible for manipulation and settings. The panel of a semi-embedded unit is made with a display and a set of indicators responsible for the internal (processes occurring inside the chambers) and external state of the equipment.
The smart panel looks full-featured, making control and monitoring more accessible and practical.
Door hanging method
There are two ways to hang doors on the frame of a built-in refrigerator. The first is carried out by rail guides (the method is similar to the design and principle of retractable horizontal shelves of chests of drawers and cabinets of a furniture set), which slide between themselves. The disadvantage is that the gap formed in this embodiment contributes to the accumulation of dust.
The door opens 90 degrees, which creates discomfort in use.
The second way is the hinged fastening of the refrigerator doors. The frontal facade moves synchronously with the refrigerator door due to the hinges. This hanging option with an opening angle of 110°-115° looks more acceptable. You should also take into account the opening side of the doors and take care of the correct execution of the facade panels.
It is important to make the necessary measurements, which require care and scrupulousness. It is better to entrust this moment to professional installers of built-in furniture. Cabinet doors must match the dimensions of the refrigerator.
When making furniture, the manufacturer can start from the provided dimensions of refrigeration equipment, making a niche and a tray according to nominal dimensions.
Determines the operation of the mechanism.
- linear (discrete);
Standard – discrete type, works on the principle of forcing the desired temperature in the chambers, (set by the program) working at full capacity, and then turns off. The workflow consists of constant cyclic switching on and off.
Noise is increased. As for the noise level in modern models, its value reaches 40 dB.
When purchasing a unit, ask how noisy it is, look at the specifications and look at the manufacturer’s specification and the nominally declared number of decibels.
The inverter works according to a different specifics, without pauses due to changes in the intensity of work, depending on the temperature regime of the refrigerator and freezer and maintaining the desired values. It is more durable, as constant engine surges do not occur.
Such a compressor is less subject to wear of parts and is almost silent. Automatic temperature control saves electricity consumption.
- single compressor;
In a refrigerator with one compressor, it is not possible to defrost the chambers individually. The energy consumption of this model is more economical. Double-circuit cooling is assigned class A and A +.
Refrigeration equipment with a compressor for each chamber allows you to defrost both freezer and refrigerator separately. The cost of such a model is 20-30% higher than the model with one compressor.
When installing the refrigerator, do not forget about the ventilation holes. According to the design and mode of operation of the compressor, it needs to provide cold air supply and hot air removal. To do this, make special openings with a grid in the lower front and rear parts of the facade.
The valve installed to control the air flow is responsible for the normalization of the temperature regime of operation.
There are three types of defrosting:
- Manual defrost recedes into the past, like yesterday’s refrigeration equipment. Defrosting by forcibly turning off the refrigerator provides for a quarterly or semi-annual manual defrosting process, depending on operating conditions. This type of defrosting wins in price, but loses in practicality and labor intensity. This method will not work with the embedded version, since the facade panels are afraid of moisture, MDF may begin to collapse.
- No-Fost System positions itself as picky in use, does not give the user trouble in maintenance. Cold air circulates through the chambers, preventing frost and ice from accumulating on the walls due to the heating element located above the compressor. Water, flowing into a special container, evaporates through the outgoing heat of the compressor. The fan, which drives the air in a circle, creates additional noise, although it fades under the thickness of the panels. Products with this type of refrigeration should be stored in tight packaging.
- drip method can be found in modern refrigeration units. The automatic system works on the principle of ice accumulation on the cooling element of refrigerating chambers, forming ice. When the compressor is automatically switched off (less intensive operation), the accumulated ice begins to melt and the water, draining, evaporates due to the heat generated by the compressor.
How to use
Built-in refrigerators are produced with an electronic service panel in the form of a touch screen and with electromechanical control. The first model is more practical due to the subtlety of the internal mode settings.
The panel located at the top – with the necessary combination of programs for independent control of the freezer and refrigerator compartments.
The electromechanical control consists of a compressor power regulator. One controller per camera if they are independent.
The energy label is divided into classes. The letter A+++ means the minimum allowable energy consumption. Each star after the letter represents a 10% reduction in power consumption.
Additional features and features
- humidity control to keep food fresh for a long time;
- antibacterial coating inside the chamber will not allow bacteria and fungi to multiply if there is a spoiled product inside;
- tempered glass shelves are stronger and more reliable;
- audible alarms to warn of an open door, temperature drop and reboot.
Benefits of a built-in refrigerator
- more economical than stand-alone, stationary, visible units. The thickening of thermal insulation and the energy class make such a device attractive;
- small noise level. Inverter compressor (in some models), wood or MDF panels provide sound absorption;
- the built-in unit merges with the interior without violating the harmony of the design solution.
Advertising from sponsors: //