Budget bread makers
Soft and fragrant bread is obtained only with the help of a bread machine – a baking tool. With its help, they bake both ordinary bread and Borodino, wheat. You can also create your own recipes. Home-made does not include synthetic additives and dyes, so the product is healthy and pleasant to the taste.
Bread makers are arranged in the same way: an outer casing with heating parts, a bucket, blades for mixing the finished dough, a lid, a display with a control panel. The body is made of metal or plastic. The latter is cheaper, but less durable. From the inside, the structure is metal, the structure resembles an oven. There are heating elements on the walls – these devices heat the device.
Mix the dough with a spatula. It is included in the kit. The top of the spatula is coated with a non-stick coating.
The baking chamber is in operation. It consists of a heater, a clutch, a rotating mechanism. The latter turns the shaft. Before the process, a program is set, an operating mode is selected. The temperature is then monitored by a sensor. To get pastries, the mold is placed in the baking chamber.
The process is controlled – a viewing window has been created for this. The bread maker also has a display. With it, you can choose the cooking mode and baking methods.
Modern models have a capacity for raisins, nuts, dried fruits. These containers are necessary for baking Easter cakes, pies, muffins.
For molds with a non-stick coating, Teflon or fluoroplast-4 is used. It must be handled with care: do not scrape with an iron brush or washcloth. Bread is taken out only with a wooden spatula. The use of a knife is prohibited.
If you do not take care of the coating, it will deteriorate. Then, in the future, the bread sticks, loses some of its taste, and does not look aesthetically pleasing.
At the bottom of the mold-bowl is a shaft. A spatula is placed on it to mix the dough. After the process, the blade is removed. You can not leave it inside the finished baking.
How to choose a budget bread maker
- The weight. The mass of devices is from 4 to 10 kg. Heavy bread machines take up a lot of space, look bulky. They are suitable for a small kitchen. There are compact designs. Such models save space in the kitchen. Ready-made pastries weigh up to 1 kg. For bread, the place is prepared in advance. There are models with adjustable baking weight.
- Frame. Plastic fails if the bread machine is often used. Poor-quality plastic is harmful to health: when working with hot, it releases harmful toxins. Metal products are stronger, but also more expensive. They are heavier in weight.
- Power. The larger it is, the faster the baking process will go. The weight of the roll also depends on this. To get pastries weighing 0.5 kg, you will need a model with a power of 550-650 W, up to 1 kg – 650-800 W, more than 1 kg – 800 W.
- Protection. Models have protection against power surges and overheating. If the electricity is turned off, then the protection, after its supply, resumes the process. But the design cannot remember the process for a long time. Memory lasts only 10 minutes. There are units that remember the process for 40 minutes, but they are not cheap.
- Timer. Thanks to him, fresh baking is prepared every morning or at a certain time. There is a dispenser – a detail for laying additional ingredients. The device itself prepares bread from them.
Functions of budget bread machines
- quick baking. Suitable for quick breakfasts. The dough does not rise, so the cake is dense. Working time is halved;
- kneading. Yeast can be omitted. The dough can be of different consistency – the one you need is chosen using the control panel;
- crust. Optionally choose roasted, golden, light. You can do without the crust.
Additional features directly affect the price of the unit:
- sweets baking mode: sweet buns, pies. Add chocolate, fruits, raisins, nuts;
- making hard cakes;
- pastry from buckwheat, rice, corn flour;
- Borodino pie;
- cooking muffins without yeast;
- the use of wholemeal flour;
- baking with additives, dyes, flavorings;
- maintaining the temperature of the finished baking;
- making homemade yogurt.
The usual budget model only bakes bread. Inexpensive devices may also have additional features.
Pros and cons of budget bread makers
Standard. Easy to manage and inexpensive model. Loaves of bread are obtained weighing up to 1 kg. There is a standard crust selection function, there is a timer. If the electricity is turned off, the system remembers the program and is able to continue its execution for 10 minutes when the electricity is supplied. Within 60 minutes after baking, the muffin remains warm and soft.
Advantages: light weight, 12 programs, compact size. They bake bread and cakes.
Disadvantages: power only 600 W, no dispenser, plastic body.
- within 60 minutes, the muffin remains hot;
- there is a timer. You can postpone the start until 13:00;
- electronic control;
- there is a viewing window;
- the program is saved for 5 minutes if suddenly the electricity is turned off;
- non-stick coating;
- silent operation, compact.
- plastic case;
- low power (600 W)
- maximum roll weight – up to 1 kg;
- you can not cook jam, yogurt;
- few programs;
- only bakes loaves.
Budget, functional model. They prepare not only bread, but also croissants, muffins, buns. Control mode – manual You need to choose the baking time, kneading and type of baking yourself. The stove kneads the dough for pizza, dumplings, pies, noodles. The control panel is touch or push-button, the case is preferably made of metal.
If the electricity is turned off, most models save the settings for 10 minutes. Baking keeps warm for an hour. The device beeps when ingredients need to be added. Up to 12 programs are provided. Some models allow you to make jam. Cons: low power, you can not make pastries weighing more than a kilogram.
Small device. It has not only basic settings, but also additional functions: it can cook jam and porridge. Depending on the specific model, it contains up to 12 programs to choose from for making bread, cakes, noodle dough, jam. The case is plastic. Dimensions are compact.
There is a timer: you can postpone the start up to 12 hours. No bad smell, no noise. You can use ready mixes.
Disadvantages: low power, low weight of the finished roll. Do not cook products weighing more than 700 g.
A simple unit for beginners. Inexpensive budget device. Basic functions. Up to 12 programs, 3 ways to brown the crust, boil jam, keep muffin warm for one hour, 13 hour timer, non-stick coating.
Ready-made loaves have a weight of up to 900 g. As a rule, a glass for dough, spoons, and a cookbook are included in the kit.
Cons of the model: you can only cook bread. There are no functions for creating yogurts. Strong plastic smell (disappears over time).
How to use
The stove will work for a long time and cook delicious bread only with proper use. Internal parts are fragile and easily damaged. Remains of dough, ingredients and drops of water disable the parts of the bread machine.
Basic requirements for use:
- The bowl is not immersed in water. The shafts located at the bottom of the bowl are lubricated with oil. Contact with water harms these elements.
- Turn the bucket over before baking.and the shafts are turned by hand. Crumbs get into the mechanism: turning them over will remove them.
- The non-stick coating does not rub and do not brush strongly. It is rinsed with plain water. The blades sometimes stick to the mold: you need to pour a little water into it and the dough will immediately become soft.
- The new model is washed before use (blades and bowl) with a sponge and mild detergent. Then lubricate with any vegetable oil.
- Sift flour before baking: This will require a sieve. The product is washed well after use so that the flour does not clog the holes.
- The finished loaf is placed on a stand with holes. You can not put the bread directly on the plate. Condensation will form and one side will become wet.
- In order not to burn your hands, you will need potholders.
- children are not allowed to play with the appliance. Only adults work with the oven;
- if water gets on the device, it is immediately disconnected from the network, and the water is removed with a soft cloth;
- do not bake bread in the open air, in conditions of high humidity, near a source of fire or simply heat;
- place the oven on a hard, dry, stable, clean surface;
- regular cleaning of the unit from scale is required;
- a working stove cannot be left unattended;
- the operating device is not covered with a towel or other cloth. Because of this, overheating and fires occur;
- after work, the internal surfaces of the device are washed and wiped dry;
- if the product was bought in the cold season, then it must first be kept at room temperature for 3 hours;
- you can not independently repair, disassemble, diagnose, replace parts. All work is carried out only in service centers;
- do not put foil, fabric, paper inside;
- you can not act according to the instructions, experiment with the operation of the unit.
Work to eliminate breakdowns is carried out in service centers, so it is absolutely impossible to disassemble the unit yourself if there is no experience in such a matter. Whistle, rattle, bad smell, silence, water flow to the bottom of the working compartment should be alarming.
Budget models are subject to breakdowns due to improper or simply long-term operation.
- Bread is baked poorly or not cooked at all. Causes:
- failure of the heating element (tubular electric heater). In this case, the bread is not baked, it lies in a lump at the bottom of the compartment. The dough does not rise;
- the temperature sensor is not working properly;
- the programmer or the electronic board is defective, does not function.
- The paddle (torque mechanism) does not rotate. Causes:
- the engine is not running. This is easy to determine: there are no sounds inside the device;
- the belt has come off the pulley. The paddle turns too easily, which is unnatural.
- The paddle rotates with considerable effort. The reason is poor mechanics, low-quality mechanisms, spare parts, details. The problem is in the belt and lubrication. If the first one is tightened too much, the malfunctions will not stop.
- The dough is liquid, does not rise, the roll is watery. Reason: Too much water was added.
Troubleshooting by professional repairmen. If the model is under warranty, the repair is done free of charge. Electronics is a complex mechanism, so you have to diagnose and repair everything at once. It is necessary to take the stove for repair at the first sign of a breakdown.
Advertising from sponsors: //