Barbecue and barbecue
Camping is impossible to imagine without fried or smoked foods: vegetables, meat, sausages. They are easily prepared with the help of modern barbecue grills, barbecue grills and smokehouses, as well as universal devices.
Principle of operation
The principle of operation of the barbecue
It is a convenient device for frying meat, poultry or vegetables. Outwardly, it looks like a box with legs, where coals or firewood are laid. When the required temperature is reached, skewers are installed on the holders.
Products are cut into small pieces. Skewers are turned over manually or automatically. Designs are distinguished by individual features, but the process is the same.
The principle of operation of the barbecue grill
The design consists of a container for coals, on which a grate is placed. Most of the models are equipped with two layers of grating, a tray, a table, wooden handles. Devices are divided into stationary and portable, gas or electric.
In the presence of a lid, the barbecue performs the function of a grill: heat treatment is carried out from all sides, and cooking takes little time. Barbecue smokes meat, poultry, fish.
The principle of operation of the smokehouse
Hot smoking takes place according to the following method: products are laid out or suspended on the upper grate, sawdust is at the bottom. The smokehouse is tightly closed with a lid, a fire is made from below.
The duration of the process is from 2 to 24 hours. The smoking temperature reaches 120°. Structures are stationary and portable.
Types of barbecues and barbecues
Barbecues are devices for preparing dishes on skewers. They differ in the types of construction:
- with wheels.
In the country, it is recommended to mount a product made of stone or brick. It combines a brazier, a Russian oven, a fireplace, a grill, a brazier and a barbecue.
Device for frying meat, vegetables and other products on the grill. The device makes the cooking process easier, eliminates the need for stringing products on a skewer.
A huge variety of dishes are prepared on the grill, so small ingredients are also placed without problems on the grate.
The device smokes various products, such as meat or fish. It differs from other types of braziers with an additional lid, without which the desired concentration of smoke is not achieved.
Firewood (solid fuel)
Firewood is considered the most common material, charcoal is less commonly used. Solid fuel gives an aromatic smoke flavor that lovers of barbecue, barbecue and other dishes like.
But the cooking process is more complicated: it takes skill to start a fire and wait for the right time. A large amount of smoke makes it impossible to use the equipment indoors.
Fuel guarantees convenience and precise control. The mode of intensity of heating is regulated at any stage of preparation. But the cost of this equipment is more expensive, since the mechanism is more complicated, the search for fuel will also require additional efforts.
Raw materials are not suitable for smoking, where the presence of smoke is mandatory. Gas braziers can be used indoors.
Such devices consist of a heating element and are connected to the network. Some models are equipped with spirals installed in a glass flask.
Such devices are equipped with glasses to collect dripping fat; charcoal can be added for flavor. Used indoors, but tied to electrical outlets.
This includes barbecues and other devices that are disassembled into separate elements for ease of transportation. To use the device, the structure must be folded again. Such models take up little storage space.
This design, if necessary, is folded, and not disassembled into separate parts. It consists of an X-shaped stand, on which a box for coals is installed, and a suitcase, which is placed on top.
The design belongs to large-sized, moves with the help of wheels, is equipped with two additional supports. The principle of movement resembles a cart or a wheelbarrow.
Such models are suitable for stationary installation. The disadvantages of a mobile design are heavy weight and bulkiness. It is not intended for hiking and travel.
Portable design. The package does not include a box of coals. Camping model is a stand over the fire. This is not as convenient as using a full-fledged installation, but with a minimum of space, it is enough.
Rectangular or square
Standard form, popular among all types of products: barbecues, barbecues and smokehouses. The skewers are placed more rationally and sustainably.
The shape is typical for a barbecue grill. The brazier does not contain corners and joints, therefore it is considered the most reliable. But the usable area is smaller.
Advantages of barbecues and barbecues
Benefits of barbecue
- The perfect barbecue.
- Prices range from low to high.
- Large selection of accessories.
- Little weight.
- Long-term operation.
- The versatility of the device.
- A variety of models allows you to choose products for the home, powered by gas, not emitting smoke.
- The useful properties of the products are preserved. The dish turns out to be dietary, as it does not require the addition of fats or spices.
- A simple and natural way to process food.
Advantages of the smokehouse
- The structures are easy and quick to assemble.
- After using the device, there is no ash or ash left, as everything falls into the sump.
- Electric devices are economical.
- Simple repair.
- Environmentally friendly device.
- Most models are spacious.
- Stainless steel at the heart of the design makes the smoker resistant to moisture.
- Quick deformation of the bowl.
- Portable grills are unstable.
- Fried foods increase the likelihood of cancer due to carcinogens contained in smoke (this applies exclusively to meat).
- Special means for lighting a fire emit harmful substances that are absorbed by food. Even regular newspaper contains lead.
Disadvantages of smokehouses
- Inability to work in cold weather.
- Many models do not differ in attractive appearance.
How to choose barbecues and barbecues
When choosing, you need to pay attention to several nuances.
Equipping your own roof provides ease of use, but makes the structure larger and heavier.
Number of skewers
The criterion is important for barbecues with special recesses for skewers, since the number of possible food preparation places is limited. If there are no connectors, then as many skewers are placed on the brazier as the size allows.
Models with a wall thickness of up to 1 mm are intended for rare use, 2 mm are designed for frequent use, 3 mm are suitable for daily cooking and last a long time.
Cast iron is considered the most suitable material for making a brazier. It retains heat well, which saves fuel consumption. The design of the product remains unchanged for years. The disadvantage of the cast iron composition is considered to be instability to temperature changes.
Reliable options are made of stone or refractory bricks.
Such materials do not change under the influence of high temperature. Heat is retained, saving fuel.
Such models are afraid of moisture, so they need to be placed under a canopy or on a small foundation.
Stationary type metal devices weigh a lot, as they have thick walls.
Which is better
When choosing a device, consider its characteristics. The main ones are:
- full set;
- convenience, practicality;
- economical fuel consumption;
- simple assembly;
- ideal wall height from 13-14 cm;
- optimal size, weight, dimensions.
“Native” skewers fit the connectors on the box, the number most often corresponds to the capacity of the brazier, but sometimes spare ones are added.
The device is used in grills, barbecues, smokehouses.
Transformation into a suitcase
Some models fold into a container with a handle, making it easier to carry the device.
As standard, lids are included in the set of smokehouses.
Since the case is designed to carry all components, the risk of losing a part is reduced.
Additional surface for storing the necessary ingredients. Hot dishes taken from frying on the grill or smokehouse are put there.
Compartment / shelf for firewood
In solid fuel models, a separate shelf will allow you to place a supply of firewood. The cylinder in gas models is placed on a shelf, the use of a long hose is not required. The disadvantage of the shelf is the increased weight and size of the product.
Wheels for transport
The devices are placed on supports – 2 wheels and 2 stationary legs. This makes the product stable, the risk of displacement is eliminated. To move the device, it is enough to lift the edge with legs, which is much easier than lifting the entire structure.
The pipe significantly accelerates the removal of combustion products, which are removed from the working chamber by means of traction.
Models are equipped with various useful additions:
- Removable grid.
- Probe thermometer.
- Cauldron stand.
- Mangal cover.
- A shovel for inflating coals.
- BBQ grill set: fork, tongs, spatulas.
- Tray for cooking small pieces.
- Suspension for a frying pan, a cauldron.
- The holder of a cauldron, frying pans.
- Before the first use, the frying pan must be lubricated with vegetable oil and ignited.
- The fire is extinguished with a special cap, since the use of water leads to deformation of the walls.
- Do not load more than the required amount of fuel.
- Install the device on a level place.
- The temperature difference causes shape deformation.
- Avoid getting rain or snow inside the device.
- Store the device in a dry place or under a shed covered with foil.
After each use of the grill, cleaning is carried out:
- Wait until the appliance has completely cooled down.
- Remove accumulated ash.
- Do not use coarse brushes to clean the surface.
- Apply detergent to soften grease.
- Rinse the surface with water. Wipe dry.
- Lubricate metal structures with vegetable oil to prevent rust.
- Use appliances only for their intended purpose, and not for burning garbage, heating (if this function is not enabled by the manufacturer), drying clothes.
- Foreign objects must not be stored inside.
- Do not touch the surfaces of the product during the cooking process. To do this, use special tools, tacks.
- Closely supervise children near the appliance.
- Do not leave a working brazier, barbecue, smokehouse unattended.
- Do not install the device near flammable substances, close to trees or buildings.
- Not recommended for use in windy conditions.
- For ignition, do not use alcohol, gasoline.
- Do not carry the product with hot coals or ash.
- Do not use the device with defective parts.
The manufacturer gives a guarantee for the performance of the devices, subject to the rules of operation, safety measures, transportation and storage.
The warranty period for most products varies from 1 to 2 years. If the date is not set, then the period is calculated from the date of release of the product.
The warranty does not apply if the malfunction occurred due to the fault of the user, due to mechanical damage, weather conditions, natural disasters, exposure to aggressive substances.
The warranty does not cover fasteners, coatings, plastic and wood construction elements.
- The main problem of metal products is the wear of parts. They wear out and rust. In this case, it is necessary to replace the damaged element with a new one.
- Part breakdown. With the ability to use welding, you can fix some malfunctions yourself. Otherwise, replacement parts will be required.
- If paint has come off the surface, rust has appeared, the device cannot be used. It is required to clean the metal, remove rust and primer, repaint.
- In household grills, heating elements often fail, and the heating element needs to be replaced.
Manufacturers of barbecues and barbecues
Big Green Egg
The ceramic grill looks like a green egg. The device combines the functions of a tandoor, smokehouse, oven, grill. The device warms up quickly, after 10 minutes the device is ready for cooking.
The streamlined shape of the grill works on the principle of a pipe. Heats up well and retains heat. Design feature – protects coal from wind, rain, making the device convenient at any time of the year.
Brand products stand out:
- Quick readiness for use.
- Smooth temperature control.
- Economical consumption of wood chips.
- Convenient lattices for unloading, loading of products.
- Spacious trays.
- Long term manufacturer’s warranty.
Smokers Gurman are available in three sizes: from 2.8 to 4.8 kg. The large structure is foldable, but can be used in any form. The total weight of such a device is 6 kg.
Braziers from 5 to 7 kg include a smokehouse function, the number of skewers varies from 4 to 6. The design is equipped with a grill grate. Various non-separable options run on coal, firewood, gasoline, electricity, gas.
Features of smokehouses:
- smooth temperature control;
- low fuel consumption (1.5 cups of wood chips per process);
- individual packing.
Products are made in China. Grills of the company occupy a separate position.
Model BQS 3508 provides a floorstanding electrical appliance. Among the main features are a removable grill, drip tray, wind protection. The case does not heat up, so the product is safe, but stainless steel requires cleaning immediately after use. The process is fast paced.
Barbecue grills are easy to transport as they weigh only 3 kg.
An enterprise from Russia manufactures barbecues, barbecues and accessories. The range is represented by a wide line of inexpensive products for cottages and homes. A popular model is a brazier with a roof. The company also manufactures stainless steel smokehouses.
Grills are equipped with ribbed surfaces, non-stick ceramic coating. They are easy to clean by hand or in the dishwasher.
The electric grill consumes energy economically, as both sides heat up at the same time. Products adhere tightly to the surface, so even a thick steak is fried in minutes.
The lid is adjustable according to the size of the product. Some models are equipped with a control mode for each plate separately.
Represents a series of mangals. A novelty is an automatic barbecue grill for cooking meat, poultry, seafood, vegetables. The device is powered by a battery, which is not included in the standard package. The device folds into a suitcase.
The ceramic model consists of three collapsible blocks, which are removed as needed. The reduced version of the ceramic grill is not inferior in functionality, it serves as a barbecue, smokehouse, tandoor.
An interesting option is a brazier-transformer. It is compact, assembles in 10 seconds, weighs 3.2 kg. Indispensable for outdoor recreation.
Charcoal ceramic devices guarantee the preparation of culinary masterpieces. Particularly stands out is the twenty-year warranty, which is provided after the registration of the goods, since each product is marked with a unique number.
Furnaces are multipurpose, unite a role of a brazier, a grill, a barbecue, a smokehouse. Details do not give in to corrosion. The design feature is an oval shape, which guarantees a considerable usable area with compact dimensions.
The devices are economical – loading 5 kg of coal is enough for 36 hours.
Advertising from sponsors: //