8 types of air conditioners
Air conditioning in the summer creates conditions for a comfortable life and work of a person. However, with an abundance of types of air conditioners, it is difficult to choose the right option.
The device consists of 2-6 separate blocks interconnected by copper tubes. Separate indoor and outdoor unit. The external (compressor unit with condenser) is installed outside the building or apartment, and the internal (evaporator) is located in a suitable part of the room.
Depending on the number of indoor units, split and multi-split systems are distinguished.
The latter involves not one, but several internal structures at once, operating in separate rooms of one building. Devices are popular in office buildings, apartments and country houses.
As for split air conditioners, they have only one indoor unit, designed for one room. The power of the entire system directly depends on the power of the compressor. Therefore, the performance characteristics of the external unit also depend on the number of internal evaporators.
By configuration, the devices are divided into: cassette, channel, wall and floor.
Cassette sleep systems – mounted in a false ceiling, operate in cooling or heating mode with a minimum noise level. Due to their ceiling mounting, changing the operating modes is carried out via the remote control.
Channel split systems constructions allow you to air-condition several separate rooms at once due to the wiring of channels. The system consists of two blocks. The external one provides the inflow of fresh air, and the internal one through the distributing and supply air ducts provides air conditioning.
At the wall structures, the inner part is mounted on any wall, and for the floor system it is installed directly on the floor.
The degree of air conditioning and temperature characteristics, start time, and end time are adjusted using the remote control.
Additional functions – air ionization, purification and humidification.
The positives include:
- quiet operation – all operations are performed by an external unit, and internal devices operate with a minimum level of noise;
- the ability to connect several units, thanks to which they are popular in rooms for which one internal device is not enough to cool;
- functionality – equipped with additional options: air purification and disinfection, heating and additional humidification.
At the same time, some disadvantages of split systems are noted:
- relatively high cost – this is due to both the need for installation and greater power;
- when the external unit fails, the internal nodes stop working.
inverter air conditioners
Inverter devices are a type of climatic equipment, characterized by the ability to adjust the power of the compression engine, which increases productivity.
The inverter air conditioner maintains more precise operating parameters in comparison with air conditioners operating on a conventional compressor.
The principle of operation is the flexible operation of the compressor, which is able to quickly bring the air temperature to the set parameters, and then maintain it at the required level at reduced engine speeds.
This means that during operation there is no need to constantly turn off and on the compressor, therefore, energy consumption is reduced, noise level is increased and wear resistance and service life are increased.
Due to the absence of transient processes in the operation of the inverter, energy savings reach 20 percent compared to non-inverter installations.
Disadvantages of inverter air conditioners:
- sensitivity to voltage changes – power surges in the network cause a malfunction of electronic components;
- inability to start work at extremely low or high temperatures;
- the complexity of the repair due to the non-standardization of parts, therefore, in the event of a breakdown, repair is difficult.
Advantages of inverter air conditioners:
- quickly reach the set temperature and keep it. At the same time, the output speed is twice as fast as that of the non-inverter model;
- energy savings, which, among other things, reduces the load on the power grid;
- low noise level due to low compressor engine speeds. This applies to the operation of outdoor units.
The advantages of using inverter air conditioners are complemented by the durability of operation.
Air conditioners for allergy sufferers
A smart solution for people with allergies is to purchase an air conditioner with air filtration options. Such devices perform the functions of purifying and humidifying the air, freeing it from allergens – plant pollen, bacteria, household dust and other things.
A suitable option for allergy sufferers is a wall-mounted split system with an outdoor unit and fine filters that capture the smallest irritants.
Models for allergy sufferers are divided into types depending on the type of filters used:
- antibacterial – used to purify the air from allergens in the form of pollen, to suppress further growth and reproduction of bacteria;
- Plasma – has a wider spectrum of action compared to the previous version, since it destroys bacteria, viruses and mold. The filter does not require replacement – it is washed under running water and dried. A similar principle of operation for photocatalytic and nanofilters;
- Deodorant – suitable for people who are sensitive to smells. Eliminates odors from tobacco smoke, harsh perfumes, cosmetics, animals and more. At the same time, filters require regular replacement;
- Multi-stage filter – include the benefits of all filters, purifying the air from allergens, harmful chemicals and odors.
An additional plus in models for allergy sufferers is the ionization function, which saturates the air in the room with negatively charged ions, which makes it fresh as in the forest after rain or in the highlands.
Floor air conditioners
Floor conditioners are used, in cases when installation of standard models is impossible or undesirable. They are a kind of mobile structures that do not require installation, or a subspecies of split systems installed on the floor.
Air conditioners are used in rented premises or in buildings of cultural value, where any structural changes are undesirable.
Advantages of floor air conditioners:
- lack of installation – this is true for freshly renovated premises;
- conditional mobility for mobile models. The absence of installation means simple installation – you just need to choose a suitable place and connect the power supply.
If necessary, the air conditioner can be easily moved indoors or transported to another location.
- ease of maintenance.
Disadvantages of floor air conditioners:
- emitted noise – since such devices are in a refrigerated room, the characteristic noise of operation causes some discomfort;
- the space occupied by the room is critical for rooms where every square meter counts.
It is worth emphasizing once again that floor models are a type that is used when it is impossible to install the device. Therefore, disadvantages are a direct consequence of advantages.
Window air conditioners
Such air conditioners are the oldest varieties of models installed in window openings.
Initially, the devices were used in kitchens, where they cooled the air. Gradually, with the advent of two-block systems, window structures are losing popularity, however, due to their low cost, they are still in demand.
The device is a case in the form of a box, through the back of which heat is removed. Depending on the design, it is mounted in the window on special brackets.
The compressor motor has a cyclical type of operation, involving periodic switching on and off.
These processes are regulated by thermal sensors located inside the case.
Disadvantages of window air conditioners:
- noise – the engine is located inside the case. In new models, this issue is partly resolved, and they are quieter than older designs;
- decrease in the level of natural light – the device occupies part of the window opening;
- blowing in the winter due to low thermal insulation.
Advantages of window air conditioners:
- extractor hood – allows you to use appliances in kitchens in catering places;
- service life – due to the simplicity of the design, they will serve without exaggeration for 30-40 years;
- acceptable cost of purchase and installation.
Heated air conditioners
This type of climate control equipment is in demand among consumers, and many modern models are able to operate in hot-cold mode. However, most devices operate in the temperature range from -10 to +40 degrees Celsius.
Devices with the declared heating options are used only in light frosts, which is not relevant for regions where the temperature drops below -10 degrees.
Making a choice in favor of a split system for space heating, you should clarify in advance the temperature range of operation, because. It is this type of equipment that is particularly sensitive to frost. If the ambient temperature is below the minimum mark declared by the manufacturer, the air conditioners are not subject to operation, as they lose their performance and fail.
Some modern models can work at 30 degrees below zero and uninterruptedly provide rooms with heat.
These devices are equipped with a “winter road” and an inverter to maintain the continuity of the engine, since in this case there is no need to constantly turn the compressor on and off.
A window air conditioner also works on the principle of a fan heater, however, due to the simplicity of the device, it rather performs the function of a heater with a blower mode, for which extreme temperatures are contraindicated.
Among the disadvantages of models with heating, it should be noted the high cost compared to conventional devices that operate only in cooling mode, and the limited temperature range of operation.
And the obvious plus lies in the name – this is work in several modes selected according to the time of year. In addition, when choosing a split system with a heating function, noiselessness and durability of operation are added to the advantages.
In conclusion, it should be noted that mobile air conditioners also cope with the need to warm the room. In this case, the principle of operation corresponds to the essence of the work of a room heater, since the temperature in the rooms rarely drops to minus values.
Mobile air conditioners
The designs of mobile air conditioners are different – they are monoblock or two-block.
The monoblock design assumes only one block, which is installed in the required place. As for two-block devices, they are internal and external blocks interconnected by a flexible pipeline, while the external part is taken out of the room and does not require additional installation.
The main advantage of models is mobility, since they are easily moved from one room to another or transported. Air conditioners are equipped with remote controls and timers that allow you to delay the start and end of work.
From the standpoint of the presence of additional options, mobile models are in no way inferior to full-fledged static structures. They have ionizers, built-in filters for cleaning and regulating air humidity, etc.
In addition, two-block mobile air conditioners are characterized by a reduced noise level compared to monoblock models.
Disadvantages of mobile air conditioners:
- low power – suitable for cooling small rooms;
- the accumulation of condensate is a conditional minus, since it is explained by the fact that there are no pipes for the removal of condensed moisture due to the mobility of the installation. Therefore, it is necessary to periodically drain the moisture accumulated in a special container;
- relative noise of monoblock structures due to the presence of the compressor motor inside the housing installed in the room.
In any case, the ease of movement of such systems is the main advantage.
Home air conditioners
All types of air conditioners, depending on the intended purpose of use, are divided into industrial and household (home). The difference between home appliances and industrial ones is relatively low power.
When choosing a climate control device for your home, you need to decide on the functions that it will have to perform. Modern home systems can cool and warm the room, humidify, dehumidify, ionize and purify the air, ventilate the room and maintain the required temperature in it.
When choosing a home air conditioner, it is worth considering the most popular options, among which split systems are in the first place.
The equipment is able to provide cooling and air circulation in large areas due to the possibility of connecting several indoor air conditioning units.
Another significant advantage is a wide range of additional options. In addition, there are various modifications of the indoor units, which allows them to be mounted on the wall, on the floor or ceiling.
Less popular, but relevant – mobile devices. They are easily moved from one place to another, which allows them to be used where the need arose. At the same time, work is limited to a small radius of action due to the low power of the compressor.
An option that is losing popularity is window models. Most often they are mounted in the window frame and consist of one block.
Summing up, it is important to note that even the best air conditioner will not meet the expectations of the user if he chooses the wrong one. Therefore, as a matter of priority, it is necessary to pay attention to power.
It should be assumed that every 10 square meters of area with a standard ceiling height of 2.75 m corresponds to 1 kW of air conditioning power.
Only with such a calculation, the effective operation of these systems will be guaranteed.
Advertising from sponsors: //