6 Best Ceiling Infrared Heaters
Ceiling infrared heaters are panels mounted on the ceiling and work on the principle of solar thermal radiation. IR-type devices do not create a heat flux. Heating occurs due to heat transfer from surrounding objects, and not air.
How to choose a ceiling infrared heater
Ceiling infrared type devices are installed in residential buildings, in open areas, in greenhouses and in industries.
What are IR devices
There are IR devices for outdoor and indoor installation on the market. Manufacturers produce household and industrial models that differ in appearance, heating temperature and power. There are samples for rooms with a high level of humidity (saunas) and with explosion protection.
Ceiling-type infrared heaters are:
- with and without thermostat
- with open and closed coolant.
There are differences in the wavelength emitted by the device:
- shortwave, designed for rooms with a height of 6 m;
- medium wave – for objects 3-6 m high;
- long-wave – installed in rooms up to 3 m high.
Heating elements are:
- carbon fiber (heating occurs due to carbon filaments);
- quartz (heating is carried out by a tungsten filament);
- ceramic (the case of such a device does not heat up);
- tubular (heaters);
- halogen (the coolant is an inert gas, which is in the tube).
Manufacturers produce low and high temperature models. For small rooms choose dark samples (do not glow when heated) with low temperatures. For large production areas, light-type heaters are chosen. They are used in stadiums, warehouses, open marketplaces.
For greater efficiency of the ceiling-type IR heater, a thermal curtain is installed together with the device. It retains heat and reduces energy losses.
Advantages of infrared heaters
The efficiency of devices is 95-98%. The room is heated vertically, in the direction from bottom to top. Thanks to this, heat fills the room faster, energy consumption is reduced by 5-10% for each degree saved. The operation of IR devices does not require constant human control. They are cheap compared to other heaters. Since the ceiling systems are static and contain no moving parts, maintenance is minimal and no maintenance is required.
Also, IR heaters have advantages in comparison with other types:
- high heating rate;
- since there are no fans in models of this type, they operate silently;
- easy and quick to install;
- do not emit light;
- the possibility of heating a separate zone of the room is provided;
- IR rays have a positive effect on the body.
A relatively new type of equipment for space heating has a number of disadvantages:
- after turning off the room cools quickly;
- there is a limitation on the power of the heat flux (if it exceeds 350 W / m², the radiation becomes harmful to the body);
- paintings, objects made of artificial materials are not placed in the zone of action of the rays (they can be deformed when heated);
- when buying a ceiling appliance, take into account that the distance from the heating source to the person’s head must be at least 50 cm;
- installation on a ceiling made of materials that are not resistant to heat is not allowed.
Subtleties of choice
Depending on the heated area and operating conditions, the number of heaters is calculated. For a small room, one device is installed, for working in large areas – several. When choosing a model, a number of indicators are taken into account.
- Before choosing a ceiling infrared heater, determine on what area it should work. For industrial, office and warehouse premises of a large area, powerful light-type heaters are chosen.
- An important indicator is the condition of the ceiling. Beams, ceilings, tension structures must support the weight of the model.
- The height of the ceiling must ensure normal heat flow.
- Heat carrier type.
- For ceiling mounting, light models with an aluminum case, film devices are chosen.
- The presence of a remote control, overheating sensor, thermostat in the sample. With these devices, the maintenance of the model is simplified.
- Several models are installed on a large area.
Subject to the selection rules, the device will last a long time, and power consumption will be minimal.
Heaters are installed parallel to windows, doors, external walls. If you plan to install several devices, make a calculation to ensure uniform heating of the room.
One heater, mounted on the ceiling at a height of 2.5 m, operates on an average of 20 m². On sale there are suspended heaters and built-in models.
The best ceiling infrared heater with thermostat
Models with thermostats save energy. When installing several appliances on the ceiling, use one thermostat per room. The device controls the temperature, depending on the indicators turns the heater on or off.
The thermostat is built-in and remote. Manufacturers produce mechanical and electronic regulators. Mechanical has an accuracy of 0.5˚. The setting of the parameter is carried out manually. The electronic thermostat is equipped with a display that shows the performance. Temperature setting is carried out remotely, by push-button method or by touching the display.
The Pion model meets modern customer needs, including low power consumption and high heat dissipation. The specimen has a 120˚ beam angle, powder-coated aluminum alloy housing. The color palette is white and wood color. The manufacturer also produces the Peony Lux line. Models differ in color, power, equipment. Heaters are sold with or without a thermostat and wire.
The Pion Lux 0.4 Zh model plus a thermostat is low-power. It is mounted in bathrooms, pantries, bathrooms, hallways.
- power – 400 W;
- voltage – 220V;
- weight – 2.3 kg;
- working height – 1.8-3 m;
- work in winter – 4 m²;
- in the autumn / spring season – 8 m²;
- installed on ceilings finished with wood;
- overheating or underheating of the room is excluded;
- the device comes with a German thermostat;
- protection IP 54.
- the thermostat works after 1 s;
- temperature adjustment in the range of 5-30˚;
- high quality thermostat made in Germany;
- moisture resistance;
- setting the operating mode for a day or a week;
- light weight.
Minus – low power.
The best film ceiling heater
The film-type infrared device consists of:
- polymeric dielectric film;
- heating elements located on the surface of the film;
- wires supplying current;
- reflective screen.
The film consists of a non-woven fabric coated on both sides with a layer of plastic.
After connecting to a power source, the film heats up and radiates thermal energy. The heat flux is identical to solar radiation with a wavelength of 9 microns. The reflective film directs the flow of heat into the room. Film-type devices are used as the main or auxiliary source of heating.
Ceiling film heater “Zebra” is popular among consumers due to its high heat transfer and ease of installation.
- mains voltage – 220V;
- maximum power – 200 W / m²;
- weight – 500 g / m²;
- heat transfer – 100%;
- protection level – IP 44;
- thickness – up to 1 mm.
Due to the flexible surface, carbon film is used on embossed and other complex surfaces. Under such a heat emitter, a screed, adhesive base is not installed. The material is actively used in other areas of activity – drying food, trees, soil in greenhouses. Carbon film is installed in garages, offices, schools, residential buildings. Also film:
- does not take up much space;
- has temperature control;
- simply mounted;
- has a service life of 5 years;
- suitable for installation on columns;
- resistant to voltage drops;
- does not absorb oxygen.
- expensive heater;
- suitable only for insulated houses;
- to heat a large room, it is necessary to install a large film or several copies;
- to evenly warm the room, you need to choose the right place for the model.
Best Electric Ceiling Infrared Heater
Ceramic Ceiling IR fixtures consist of a coil surrounded by a ceramic sheath. They are protected from dust, moisture and temperature fluctuations. Due to the fact that the heating element is closed, it does not oxidize. The service life of such a heater is longer than that of other IR models.
One of the most popular heaters is ECS1 with spherical work surface.
- device type – dark;
- power – 1,000 W;
- action angle – 75˚;
- average temperature – 730˚;
- wavelength – 2.9 microns.
- does not glow during operation;
- heats a large area;
- long service life;
- resistant to chemicals.
- fragile body material;
- the heat source may fail if the heater is strongly shaken;
- available only in white;
- delivery and installation require care so as not to damage the device and coolant;
- an ECR reflector is required for efficient operation.
The best ceiling infrared heater for summer cottages
Best for outdoor installation Russian-made Almak model. The device has a beautiful body with rounded corners, it is easy to install. The manufacturer produces a wide range of products. Depending on the power, the weight, size and price of the device changes. On sale there are samples with a capacity of 500, 800, 1,000, 1,300, 1,500 watts.
For installation in the country, the compact model Almak IK-5 is suitable. This is a low temperature device designed to work in small areas.
- power – 500 W;
- voltage – 220 W;
- winter heating – 5 m²;
- work in the off-season – 10 m²;
- weight – 1.6 kg;
- color – beige, white.
- during operation, the case does not heat up (the model is suitable for wooden buildings);
- convenient for rooms with a lot of furniture;
- universal color and design – suitable for any style room;
- does not glow during operation;
- installed on the ceiling with a height of 2-2.3 m;
- low power.
Best Ceiling Infrared Heater for Home
Model IcoLine 0.4 occupies a leading position in sales in the territory of the Russian Federation. The long-wave device of domestic production does not emit toxic substances and odors during operation. There are no moving elements in the model, lubrication is not required for the emitter to work. Mounting and dismantling is easy. This is the optimal choice of ceiling type IR heater for home use.
- power – 400 W;
- winter heating – 4 m²;
- heating in the off-season – 8 m²;
- weight – 3.5 kg;
- White colour.
- universal pattern suitable for any room design;
- installed on a false ceiling;
- low power;
- low suspension height;
- no indication of device operation.
The best new generation ceiling infrared heater
Ceiling heater Ballu BIH AP 08 belongs to the semi-industrial type. It is installed in residential and industrial premises.
- operating power – 800 W;
- power consumption – 0.8 kW;
- voltage – 220V;
- radiation angle – 120˚;
- winter heating – 8 m²;
- additional – 16 m².
- universal, suitable for domestic and industrial needs;
- automatic shutdown in case of overheating;
- low price;
- there is moisture and fire protection;
- equipped with a two-layer reflective lining;
- the side parts are made of stainless steel, which makes the device resistant to mechanical damage.
No cons found.
A wide range of ceiling infrared heaters allows you to choose a model for use in specific conditions. Models for summer cottages, apartments or greenhouses are beneficial because they save resources. The emitters do not absorb oxygen, and additional ventilation of the room is not required during operation. If the operating standards are observed, infrared radiation has a positive effect on the human body.
Advertising from sponsors: //