10 types of coffee makers
Coffee tones, invigorates and energizes, brings bright colors to our lives. In many countries of the world, this drink is found everywhere. Each type of coffee is prepared at its own temperature and certain conditions. Coffee makers are used for cooking.
Geyser coffee maker
Operates by using steam pressure.
The composition includes containers for filling with clean cold water and the finished product. A special filter is installed between the containers, which is filled with ground coffee.
Geyser-type coffee makers are divided into conventional and electric. Unlike conventional (cooking on the stove), electric models are powered by the mains, automatically turn off and have the ability to prepare latte and cappuccino.
When heated, the water evaporates through the filter into the container for the finished drink. Passing through the filter, the steam is saturated with the taste and aroma of ground grains. The drink is ready when all the water has moved to the top bowl.
For proper preparation, you need to follow these steps:
- Separate the containers for water, prepared drink and filter;
- Pour clean cool water into the water tank up to the indicated mark;
- Fill the medium coffee filter. Do not pack coffee into the filter – the steam will not overcome its dense layer;
- Clean the filter rim from excess;
- Install a container with water, a filter and a cup of the finished drink and turn on the coffee machine in the electrical network or put it on an electric or gas stove;
- After filling the upper part, remove from the stove or wait for the electric model to automatically turn off.
- are designed to prepare a drink of a set volume. If you want to prepare two cups at a time, and the coffee maker is designed for four, you get exactly four (if the volume of water is reduced, the device may not work). Before buying, be sure to check what volume the coffee machine is designed for;
- made of aluminium, ceramic and stainless steel. Made of steel, reliable, durable and dishwasher safe. Aluminum specimens may give off a characteristic taste of aluminum until a coating of coffee oils forms on the walls of the upper container;
- the handle must be kept away from the body to prevent possible burns. The handle coating is non-conductive and has no odors.
Carob coffee maker
Cheap and easy to use, it only takes a few minutes to prepare.
The principle of operation involves the passage of steam through a filter with ground grains, poured into a special horn.
- carob coffee makers use plastic and metal horns. Models with plastic horns have only one advantage – they are cheap. Coffee makers with metal horns are more expensive, but they have more advantages. The metal horn warms up the coffee drink well. It is obtained with a rich pleasant taste and aroma;
- to obtain a quality drink, the power should be in the range of 1,000 – 1,700 watts. The optimum pressure for the horn is 9 bar, for the pump – 15 bar;
- make sure that the water is heated to a maximum of 95 degrees. Higher temperatures will spoil the taste of the drink.
The brewed coffee has wonderful taste and aroma. To preserve them, it is recommended to warm the cups before use.
- installed cappuccinatore. Some coffee machines prepare milk foam. To do this, they are equipped with cappuccinators;
- pod coffee. On the market you can find already packaged portioned ground grains. Using a pod, you free yourself from the need to measure the amount for filling. In addition, the horn does not need to be cleaned and washed. It is very convenient if the coffee maker uses a pod, although this is not economical;
- safety valve installed. Designed to relieve excess steam pressure;
- indicators. Not necessary, but they help keep the coffee maker in working condition for many years. The water level indicator will not allow you to turn on the coffee maker if there is little or too much liquid in the tank. The temperature indicator will automatically turn off the device if overheating occurs;
- second pump. A conventional coffee maker is equipped with one pump, which is responsible for creating the necessary pressure for making a drink. The second pump allows you to prepare two cups at once.
drip coffee maker
For large quantities.
A glass flask with a capacity of one liter is used. Cold water is poured into it. The filter is a cone. Ground grain coffee is poured into it. When heated, water rises through a special tube into the filter. The coffee is brewed in the filter and then drips back into the coffee pot.
After evaporation of the entire volume from the coffee pot, it automatically switches to the warming mode. This keeps the drink warm for a long time.
- drip coffee makers are relatively cheap, they are equipped with plastic filters. They can be washed multiple times. One plastic filter is enough for the entire service life. Paper filters are also used. They can be purchased separately. The paper filter is used only once, after which it is discarded. There is a reliable metal filter on the market, but it is much more expensive than the rest;
- the coffee maker must have a strength setting function. If the steam passes quickly, the drink will not be strong, and the aroma will be weak;
- the glass coffee pot is the most common. It is convenient, through the glass you can see the amount of the finished drink. The disadvantage of a glass coffee pot is that it breaks easily. The metal coffee pot does not break, it is durable. The thermos coffee pot keeps coffee hot for a long time;
- drop-stop protection system, which is equipped with all drip models, will allow you to pull out the coffee pot for a short time (2 minutes) and pour coffee into a cup. Some models are equipped with an automatic shutdown function. The timer is set for the amount of time after which you need to turn off the heating of the coffee pot. If the thermos pot is not in use, the coffee will cool down quickly.
Capsule coffee maker
For making coffee by using ready-made capsules. The capsule contains ground coffee. The capsule itself is made of plastic and sealed with foil.
The capsule is installed in the coffee maker. After turning on the device, holes are formed in the capsule. Through them, under pressure, the contents of the capsule are washed out with water. The drink is filtered and fills the cup.
- for cooking, you need capsules and a couple of minutes of free time;
- small size and weight allow to place in conditions of limited footage;
- no need to clean. Periodically wipe it from dust and remove scale.
- taste can be compared with soluble. Will appeal to unpretentious lovers;
- there is no single standard in the production of capsules. This means that you are tied to the manufacturer of the capsule coffee maker, because only they make capsules for their models;
- to use constantly is expensive. The reason is the cost of the capsules.
- power. Determines the intensity of the aroma and the speed of cooking. A power of 900 W is enough to get a quality drink;
- pump pressure. Determines the rate of washing out of ground coffee from capsules and its saturation. The pump pressure must not be lower than 15 bar;
- container volume. In order not to add water, choose a model with a water tank of about 1 liter;
- Useful features. To simplify use, additional functions are built into it: a timer, a waste tank, a pressure gauge and others.
Turkish coffee maker
The principle of preparation does not differ from the classical one. The advantage is that there is no need to follow the foam. At the end of the process, it will automatically turn itself off. Includes one or two containers for coffee – Turks.
The model has a heating element. A Turk is installed on it. Light and sound indicators help to determine readiness.
To prepare, we take a Turk, pour ground coffee, sugar and spices into it, pour water. We put it in the coffee maker. Cooking takes 2-3 minutes. After the characteristic beep sounded, we take out the Turk and let the drink brew. Undissolved parts will settle to the bottom of the Turks.
For preparation, coffee is used very finely ground (to dust), otherwise the foam will not work.
Cappuccinatore coffee maker
Cappuccinatore – a special nozzle attached to the steam tube. To prepare a cappuccino, milk and cream are used, which are whipped until foam is formed.
- Mechanical (panarello). Coffee makers are equipped with a special bowl into which milk is poured and whipped until foam is formed using a panarello nozzle under the influence of a jet of steam. After that, the foam is poured into a cup with a finished coffee drink;
- Automatic (auto cappuccinators). They are divided into two types:
With outlet nozzle.
The coffee maker is completed with the nozzle departing from a steam pipe. The nozzle is lowered into the container and the milk supply is turned on. In this case, coffee and foam are prepared separately. The downside is the impossibility of making cappuccino with one touch. It is also impossible to adjust the density of whipped foam. The advantage of this option is its cost;
With milk container.
The coffee maker is completed with a glass in which milk is poured. When you press the cappuccino button, the program automatically prepares it. Sometimes even the most advanced are not able to properly prepare a cappuccino. A small number have full automation of preparation, but are expensive.
Automatic coffee maker
Full cycle coffee maker. There are models for home and for professional use in bars, cafes, restaurants.
Grain grinding. The devices are equipped with coffee grinders that are able to perform fine and coarse grinding. Expensive models, in addition to the degree of grinding of grains, offer to choose a variety;
grain consumption. Depends on the capacity of the block for grains and the sensor that reads their number in the block. Owners of automatic coffee machines often face the problem of incorrect sensor operation. During the grinding process, the sensor gives a signal about the lack of grains. The ground coffee powder is sent to waste or poured onto the coffee dispensing unit.
If you encounter a similar problem, you can solve it by sealing the gap in the bean block, thereby turning off the sensor. The disadvantage of this situation is that you yourself will have to control the level of grains.
Take a closer look at models with high-precision sensors. They are more expensive, but the probability of correct, trouble-free operation is higher.
Location of compartments and containers. Top-loading coffee makers are considered the best;
Control unit device. Coffee makers have simpler buttons and relays, complex models have a touch screen. There are applications on a phone or tablet that allow you to control the operation of the coffee machine;
Additional devices. Coffee makers are equipped with additional accessories, a cappuccinatore, a lift for cups;
Care. A well-thought-out and designed coffee maker helps the owner with cleaning. Light and sound indicators notify of the fullness of the waste compartments and the need for cleaning.
Coffee maker with built-in grinder
The beans are ground in a coffee grinder. It is a tank with sharp blades. Number of blades from 2 to 4.
The grinder sets the degree and duration of grinding. The number of degrees depends on the quantity and quality of the blades and their sharpening.
Some models of coffee machines with coffee grinders allow you to adjust the amount of ground powder in servings.
There are models with a built-in coffee grinder that regulate the preparation of a drink remotely, from a smartphone or tablet. To do this, the grains are filled, and the remaining parameters are set at a distance. The program will let you know about the readiness of the drink with a characteristic signal.
The overwhelming majority of coffee makers with a built-in coffee grinder are designed according to the principle of operation of geyser and carob coffee makers.
Coffee maker with timer
The presence of a timer makes it possible to program cooking for a user-defined time or set automatic heating.
The main requirement is the presence of water and grains in the tanks. The rest will be done by the time indicated on the timer.
Not all models have a timer. Most of the devices are in the middle price range and above. Modern coffee makers with a set timer are automatic.
Induction coffee maker
Used on an induction (electric) stove.
The basis of the model is made of alloys with ferromagnetic properties. This allows it to interact with the surface of the plate.
In fact, an induction coffee maker is a geyser model with a ferromagnetic base.
It is completed with containers for filling with clean cold water and for the finished drink. A special filter is installed between the containers, which is filled with ground coffee.
When heated, water evaporates through the filter under the action of steam pressure into the container for the finished coffee drink. Passing through the filter, the steam is saturated with taste and aroma.
- Disassemble into: water container, for brewed coffee, filter;
- Pour clean cool water into the lower part up to the indicated mark;
- Fill the medium coffee filter;
- Clean the filter rim from excess;
- Assemble the coffee maker and put on the stove;
- After filling the upper container, remove from the stove.
- The size. Designed to cook a certain volume.
- Material. Made from stainless steel, aluminum, cast iron, ceramics. Steel coffee makers are reliable, durable, they can be washed in the dishwasher. Ceramic coffee makers are beautiful, light, but break more easily;
- Pen. The material of the handle must be odorless.
Among coffee makers there are simple and inexpensive models available to everyone – these are drip and geyser models. They are suitable for lovers of not strong coffee, in large quantities.
The drip coffee maker is ready for reuse immediately after the cycle is completed. In the case of a geyser coffee maker, you will have to wait, as it needs time to cool.
There are also automatic models that are equipped with additional functions of a timer, preliminary laying of grains and others.
Capsule models are suitable for people who do not like to wait. Ready ground coffee is placed in a sealed capsule, which is installed in the coffee maker. Capsule coffee makers are relatively inexpensive because the manufacturer makes money from coffee capsules.
Automatic coffee makers belong to the middle and higher price range. A coffee grinder and additional options are built into them.
Not necessarily an expensive model with a huge number of incomprehensible buttons and settings will brew coffee better than a simple geyser or carob coffee maker. Additional settings help to facilitate, automate the process. You just need to learn how to use them correctly.
Inexpensive, easy to operate and unpretentious in operation, drip, geyser and carob models of coffee makers have gained popularity among coffee lovers. The rest of the variety is suitable for aesthetes, gourmets or specialized establishments.
Advertising from sponsors: //