Soft toys are loved not only by children, but also by adults.
These are warm, pleasant to the touch, bright and colorful products that give kids positive emotions, activate sound, tactile and visual receptors, teach them to perceive the outside world and communicate with it.
Types of soft toys
- Classic. Made in the form of animals and people. For production, natural and synthetic materials are used, different in texture and color.
Thanks to simple soft toys, the child learns the world, develops tactile sensations, and forms positive emotional responses.
- Developing. These include game complexes, hanging carousels, game panels, developing mats. Such models differ in small dimensions and colorful shades.
Designed to develop color perception and tactile sensations of the child.
- Soft rattles. They are made in the form of ordinary textile rattles. Special mechanisms are sewn into such models that rustle, squeak or rattle when shaken. Rattles develop children’s sound perception, hand motor skills.
- Soft books. These products are covered with textile materials: knitwear, fleece, cotton. Instead of drawings, fabric applications are used, depicting environmental objects or demonstrating situations from life.
There are products with built-in sounding mechanisms.
- Soft Cubes. From traditional cubes made of plastic and wood, such models differ in environmental safety. The cubes consist of fabric-covered (faux fur, velor, knitwear, dermantine) foam rubber. Designed for building games for kids.
- Soft balls. Models are designed to improve the child’s coordination. The advantage of this type of toys is functionality and lightness. Balls develop the baby’s sports activity.
- Soft dolls. The basis is a glove, which is complemented by fabrics and accessories. Models are made in the form of animals, characters from fairy tales. First such a toy is mastered by parents, and then children.
- Soft musical. Outwardly, they are no different from ordinary toys. Their peculiarity lies in the presence of mechanisms built into the product. Models make different sounds: melody, rhymes, songs.
Finding a button to start the mechanism develops the baby’s thinking. Suitable for an interesting pastime and aesthetic education.
- Soft interactive. Built on the principle of musical toys and multifunctional. They talk, sing, dance. Musical and light accompaniment is often used.
Interactive products in the form of animals that can be fed and stroked are popular.
Classification of toys by age categories:
- from birth to 1 year;
- from 1 to 3 years;
- from 3 to 5 years;
- from 5 to 9 years old.
According to the material, they are textile and pile.
Textile products are made from:
- material (textile, pile coated);
- filler (synthetic winterizer, sintepuh, artificial fur);
- view (musical, interactive, soft dolls, cubes, books);
- size (height, weight);
- color (bright and neutral shades);
- accessories (jewelry, beads, sequins, buttons);
- built-in mechanisms (available / absent).
Functions: entertaining and developing (development of motor skills of hands, coordination, hearing aid, knowledge of the world).
Pluses of soft toys
- suitable for children of different ages;
- have high safety: they do not have sharp corners, hard edges that can hurt you;
- develop tactile sensations from early childhood;
- in the event of a malfunction, they are easily repaired;
- while playing, the child receives information about the outside world;
- practicality and functionality.
Disadvantages of soft toys:
- cause allergic reactions in children;
- well absorb dust;
- poorly washed, difficult to remove dirt;
- heavy in weight;
- products need careful care.
- unstable fastening of accessories;
- materials that are easily mechanically damaged and abraded;
- non-ecological filler;
- inaccurate seams;
- a strong unpleasant odor;
- large dimensions of the product, disproportionate to the height and weight of the child;
- unnatural appearance of animals;
- shedding and fading of fabric;
- sloppy tailoring.
How to choose a soft toy
- Before you buy a toy, rub it with your fingers. If traces of paint remain on them, the choice of this product should be discarded. Models of calm tones have a positive effect on the child’s psyche, black, gray and brown shades have a negative effect.
Poisonous paints will excite the nervous system of the baby and irritate the eyes. High-quality soft things have no smell.
- Pay attention to the size of the toy. The functionality and practicality of the object is important: the child must independently carry it.
Huge models can scare the baby, and tiny ones can get lost. For a comfortable game, products from 10 to 40 cm in height are needed, the optimal weight is 100-400 grams.
- Examine the quality of tailoring a soft thing. The seams must be made correctly and neatly, without protruding threads. Before buying toys with a frame, feel them. If prickly or sharp parts are not found, you can purchase the product.
- It is important that the filler (synthetic winterizer, artificial fur, synthetic fluff) is evenly distributed. Models on synthetic winterizer may contain harmful formaldehyde resins.
A good option is a filler made of granules that will retain heat and develop tactile perception.
- When choosing rag models, look at the material, especially if the child sleeps with a toy. It should be natural (cotton, linen, wool) and pleasant to the touch. Synthetic substances cause allergic reactions.
- Pay attention to the strength and length of the pile. Models with a long pile collect dust and harmful microorganisms, cause allergic reactions.
You should choose soft things with a pile length of no more than 4 cm. To check the strength, gently pull the fiber. If there is pile on your hands, you should not purchase the product.
- For babies who are not yet six months old, buy things with a lint-free coating. Models from cashmere, fleece, knitwear are suitable. For older children, buy velor, velvet, plush animals.
- Children over 3 years old can choose models with small details (beady eyes, jewelry, buttons). See how firmly these elements are sewn on. Fastening must be secure.
- The muzzles of animals must be made of plastic, PVC materials are dangerous for the child. To check the quality, touch it with your hand. Plastic is hard and cold, while PVC parts are soft and warm.
- The appearance of the animal should be as close as possible to the real view (except for the size of the animal). Buy only toys of natural coloring, because through them the baby learns the outside world. It is important that the muzzle is cheerful and kind.
- Be sure to look at the product quality certificate, which indicates the country of origin, age restrictions, expiration date and care recommendations. The product must comply with the requirements of GOST or international standards EN71 and ISO 9001.
- It is desirable that the child was present at the time of purchase. Let him choose a toy to his liking, but without sacrificing quality. Consider the gender, age and preferences of the baby.
Which is better
The best soft toys:
- have a natural appearance;
- made from natural fabrics that do not fade and do not wear out;
- have durable fittings that are firmly held on a fabric basis;
- with a short pile that absorbs a little dust;
- proportionate to the height and weight of the baby;
- environmentally friendly;
- pleasant color that does not irritate or tire the eyes;
- with high-quality tailoring and without protruding threads;
- practical and functional.
- It is recommended to wash toys in the washing machine on a delicate cycle using baby detergents. The number of spins is minimal, the temperature is 30-40 degrees.
Turn on the extra rinse function, this will thoroughly wash the powder.
Before washing, check the label to see if this procedure is allowed for this product.
- Items with fittings and models made of dissimilar materials (with metal inserts) are washed by hand. For manual cleaning, use brushes, sponges, cloths and warm soapy water.
Dilute the detergent in warm water, then dip the toy so that wetting is minimal. Clean the item with light movements so as not to cause mechanical damage.
- Dry items in the sun or near heaters. It is best to place them on a horizontal surface (table, window sill) or hang them on a clothespin.
Knitted products should not be hung on a rope so that they do not deform, and the fabric does not shrink. It is recommended to dry them on a towel placed horizontally.
- You can clean the toy from dust with a vacuum cleaner using a nozzle for upholstered furniture. To prevent the product from deforming, set the minimum suction power.
- If the child is prone to allergic reactions, it is recommended to clean the material using a washing vacuum cleaner. In this case, the contaminants are removed in dry cleaning using a special environmental technology.
- Disinfection in the freezer is another cleaning method. Low temperature conditions save things from dust mites and germs. To do this, put the toy in a bag, and place it in the freezer.
At a temperature of -10 degrees, cleaning will take a day, if the temperature reaches -18 degrees, then several hours are enough. This procedure is carried out once a month.
- Special care will be required for products with a music block. If the mechanism can be removed, the toy is washable. Otherwise, do not allow moisture to get on the thing. Musical models can be wiped with a cloth or vacuumed.
- Another way for products that cannot be washed is soda cleansing. To do this, place the toy in a plastic bag, fill it with half a pack of soda. The bag should be tightly tied and shaken for 3-5 minutes.
After the procedure, remove the soda with dust and dirt that remains on the product. The disadvantage of this method is the long-term preservation of a third-party smell.
- After washing, check the products for damage, pay attention to the integrity of the seams.
- If someone in the house has caught a viral disease, remove all soft toys from the room for a while. Be sure to clean your plush animals.
- If the child constantly sleeps with a soft toy, treat it with a quartz lamp.
- Children under 3 years old should not buy products with small parts. Babies at this age tend to put everything in their mouths.
- Do not let your child play with old things, they are dyed with an unsafe dye – lead.
- Make sure that the details are tightly sewn on and that the soft toys are not torn. Broken products must not be used.
If the frame is palpable, send the item in for repair. This is not safe for the health of the child. If the seams come apart, carefully stitch them with a sewing machine so that the filler is not visible.
- Regularly clean the products from dust and dirt, wipe them with a damp cloth every 1-2 days. Otherwise, there is a risk of causing allergic reactions in the baby.
- Make sure that each item is in its designated place. This will provide additional safety for the health of the child.
Products are guaranteed for 14 days after purchase. To do this, you will need to present a valid warranty card. The product can be returned or replaced with a new one if there is a manufacturing defect and the following conditions are met:
- there are no signs of use on the product: scratches, chips;
- the integrity of the packaging of the goods is preserved, its complete set;
- the buyer has a sales receipt.
The warranty is not provided in such cases:
- if the product shows signs of mechanical damage;
- in case of non-compliance with the rules for the use of goods;
- unqualified repair of the product was carried out;
- the natural wear and tear of the goods is visible;
- traces of exposure to chemicals are visible;
- with a clear deformation of the model.
Without the warranty card and sales receipt, the warranty is not provided.
Manufacturers of soft toys
This is a company that produces soft toys-characters of a computer game. Inside the products – small granules of polystyrene. Products are made of high quality and environmentally friendly materials. Products are certified according to international standards.
Korean company, production is located in Indonesia and China. Products are represented by several hundred units of goods. Among them are pillow toys, soft products in the form of handbags, musical models attached to the stroller.
The kid learns to distinguish colors, different shapes of figures, improves tactile sensations. Special models for infants have been developed.
The advantage of products from Aurora is fur, which does not give in to pollution and practically does not accumulate dust. The filler is a synthetic winterizer, which ensures the preservation of the shape.
Products are made from environmentally friendly materials. They can be washed at a temperature of 30 degrees with different types of detergents.
- dilly Dallys,
- Okee dokee,
- pet carriers,
- Mini Pet Carriers,
- Aurora Babies,
- Aurora Naturally (Eco Plush),
- Yoohoo & Friends.
Goods are certified according to international standards.
Russian brand that produces soft toys and children’s clothing. The products are presented in fashionable models: jeans with holes, comfortable shorts and T-shirts, skirts, sweatshirts, sweatshirts with a hood and long sleeves.
These are functional things for work and home, sports and school activities. Since children love outdoor games, the focus is on simplicity and ease of use.
Models with bright colors are presented, things are decorated with drawings. The company’s products are safe for children’s health, as they undergo rigorous certification. The price corresponds to the quality of the products.
The company specializes in the production of cartoons for children, is engaged in the production of children’s goods: toys, clothes, shoes. Suits and pajamas, shirts and dresses, socks and T-shirts are presented, among accessories there are sunglasses.
Things are decorated with applications of favorite characters from “The Adventures of Nemo”, “Winnie the Pooh”, “The Lion King”, “Cars”.
Models of the brand are distinguished by practicality, originality, convenience. Natural fabrics are used to make clothes. Products develop the mental and physical abilities of the child, contribute to the development of hand motor skills and sound perception.
The child learns to explore the world on his own through communication with his favorite characters.
The company’s products are made of environmentally friendly fabrics with an original design. Models with stylish looks, bright handbags, red hats, gift collections, key chains and pillows are produced.
The assortment includes classic, youth, automobile, children’s and gift models.
The technologies that are used in production comply with international standards and have a high level of safety.
The company specializes in the production of soft toys in the form of animals. Products differ in different heights (from 5 cm to 4.5 m) and are sewn by hand. They have high environmental friendliness, are simple and convenient in leaving.
For the manufacture of goods, durable materials are used that are not amenable to fading and deformation, so they will last a long time with proper use.
Products are represented by goods with an unusual design and high quality. For production advanced technologies are used. Among the goods are popular plush elephants, bears, lions, penguins, horses.
With such models, the child will develop mentally and physically. The products have the necessary quality certificates.
An Italian company that has been manufacturing soft toys for 50 years. The advantages of the products are recognition, safety and quality. Models of the company do not accumulate dust, do not give in to mechanical damage.
They are made of environmentally friendly materials, hypoallergenic. The company guarantees the quality of goods, meets international standards.
The brand’s products are represented by the following series:
- Beanie Babies,
- Beanie Buddies,
- Ty Classics,
- ty girls,
- Bow Wow Beanies.
Inside some models there are small plastic granules that develop hand motor skills in a child. For the manufacture of hypoallergenic materials and safe dyes are used.
A distinctive feature of the company’s models is bright eyes that attract not only the baby, but also adults. Production is certified, conforms to the international standards.
Advertising from sponsors: //