Review of 6 types of the best children’s bikes
When your child grows up, there is a need for additional transportation for the baby, especially in warm weather. Based on some recommendations for choosing a bike, you can easily buy what you need at the moment.
How to choose a children’s bike
Child’s age and physical development
Each age category has its own types of bicycles:
- Three-wheeled models are suitable for two-year-old babies, which are more stable. Such designs allow the child to quickly learn to ride.
- Three to four years old. Models are equipped with full wheels and two additional side wheels. Also important is the presence of protection on the handlebars to soften head impacts.
The bike should be equipped with a chain guard to keep dirt out of the chain. The saddle should be soft and durable. The frame is usually low so that it is easy for the baby to sit down.
The speed in the children’s bike is only one, the brake is rear, the wheels are 12 inches.
- From four to six years old, with a height of about 100 centimeters, units with four wheels are suitable for children, where two of them are safety, attached additionally to the rear axle.
The wheels are installed with a wrench on the axle of the rear main wheel and then fixed by the rear stays. Their main function is to protect against collapse.
- Children between the ages of six and nine need two-wheeled mobility aids that are similar to adult models, only smaller and lighter.
Several additional features appear: a wheel diameter of 20 inches, a handbrake, several speeds and a suspension fork. The height of the child for this category should be in the range of 115-128 centimeters.
- Adolescents nine to thirteen years old. The height of the child for this category should be in the range of 126-155 centimeters. With growth up to 135 centimeters, the diameter of the wheels is chosen 24 inches, if the child is taller, then the wheels need 26 inches.
There are rear and front brakes, as well as shock absorption.
According to growth indicators, the dimensions of the bicycle frame and the diameter of the wheels are selected. You can find out which wheels you need using the formula: height is divided by 2.5, then the resulting number is divided by another 2.54 (this is a conversion to inches).
The diameter can be: 10, 12, 14, 16, 20, 24. The distance from the seat to the frame should be from the fingertips to the elbow.
- Fitting. Before buying, you need to test the unit in operation, that is, ride, sit on it.
- Convenience. It is important to take into account one more point, so that the distance between the frame and the crotch is about ten centimeters, so that you can jump off at any time without interference even when moving.
- Adjustment. The handlebar and saddle must be adjusted to the rider. Feet should be free to reach the pedals so that you do not have to bend and strain. Hands should reach the steering wheel without tension and additional efforts.
- The right choice of store. It is best to purchase such goods in specialized sports stores, where specialists understand all the details and can give you proper advice on choosing children’s transport.
- Your child’s opinion. Let the child make a choice on his own, let him evaluate the unit according to all its characteristics.
- The quality of the connection of elements. Check the strength of the bike, if any parts are loose or you doubt the proper quality of the product, choose another option.
- The presence of a trunk. This detail can be a kind of addition where you can put toys or things of the baby.
- Product color. The color is chosen only by gender, dark colors for the boy, bright colors for the girl.
- Manufacturer. The company that produced the children’s bike does not play a role for parents, especially when it comes to cost.
- Date of manufacture. It doesn’t matter when a product in this category was made, bikes have a shelf life of years. Older models can even cost less than new ones.
- Call. The bell is necessary in order for the cyclist to be noticed on the road while driving.
The best children’s bicycle with a handle
A product with a handle is convenient because the parent controls it, and the child just sits and helps to move a little or rests, watching the environment.
The best in its category is the Family F 95922 model from an Indonesian manufacturer for babies from a year old. The colors of this group of goods are different, blue for boys, pink for girls.
- In addition to the handle for parents, the bike can be controlled using the steering wheel.
- Three-wheeled type, additional safety wheels are not provided.
- The seat is equipped with an anatomical backrest and seat belts.
- There are two baskets for small items. One is located behind, and the second in front in front of the steering column.
- Depreciation system of telescopic type.
- Wheel diameter is 22 inches, these elements are made of durable plastic.
- The weight provided for this unit is 18 kilograms.
- There is no bell, but it can be purchased separately and attached to the desired location.
- Footrests are provided so that the baby can rest at any time and not pedal while driving.
- The removable awning looks stylish, in addition, it protects the child from the sun and rain.
- Light music with Russian songs from cartoons.
- On the front panel there is a musical toy in the form of a duck under a dome, so the bike is not only a transport, but also a fun toy.
- The telescopic shock absorber provides softness when driving over bumps.
- The light weight of the design allows you to effortlessly carry the bike if necessary.
- The awning protects from sunshine and from unforeseen small rainfall.
- Rides silently, without causing inconvenience to others.
Cons of the model:
- When turning the control knob, it is not very convenient to turn it when driving on an uneven surface.
- It is recommended to ride only on a flat road, as the pedals are very low.
The best children’s bike stroller
A sidecar is an adult bike to which a sidecar seat is attached. It is easy to operate such a unit, and the child is safe. There are models for one child, there are for twins.
Taga Bike-Stoller is considered the best in this category of products.
If necessary, this model can be redesigned by lightly pressing the levers into a stroller and driving in the already familiar mode.
- Three wheels ensure the stability of the structure. The wheels are 22 inches in diameter and are very light and strong.
- Several containers and baskets for storing and moving small things, which is very convenient when walking with children.
- The wheels are durable with rubber tires with a diameter of 16 inches, made of aluminum alloy.
- The steel frame ensures the stability of the structure.
- Switching speeds on the handles.
- Brake system with manual drive on two front wheels.
- A seat belt is provided.
- The manufacturer offers three colors: red, blue or yellow.
- The kit includes a visor, rain cover, mosquito net, bell and bag under the chair.
- The ability to transform a bike into a stroller and vice versa. The time to change the appearance of the product takes no more than twenty seconds.
- Physical activity on walks. When pedaling, the muscle groups of the legs are involved, which will allow you to have a beautiful slender figure.
- Good transportability. On such a bicycle transformer, you can ride both on asphalt and off-road.
- Possibility of attaching an additional seat for a second child. You do not need to buy another unit, it is enough to purchase only the second seat and fasten it to the base with the help of fasteners.
- The transformer can withstand loads up to 130 kilograms.
- The material used in the child seat is made of waterproof and non-flammable fabric. The chair is easy to clean, if necessary, the fabric is removed.
- High price. This category of goods does not belong to children’s toys, so the price tag will be higher.
- The weight of the structure is about twenty kilograms. Only an adult can carry the unit, for a child it is more like a vehicle similar to a stroller.
best kids bike without pedals
A bicycle without pedals is called a balance bike or a bicycle, you need to move on it with the help of foot movement, there are no pedals.
The best balance bike in its category is Ander AKV 1209, made in Taiwan.
- Lack of pedals.
- Simplicity of design.
- Lightweight, weighs about three kilograms.
- Designed for ages two to five.
- Ethylene injection molding technology is used in production.
- The steering wheel and seat are adjustable with eccentrics.
- The handles have rubber grips for safety.
- Durable and lightweight frame.
- The frame is located at a sharper angle to the plane, for the convenience of the rider, so that it is easier to balance.
- Wheels with rubber tires.
- In some models, the installation of a pedal block is provided.
- Ease of management.
- The ability to drive over rough terrain, slides, not only on asphalt.
- This bike teaches first of all to keep balance. After learning on such a bike without pedals, the kid can easily sit on a regular unit with pedals. You don’t even need safety wheels.
- Low cost.
- The ability to adjust the height of the seat and steering wheel will allow you to use the product for several seasons.
- Ease of transportation, as well as carrying on hand, the unit takes up little space and there are no interfering pedals.
A balance bike teaches you to evaluate the terrain. With pedals, this is more difficult to do, since the road is not felt at all.
- Freedom of movement. The child will learn to feel in space easily, will freely adapt to any circumstances.
- Security. Even at high speed, the baby will not fall, as the legs will intuitively slow down on their own.
- A fun activity. Games with physical activity not only develop the muscles of the child, but also captivate him.
Cons of the item
Helmet protection and other accessories must be purchased for additional safety.
Best kids bike for twins
For twins or for the weather, a special transport is useful, in which two babies will fit at once. The seats are arranged one behind the other, which does not make the device wide, you can drive everywhere.
The best bike in its category is the Small Rider Platinum.
- Control handle for parents.
- Two comfortable chairs with backs equipped with soft substrates.
- The relatively small weight of this model due to the ease of construction and materials used.
- The removable awning will protect from sunshine and rainfall, covering both kids.
- The stylish design does not resemble a toy bike, but makes the product elegant and harmonious.
- Three inflatable wheels ride silently and smoothly.
- Steering wheel bell.
- The capacious basket is located behind.
- Three footrests are located at a comfortable level.
- The steel frame is capable of withstanding a mass of up to forty kilograms.
- This model is designed for children aged from one to three years.
- The handle of the bike is reinforced with additional pipes, which gives greater structural strength, because two children will use it at once, and not one child.
- There are protective bumpers on the seat, they will not allow the child to accidentally fall out when tilting, you can also hold on to them.
- The seat belts are equipped with a jumper in the middle, they will keep you in the saddle during sharp jerks during movement.
- The possibility of turning the front seat in the opposite direction.
- Security. It is much easier for a parent to control one bike than two that can go in different directions.
- Profitability. One bike, although large, will cost less than two products.
- Convenience. When one kid is already tired of riding, he can rest, and the other will take the vehicle himself, and the mother will not have to carry additional load.
- Alternative. Replacement stroller for twins. Such bicycles can be used not only in summer, spring and autumn are also suitable for bike rides.
- Ease. One unit is lighter than two, although it is heavier for twins, but not twice.
If desired, the children can change places, and they will decide for themselves who goes in front and who goes behind. Walking on a two-seater bike will be much more exciting.
- Compactness. You will need less than two storage spaces for this product.
- The ability to turn the front seat 180 degrees gives the guys an advantage to ride facing each other.
- Large dimensions, which does not allow you to easily lower the bike down the stairs from the fifth floor.
The best children’s bike up to 2 years
In order for the child to fully master the driving skills, it is better to purchase the option easier, without a handle and without unnecessary accessories.
The best in its category will be a small bicycle “Baby trike” for home and summer walks on a flat road from the Russian manufacturer Polesie.
- The body is made of light alloy, which ensures lightness of construction.
- All other elements are made of durable plastic. In general, the device for cycling looks like a toy. Kids love to ride on such a bright bike.
- The bike has three plastic wheels for stability.
- Details are made in several colors, rich colors give brightness to the product.
The presence of a basket at the back will allow the baby to put toys there.
- The pedals are located directly on the front wheel, no footrests are provided.
- Eco-friendly materials were used in the production, so the bike can be freely used at home.
- Ease of construction. A one and a half year old child will be able to independently cope with the unit.
- The seat is comfortable and anatomically shaped.
- Low cost.
- Possibility to ride at home and on the street.
- Small dimensions. Such a bike will fit even in a small room, it takes up very little space.
- The seat and handlebar height are not adjustable.
- You cannot drive off-road.
- No safety wheels.
The best children’s bike-transformer
The transformer can turn from a small bike into a big one, which means it will grow with the child. It folds up easily.
The best in its category is the Langtu KR 12 brand.
- Simplicity of design.
- The ability to transform and develop.
- Lightweight design, total weight is nine kilograms.
- Designed for ages two to four.
- There is only one speed.
- The frame is made of aluminum alloy.
- Adjustable steering column lift.
- Withstands weight up to ninety kilograms.
- A type of folding bike is usually a road bike.
- The base is short, so maneuverability is great.
- Compactness is an important plus, easy to store and transport.
- Comfort even on long journeys.
- Ease of construction.
- Folding bikes are a good option for short people and children, with wheel diameters ranging from 20 to 24 inches.
- In many models, a bag is included in the kit, in which you can pack a folded bike.
- There are models that even fold down the pedals and handlebars for complete compactness.
- The strength of the frame is less because there is no structural integrity.
- Disc brakes and other attachments are not included, everything is bought additionally if necessary.
- The characteristics of folding vehicles are not considered the best. Great care must be taken to overcome obstacles so as not to damage the connecting lock, and these bikes also have a long braking distance.
- Inexpensive models usually have a large mass.
Advertising from sponsors: //