Review of 5 types of the best balance bikes
Balance bikes – bicycles without pedals for children. These are functional products with the help of which the child learns to maintain balance and acquires basic riding skills. When choosing a balance bike, it is recommended to take into account the age and level of physical development of the baby.
Device and principle of operation
The design of the runbike consists of:
- two wheels.
Principle of operation: the baby sits on the seat, pushes off the surface and rides.
Purpose and functions
Purpose: the balance bike is used for riding kids, developing basic movements while riding, and forming endurance.
- removable wheels;
- shockproof wheels;
- tire bearings;
- seat height adjustment;
- adjustable handlebar height;
- anti-slip coating.
How to choose a balance bike
- When choosing a balance bike model, be guided by the growth of the baby. The child should reach the ground with his feet, while his knees should be bent.
- Metal balance bikes are considered the most durable. Choose the basis for the design depending on the age and weight of the child. Stability and reliability will provide wooden products, lightness and compactness – plastic.
Plastic and wooden models do not always have the function of adjusting the height of the steering wheel and seat. For children over three years old, buy metal products.
- To determine the minimum saddle height, measure the length of the inside of the child’s leg, subtract 2-3 cm.
- Choose products with an adjustable steering wheel, be sure to pay attention to the mount. The steering wheel must be fixed in a certain position and not slip off.
- Pay attention to the weight of the product, buy designs weighing from 3.5 to 5 kilograms.
- For everyday riding, a shock absorber is not needed, but if your little one is going to do tricks, then this option will come in handy.
- Balance bikes with solid (foam rubber) tires are suitable for young children, for older children, choose models with standard inflatable tires.
- Choose designs with a solid and stable base, such products are reliable and technically safe.
- Pay attention to the quality of the goods, certification and product labeling. Look at the instructions, safety measures and technical parameters.
- The steering wheel adjustment function is used to select and change the height that is most comfortable for the child. In addition, the baby will not lean forward while riding.
- For children from 3 years old, it is better to buy balance bikes with a brake on the handlebars, for smaller children, buy models with a foot brake.
- Choose models equipped with a comfortable handle and soft protection on the handlebars.
- The shape of the seat should be comfortable and narrow so that the baby pushes off without difficulty.
- Be sure to buy a helmet that will protect the child from injury.
- Purchase products with a footrest, with the help of such a detail, the baby will learn to maintain balance.
- Get models in bright colors. For older kids, choose models of restrained tones.
- Buy balance bikes with a stylish design, applications and pictures will make the process of riding easy and enjoyable.
The best wooden balance bikes
Wooden balance bikes are characterized by high strength, wear resistance, and are not subject to mechanical damage. The disadvantages of such models are large dimensions, so it is recommended to buy products for older children.
- withstands a load of 30-35 kilograms;
- weight – 3-5 kilograms;
- steering wheel height – 60-65 cm;
- seat height – 35-45 cm;
- material (wood, PVC);
- wheel diameter – 20-30 cm;
- additional features (shockproof pads, gloves).
- ecological purity of materials;
- structural stability;
- wear resistance;
- reliability and technical safety.
- weightiness of products;
- difficulties in transportation.
- The most reliable LEGLER Scooter Wespa – the product is recommended for children from 3 to 6 years old, made of environmentally friendly materials. Its features: seat height change (3 positions); stylish design; convenient management.
- The most durable KinderKraft Runner – an excellent transport for a 3-6 year old baby, made of environmentally friendly materials.
Features: 3 positions of seat adjustment; parental carrying handle; two-color frame; stylish design; quality inflatable tyres.
- The safest balance bike 12 KiddiMoto Kurves tread pattern is an exclusive design product. Suitable for children from 3 to 6 years old.
Features: wheels on bearings; handlebar design prevents falls when cornering; beautiful design design; technical security.
The best all-round balance bikes
- The most compact Strider ST-4 – a design designed to develop the balance and coordination of the child’s movements. This is a functional option for winter transport for a fun pastime.
Properties: comfortable footrest; protective system (shockproof pads, low center of gravity, leg support); strong polymer wheels; the possibility of lengthening the seat and changing wheels.
- The most beautiful Small Rider Plus – a balance bike with a bright and stylish design made of plastic for children 2-5 years old, light and safe.
Advantages: ease of construction; equipped with a steering wheel limiter; seat height adjustment; good road grip; smooth and soft ride.
- The most reliable BELLELLI B-Bip Plus – A balance bike for children aged 2-5 years, which will help the child learn the skills of riding and maintaining balance on a two-wheeled bicycle.
Features: seat height adjustment; high level of security; comfortable seat; ease of care.
- The most comfortable balance bike ever, the Milly Mally Dragon balance bike features a height-adjustable seat for added ride comfort.
Balance developing model with good stability. Features: seat height adjustment; steering wheel, adjustable in height; plastic handles that do not slip; comfortable soft seat; foam wheels.
Winter balance bikes are designed for children from 1.5 to 5 years old, they help to acquire cycling skills. They are distinguished by a high level of security and a reliable protection system. Good winter balance bikes differ from ordinary ones only in that they have attached skis in the package.
- seat height – 28-41 cm;
- steering wheel height – 50-62 cm;
- maximum load – 27 kilograms;
- wheel diameter – 10-12;
- weight – up to 3 kilograms;
- material (plastic, metal, wood);
- accessories and features (removable wheels, belt adjustment, impact pads).
- additional protective functions;
- comfortable seat and steering wheel;
- light weight;
- environmental friendliness;
- ease of care.
- do not withstand heavy loads;
- high price.
The best lightweight balance bikes
- The most durable BEGOO – a bicycle for children aged 2-5 years, designed in accordance with technical quality parameters. Model with a stylish and bright design.
Advantages: light plastic frame; bright colors; industrial bearings; steering wheel limiter; seat height adjustment; good grip.
- Most wear resistant FirstBike – a model designed for use by children from 2 years old and a height of 85 cm. The product with a sporty design gives a feeling of comfortable riding.
Pros: fiberglass frame made of polyamide; ease; ease of use; not subject to mechanical damage.
- The most comfortable Chillafish BMXie – a bright and stylish bike from a Belgian manufacturer designed for
started for kids
and 2-5 years. Guarantee of technical safety and quality of the model.
Properties: compliance with quality standards; resemblance to stunt bikes; comfortable seat adjustment; ease; bright design.
Such models are designed for riding small children, so the products are light and compact. It is important that they are equipped with a reliable security system.
- seat height – 25-30 cm;
- weight – up to 2.5 kilograms;
- steering wheel height – 45-50 cm;
- maximum load – 20-25 kilograms;
- wheel diameter – 10-12 cm;
- material (polymer, plastic, fiberglass);
- additional functions and accessories (removable wheels, belt adjustment, shock pads).
- compactness, lightness;
- simply movable structures;
- bright colors and ergonomic design;
- compliance with technical safety parameters.
- inferior to other models in stability;
- plastic toxicity.
The best tricycle balance bikes
- The most comfortable treadmill Puky Wutsch – a model with a swinging handlebar that will push the baby to keep balance.
The reliability of the design is ensured by the ergonomic structure of the front wheels and a competent control system.
Properties: lightness and compactness; noiselessness of work; equipment with handles on the steering wheel; ergonomic seat; sustainability.
- Most practical Hoppop Locco – a great balance bike for riding and gaining balance skills. Advantages: solid construction; comfortable seat; plastic wheels; made of durable wood.
- The most stable balance bike VipLex – a model for preschool children (2-5 years old), suitable for practicing coordination of movements when driving. Advantages: solid rubber wheels; compact dimensions; affordable cost.
Three-wheeled balance bikes provide additional protection against falling out of the child, are stable, do not give in to mechanical damage. There are compact and medium weight models. The products are functional, stable and easy to use.
- seat height – 25-30 cm;
- wheel diameter – 10-12 cm;
- steering wheel height – 56-60 cm;
- maximum load – 20-22 kilograms;
- material (polymer, plastic, metal, wood);
- weight – 4-5 kilograms;
- additional features and accessories (removable wheels, seat adjustment, shock-proof pads).
- ease of use;
- additional rollover protection;
- reliability and stability of the structure;
- extra weight;
- are more expensive.
The best balance bikes-transformers
- The most versatile tricycle balance bike Scoot&Ride Highway Baby Plus – a convenient and comfortable vehicle for small children. The designs are stable, reliable, with a stylish design.
- The most beautiful transformer balance bike Scoot&Ride Highway Freak – a product of an Austrian company, designed for children 3-5 years old, combines the functions of a scooter and a balance bike.
Pros: beautiful European design; light weight; stable wheels; large load capacity; adjustable steering wheel.
- The most comfortable Chillafish BUNZI FAD – the model is designed for children from 1 year old and from 75 cm in height. Pros: seat adjustment; carrying handle; comfortable handle for the steering wheel; storage compartment for small accessories; rubberized wheels.
- The most reliable But bby bike – a bicycle balancer that transforms into a two-wheeled bicycle. This model helps to keep balance, the load is distributed evenly on the muscles, back.
Product for children from two years. Advantages: functionality; practicality; stability; solid foundation.
Transforming balance bikes are made in bright and rich colors, have a stable and solid base. Products are made of durable and wear-resistant materials, functional and technically safe.
- seat height – 30-45 cm;
- weight – 4-5 kilograms;
- steering wheel height – 55-65 cm;
- maximum load – 40-42 kilograms;
- wheel diameter – 12-15;
- material (plastic, rubber, metal);
- additional functions and accessories (belt adjustment, adapter, anti-slip coating).
- stability, strength;
- reliable design;
- bright design;
- ease of use.
- overall structures;
- often have a high specific gravity.
Advertising from sponsors: //