High chair on wheels
As your baby grows, feeding on your hands or knees can be uncomfortable for both him and you. At this point, it becomes necessary to purchase a high chair.
Highchair on wheels
A distinctive feature of this model is the presence of wheels at the ends of the legs. The seat, as a rule, is made of plastic with a sewn-in fabric cushion, but in stores there are models with a rubber insert or made of wood, which is hand-crafted with high quality. The table, for practical reasons, is made of plastic and attached to the seat.
This chair is easy to clean, and the wheels on the ends of the legs allow you to move it from room to room.
Sometimes you can find a folding chair on wheels that is easy to move and takes up minimal space.
Benefits of use
- From childhood, a child will get into the habit of eating in the kitchen.
- A child from birth gets used to the correct behavior at the table.
- It will provide comfort when eating for both the child and the mother.
- The specially designed structure will help you to minimize the amount of crumbs and pieces of food on the floor. Crumbs, food, spilled liquids remain on the table. This will help you save time on cleaning and shine it on your husband or baby.
- Ensures the safety of your baby’s food intake. Fixes securely. The safety belts included in the kit will not allow the baby to swing, spin, etc.
- It will free up your time for household chores, you do not have to hold the child in your arms, waiting for him to finish eating.
- The baby eats faster, because he does not need to be distracted by foreign objects and all attention is concentrated on food.
- The frame of the feeding chair on wheels is made of aluminum tubes, as they reduce the weight of the product and are not subject to deformation.
- Plastic parts are impact-resistant, safe, do not fade in the sun and are easy to clean.
- It can be folded, which makes transportation much easier and takes up less space.
- Some models have a removable table. Due to this, you can turn a table for food into a table for playing activities in a matter of seconds.
- The highchair has pockets or nets for toys, stands for water containers, bumpers that guarantee safety.
- Transformation into a swing or deck chair. A nice addition that reduces the space occupied and the cost of other devices for the development of crumbs.
- Height adjustment. Depending on the height of the child and the height of the table, the position of the chair is also adjustable. But this function works only up to 5-6 years, then the height is not enough.
- Braking. This feature will help prevent sudden stool movement.
- Position control (sitting, reclining and lying) backrests. Due to this, the pressure on the fragile spine is reduced.
- Footrest adjustment. In the first years of using a highchair, the footrest is very important. Make sure that the material from which it is made is non-slip.
Pros and cons of a highchair on wheels
- Beautiful design.
- Removable table top. Makes washing easier. You do not have to fiddle for a long time, just unfasten it and wash it with soap and water.
- Multifunctionality. With a limited budget, you can save a lot of money. The device will serve as a table for eating, playing and creative corner.
- Height adjustment.
- Takes up little space. If there is a child in the family, this item is very important. More space to play will allow him to move freely around the room.
- Does not cause inconvenience during transportation.
- Ensures the safety of the baby.
- Convenient to use. You do not need to make extra efforts to fold or unfold the chair, with a slight movement of your hand you can put it down and feed your baby.
- When falling asleep a child in a chair, you do not need to transfer him to the crib, you just need to change the position of the back.
- Poorly assembled models may jam the height adjustment mechanism.
Try to test the height adjustment function when buying in a store. If you see that the chair moves too sharply, the process of raising or lowering it is too tight, refuse to purchase this copy.
- Possible low quality wheels and brakes.
No one is immune from unpleasant surprises. When choosing a model in a store, pay attention to the wheels, whether they move easily and smoothly. Also make sure that when moving they do not hang out and are well fixed.
- Washing of components
Features of care and operation depend on the purchased model, more precisely on its characteristics. If it has any rubberized or fabric inserts, then they can be easily washed with damp textiles, just like the seat cover.
The thermoplastic table can be washed in the dishwasher.
To clean a wooden table, you will need soapy water and a soft nylon brush. Too hard brushes should not be used, as they will ruin the surface of the table. After washing with a brush and soapy water, the surface is rinsed with clean water.
Thoroughly rinse the table attached to the chair. Unwashed food residues stuck in small crevices will begin to exude an unpleasant odor over time.
Wash the cover at least once a week, baby’s skin is sensitive, do not wait until the case is covered with dirt and germs. Choose a chair cover made from natural materials. Suitable fabrics such as: cotton, chintz, fleece and other more or less natural fabrics.
Soap solution is ideal for washing wheels. The main thing is not to touch the parts that are made of iron, otherwise they will become covered with rust.
- Precautions for use
- Despite the many promises of sellers about safety, you should not leave the baby on the chair alone.
- Be sure to fasten your child with seat belts.
- Store in a safe place where the child cannot reach, otherwise there is a risk of tipping the structure onto yourself.
- Putting and taking out the baby should be extremely careful so as not to accidentally fold or drop the chair.
- Take the fixing of structural details seriously. Make sure that the parts are seated firmly and do not stagger, any malfunction increases the risk of harm.
- When in a high chair, the baby’s actions should be free.
- Make sure that the table is firmly fixed and does not tip over with the child’s feet.
Modern highchairs for feeding are multifunctional. But the more innovations, the more difficult the equipment of the chair becomes, in which the risk of malfunctions is not ruled out. Every second model is made of durable plastic, but may eventually become unusable.
First of all, if a part malfunctions, contact a service center that can repair the mechanism in a short time.
It is better not to take on the repair yourself, since modern models are complex structures from a technical point of view. The risk of breaking another part increases, rather than troubleshooting. For the most part, this applies to models whose parts are made of plastic.
If the confidence that you can fix the part without outside help does not leave you, check out the list of problems:
- Wheel failed
A wheel that has separated from the leg is not such a difficult problem. Inspect the part and understand what is the cause of the breakdown.
If the wheel hub is broken, on which it was attached to the leg, go to a specialty store and find a replacement for it. If you cannot find a bushing suitable for your model, ask for help from a turner you know.
If the problem is due to a loose screw, tighten the loose screw.
- The table broke
If the table breaks, you will most likely have to buy another chair, provided that the broken part was not separated from the back with bolts, screws, etc. If the problem is a fallen screw, then you know what to do.
- Seat belt came off
Seat belts are sewn to the cover or soldered to the back.
In the event that the belt has come off the cover, sew it back to its original place. If it has broken off the back, contact the master, you yourself will not be able to fix this problem.
Before buying, check the performance of the highchair, fixing parts and work, the functions declared by the seller. Following these recommendations, you will be able to choose the right chair for your baby.
Advertising from sponsors: //