If your child is a swimmer, fins are a must. They will allow the muscles to develop properly, to move with good speed in and under water, whether it be a pool or other body of water.
Benefits of children’s fins
- Swimming with fins improves and stabilizes the position of the body in the water.
- Increases the speed during the swim.
- Adds flexibility to joints and builds leg strength.
- Helps to get in shape in less time.
- Facilitates the learning process for beginners (reduces workload).
Under water, they become a continuation of the body, and their blades replace the caudal fin that fish have.
The use of fins will allow the child to quickly master the process of swimming.
The design of children’s flippers
Short models will be a good helper for the child.
Two types of structures:
The open design features an open heel with an adjustable strap that allows for sizing. This is convenient, because the baby is growing, and the size of the foot is also increasing.
This type will save the family budget, they can be purchased for growth. Adults open type is used for spearfishing and diving. It is very convenient to wear on the toe of a wetsuit or diving boots.
The closed design is convenient for its clear maneuverability. It fits the foot very well, thereby becoming its continuation.
- short swimming – suitable for the pool, they have excellent maneuverability;
- long – more often made of plastic, necessary for those who are engaged in scuba diving and need to develop good speed under water;
- with closed heel – has a wide block, so it perfectly fixes the entire foot. They are worn on bare feet, they do not rub calluses. Suitable for diving and swimming in the pool. Made to measure. They need to be measured carefully so that the leg is comfortable, and at the same time they do not fly off or are not small;
- adjustable – have an open heel, which is fixed with a clamping spring or belt. The size is adjustable. Additionally, it is recommended to use special rubber socks or boots. This will prevent the strap from falling off and chafing the foot. Suitable for buying for growth;
- narrow long species are suitable if the child is engaged in high-speed sports swimming. They will allow you to develop speed in the water. But their maneuverability is not very large;
- monofins – are a wide blade. Two legs are inserted into this blade at the same time (place for both legs side by side);
- products with rubber overshoes gained popularity or similar material and a blade made of thermoplastic. The foot is comfortable in them, the stroke is strong. There may be options for equipment made entirely of rubber.
Material and design
One of the popular materials for sports equipment is silicone. Does not cause irritation on the skin, does not absorb foreign odors (suitable for a pool using chlorine).
Silicone types of equipment do not deteriorate under the influence of sunlight (ultraviolet). They are not afraid of chlorine compounds used in the pool. This material is softer and has better elasticity than rubber products.
Shortened type – made of silicone. Does not overload the leg joint. A suitable option for children who have just started to visit the pool, do not yet have training.
The main difference is good dynamics. The shape of the flippers resembles a bird’s paw with membranes (as on the paws of waterfowl). They are universal, suitable for the pool.
Experienced athletes prefer elastic materials:
- Composite model.
Types of equipment made of such materials are maneuverable, characterized by increased rigidity. The blades work like vertical channels, they direct the movement of water, reducing stress and drag.
Choose your size wisely. Fins should fit snugly on the leg, but not squeeze it. The product should not cause discomfort (pressure, press the foot in the heel), but too much pair will subside upon contact with water.
It is better to take fins one size larger, there will be a water cushion between the foot and the fins. It will create a protective layer, preventing friction.
- image of your favorite cartoon characters;
- bright text inscriptions.
In sports colorful equipment, the child will want to swim.
Care and storage
Proper care of the equipment will allow you to use the purchased model for a long time.
You need to use them for their intended purpose, they are not recommended to walk on land in them. There is a possibility of causing damage by such walks, and they cannot be repaired. When leaving the water, take off your equipment. Use special care products. Can be purchased at a specialized sports store or ordered online.
- Equipment after each workout is washed with running water. Dry thoroughly.
- Store without bending. Better – natural position. For training children’s models, manufacturers often use soft rubber, which bends strongly. The crease at the inflection point may not line up. Equipment will become unusable.
- Do not store sports models in a warm place and near a heat source (radiators). During such storage or drying, the fins deform under the influence of temperature.
- Fins to maintain their shape should be stored with special tabs inserted inside. In a dedicated pouch.
During the swim, in order not to disturb the streamlining of the body, it is advisable to keep your arms at your sides or stretch them in front of you. The forces in the movements of the arms, compared with the power of the movements of the legs in fins, are so small that rowing with the hands rather hinders than helps when swimming. Try to use only your legs when swimming.
- Before pulling the galoshes of the training model on the foot, the swimming equipment is wetted inside with water. It is not necessary to moisten the rubber on top, to prevent slipping.
- In a closed rubber galosh moistened with water (it is recommended to first turn the rubber out and put it on the floor), step with the second foot. With force, push the other foot into the galosh. After that, it is easy and slowly to put on the back of the galoshes on the heel. You can ask a friend if you are swimming in a group.
- If the model is on straps with fasteners, then donning is easy: just pull the strap over the heel and pull the strap tighter so that it does not fly off.
For safety, it is better not to run along the shore in them, so as not to injure the limbs. Movement in fins not on water should be minimized. Putting on and taking off training models should be carefully planned.
When choosing a swimming model for a child, first decide on the place of employment. This is equipment for diving, for a pool or pond, a child is training professionally or just a beginner in this business). Consider the nuances, then you will not have problems with the right choice.
Choosing the right equipment for the child in the pool, you will protect him from injury. He will feel like a fish in water.
Advertising from sponsors: //