Changing tables are made of different materials: plastic, metal, chipboard, wood. To choose the right model, be guided by the dimensions of the room, the functionality and safety of the product for the child.
Changing tables are a special piece of furniture for baby care, which allows you to implement the following procedures:
- diaper change,
- undressing before swimming
The base of the table is solid; a stationary or folding frame is used as a support. A worktop equipped with sides often has a limit rail. A waterproof mattress is placed on top of the table to protect the surface from moisture.
Types of changing tables
Among the types of changing tables, the following stand out:
- changing board. The design on both sides is limited by protective sides. The basis of the product is wooden, with a latex coating, which is environmentally friendly and easy to clean.
Models are transportable, easy to maintain and cost-effective, they take up little space in the apartment.
The downside of the designs is that they lack a significant number of options: there are no shelves for cosmetics, lockers for children’s things.
- Changing board on bed. Easily transportable, but the structure is not recommended to be placed in rooms with uneven floors, since the frame may lose stability.
Models do not save space in the room, they do not have a place for folding children’s accessories. To move the table without scratching the surface, you need to carry it.
- Changing shelf. The structures are made of metal, plastic, wood, equipped with shelves for cosmetics, side trays, pockets and hangers.
Models save space in the room, move easily. Most often equipped with open shelves and wheels with brakes.
- Chest of drawers with a diaper. The horizontal surface is used as a changing table. To do this, you need to buy a booster (changing mattress), limited on two or three sides by soft sides.
The advantages of the models: interesting colors, elegant design, the use of various decorations. Cons: changing mat can slip on the surface, difficult to open drawers.
- Changing table with tub. Such products are functional, used to store bathing accessories and linen.
- Chest of drawers with bathtub, shelf and folding changing board. It consists of a removable bath designed for bathing, into which a board is lowered for hygiene procedures and changing clothes for the baby.
Differs in moisture resistance, functionality.
- Baby cot with chest of drawers and changing table. These are combined beds, designed for children from 0 to 10 years old.
- Changing table-transformer. Such designs are functional, because over time they can be used as a children’s table for games and study, a desk or bedside table.
Body material classification:
- Tree. The material is easily painted, varnished, polished, has a beautiful texture. Wooden changing tables are resistant to mechanical damage and absorb sounds well.
The downside is that such structures can change size and shape under the influence of moisture, so the surfaces of products are coated with special protective compounds.
- Chipboard. A popular material for the manufacture of inexpensive cabinet furniture. These are boards made of wood shavings and sawdust, glued together with adhesives with formaldehyde resins.
The advantages of such products are resistance to high temperatures, strength, moisture resistance.
The main disadvantage is the toxicity of coatings.
- Metal. Designs are easy to clean, not afraid of moisture, durable and stable. Metal products have anti-corrosion coatings, surprise with a variety of designs, but are difficult to transport.
- Plastic. Moisture-resistant, durable, heat-resistant material that is easy to dye, so the products look colorful and interesting, attract the attention of the child.
The downside is that plastic models are not harmless to health, they release toxic chemical elements into the air.
Characteristics of changing tables:
- material (wood, plastic, chipboard, metal);
- type (changing board, changer-shelf, changing table-bath, chest of drawers, changer-transformer);
- dimensions (height, width, length, volume);
- color (bright, light, dark);
- maximum allowable weight;
- the presence / absence of additional devices (shukhlyads, shelves, tables, wheels, a bath);
- decoration (painting, drawings, carving, forging).
Functions of changing tables for newborns:
- comfortable dressing of the child;
- keeping baby clothes and diapers close at hand;
- some models are used as baths for bathing children, game tables or a place to study, sleep.
- shukhlyady – closed compartments for storing children’s things: toys, food, clothes.
- Shelves – open compartments that are used to accommodate the most necessary things for the baby.
- Tray – removable design in which you can bathe the child. When bathing, the changing board reclines.
- Changing mattress – a soft product on a fabric basis, which is placed on hard surfaces for comfortable swaddling, provides reliable protection for the baby from freezing and hitting the sharp corners of the structure.
- Accessory table – a small tabletop, located at the level of the pelenator.
- Folding changer – the swaddling design is stored assembled, used in small rooms.
- swivel wheels – mechanisms that ensure the rotation of the structure around the axis. Thanks to these structural elements, they are easy to move.
- Wheels with clamps – elements that allow not only to turn the changer in the right direction, but also make it more stable.
- Bath drain – a drainage tube through which water is discharged after bathing.
Changing table accessories include:
- changing mattresses;
- plastic trays;
- hooks for towels;
- pockets for hygiene products;
- colored containers for clothes;
- changing accessories: bedding, diapers, covers;
- packing box.
Features of wooden tables:
- absorb sound;
- ecological purity, non-toxicity;
- do not burn out;
- have a beautiful texture;
- light coloring, polishing and varnishing of surfaces;
- susceptible to moisture and temperature changes;
- deformed in adverse climatic conditions;
- absorb moisture;
- need impregnation with moisture-resistant compounds and careful care.
Features of metal products:
- strength and stability;
- ease of care and washing;
- interesting design: forging, carving;
- easy to wash;
- have anti-corrosion characteristics;
- heavy structures that are difficult to transport;
- made of expensive material.
Features of models from chipboard:
- heat resistance;
- moisture resistance;
- weighty products;
- easily transported;
- inexpensive designs.
Features of plastic tables:
- heat resistance;
- different color variations;
- moisture resistance;
- easy to color;
- easy to care for;
- easily transportable;
Benefits of changing tables
Advantages of wooden tables:
- resistance to mechanical damage;
- do not fade in the sun;
- easily varnished and painted;
- beautiful texture;
- ecological cleanliness;
- soundproof characteristics.
Advantages of metal products:
- anti-corrosion characteristics;
- easy to wash;
- original design.
Advantages of chipboard models:
- resistance to high temperatures;
- moisture resistance;
- inexpensive products;
- light, transportable.
Advantages of plastic tables:
- easy to color;
- heat resistance;
- variety of colors;
- moisture resistance;
- easily transportable.
Cons of changing tables
Disadvantages of wooden tables:
- cracking under the influence of high temperatures;
- are deformed;
- low moisture resistance;
Cons of metal products:
- hard to transport;
- weighty structures;
- expensive stuff.
Disadvantages of chipboard tables:
- toxicity, environmental insecurity;
- hard material that does not allow fine processing;
- possible change in the structure of the material.
Cons of plastic products:
- low level of environmental cleanliness;
- sensitivity to mechanical damage;
- burn out in the sun.
How to choose a changing table
- When choosing a changing table for newborns, pay attention to the material from which it is made. It is desirable that it is environmentally friendly, does not cause allergic reactions, and does not have a pungent odor.
When buying wooden structures, take an interest in the moisture resistance of the material.
- The mattress cover (swaddling pad) is covered with moisture-repellent compositions, it is easily cleaned from dirt.
- Give preference to functional models equipped with the necessary number of shelves, trays, pockets and hooks.
- Buy roomy models: the wider the surface, the better, because babies grow quickly.
- Structural stability is one of the main selection criteria. Pay attention to accessories designed to maintain balance.
It is better if the chosen model does not have protruding bumps and corners. Products must be equipped with locks on wheels that block involuntary movements.
- Check the functioning of the roller guide mechanisms, the drawers should open easily so as not to spend a lot of time getting things out of the shelves.
- Choose models with sides with soft or rounded corners, they will protect the baby from accidental bumps.
- Pay attention to products with hinged shelves. The fastening of such structures must be reliable, since they are unsafe for the baby. These are functional models that save free space in space.
- When choosing a model with a hinged lid, make sure that it is clearly fixed in the hinged position. This will protect the child from falling out.
- Choose changing tables according to your height, then they will be functional.
- Choose models equipped with limiters on open shelves, this will protect against throwing contents.
- Before you buy a product, look at the quality of accessories and fittings. Trays, hangers, hangers, towel hooks, laundry baskets – all these devices will help organize the correct swaddling of the child.
Recommendations for the use and care of changing pads:
- Folding and unfolding of structures, opening and closing of lockers and drawers is done silently so that the child does not get scared and does not wake up.
- Hygiene products (cream, powder, scissors, cotton wool) should be located on the far shelves so that the child cannot get objects.
- The changing table must not be used if any part of it is broken or missing.
- Do not leave the baby unattended to avoid the baby falling out. The water drain hose should be kept out of the reach of children.
- Do not place structures near open flames and other sources of intense heat.
- Regularly check screw connections for tightness and security.
- Make sure that all bolts are tightly screwed in, as the baby may pinch parts of the body or clothing.
- You can not transport the table during swaddling, it is dangerous for the child. Lock the wheels when the device is in use.
- If the changing table is dusty, clean it with a special spray. Do not use abrasives, bleaches, ammonia-based or alcohol-based cleaners for cleaning.
If the function of unfolding the table is not provided, install it once and fix the position.
- It is not recommended to exceed the maximum load (about 15 kg). Baskets and middle shelves can withstand 3 kg. Place baby items evenly across all compartments.
- When using the bath, make sure that the water is at the appropriate temperature. Do not use a tub without a frame.
Warranty for changing tables – from 1 to 5 years, depending on the manufacturer. For free service, a sales receipt or warranty card is required.
Be sure to preserve the presentation of the product. If a manufacturing defect is detected, the product is replaced with a new one or repaired.
The warranty is not provided in such cases:
- signs of wear are visible on the structure;
- in case of improper use of the table;
- the fastening of parts of the structure was deformed;
- the product shows signs of mechanical damage;
- changes have been made to the design of the product;
- product repairs were carried out by non-specialists.
The warranty does not cover accessories supplied with the product.
Deformation of individual parts of the structure
This indicates poor fastening of the bearing part of the product. The guides are bent, and the connection is loose. Deformation often occurs from excess load. To fix this, you should return the structure to its original shape and fix it.
The appearance of chips, scratches, mechanical damage
To eliminate the need for polishing or varnishing materials. Before applying varnish to the surface, the wood is polished with a pumice stone to a shine. We leave the furniture for 3 days, then apply a second layer to even out the roughness.
It will take 5 days to dry.
Putty and soft wax are used as materials for restoring the coating. After polishing the product with alcohol to a mirror finish.
To restore plastic structures, sandpaper is required. Choose fine-grained skins, coarse-grained ones will leave furrows and scratches.
Can be sanded under running water. Grinding is done with light circular motions. If there are serious deformations on the structure, remove them with a coarse-grained sandpaper.
To restore the color of the furniture, you will need to polish or sand it with retouching markers, you can mix several colors on the palette and apply them with a brush.
To remove white spots from sun exposure, wipe the stain with alcohol. Wax marks can be removed with a hot iron.
Washing powder and laundry soap are not recommended.
Swelling of furniture under the influence of moisture
To get rid of the bubbles that form on furniture surfaces after soaking, you should pierce this place with a disposable syringe, filling this place with PVA glue.
If a crack occurs, you need to tear off a piece of veneer with a spatula, then glue the area with adhesive, press down and cover with a load.
To prevent the tree from making unpleasant sounds, place cloth pads at the junctions, you can soak them with hot drying oil.
Before applying the old adhesive, get rid of the remnants of the old impregnation.
Changing table parts include:
- left panel;
- right panel;
- side frames;
- soft top;
- large trays;
- upper metal frame;
- small trays;
- drainage hose;
- mesh bag;
- plastic brackets.
The company sells baby cots. Products are made from environmentally friendly materials. The beds are equipped with special PVC pads that prevent the child from touching the varnish.
In production advanced technologies are used. Goods are sold in Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan.
The company specializes in the production of kitchen facades, large-scale modular furniture for living rooms, bedrooms, hallways, children’s rooms, and kitchens.
The firm constantly improves production, expands the range. The furniture is intended for consumers of economy class and middle price group.
Brand products provide comfortable swaddling of the baby during trips, games, during sleep. The assortment includes playpens, chairs for feeding, car seats, special bed linen.
Changing tables are stable, durable, reliable and comfortable. Products are tested at all stages of production, products have quality certificates.
The Italian brand has been producing children’s products for over 30 years. Advanced technologies are applied, production is made of environmentally friendly materials. Products are produced in different color variations, models with an original design are being developed.
Among the strollers are light walking products, compact two-in-one devices, strollers for twins.
The range is represented by children’s furniture, goods for walking and traveling, accessories for caring for a baby and organizing a child’s leisure time.
Materials used in production: Interspan chipboard (made in Hungary), Egger (made in Austria), German Dollken edge. Models have facades with rounded edges that protect the child from injury.
The company is engaged in sales of children’s furniture. Designs for newborn babies and teenagers, educational games and play transport are presented. Popular products include:
Constructions are made of quality materials: beech, chestnut, oak. The tree does not require special impregnation or painting, it retains its integrity under a safe water-soluble varnish.
High-precision German, French, Italian equipment is used for glossy grinding and varnishing of surfaces. Changing chests of the company are stable, durable, protected from moisture and fading of the case.
The principle of the company is the production of safe and comfortable products. The furniture is made from natural materials, quality types of wood are used.
Environmentally friendly paint coatings are used for surface treatment. Goods are tested at different production stages.
The company’s products are divided into three groups:
- Functional furniture for children’s rooms: comfortable chairs, cabinets, beds. Combined harmonious design, functionality.
- Furniture for games and entertainment, which helps the child to explore the world. These are ergonomic sets of tables and chairs for drawing, rocking horses.
- Products that are used for baby care: changing chests and tables. Such models are compact and ergonomic, equipped with barriers and playpens for safety.
The company’s products are certified according to standards and properly labeled.
The company’s products include cribs, wardrobes, chests of drawers, handmade furniture and home accessories. The company focuses on modern production technologies in accordance with well-known design trends.
Factory-made and handmade furniture is produced. The range includes products with a pleasant texture, smooth outlines and a variety of shades.
The brand’s products are made of environmentally friendly materials, safe for health, reliable and functional. The products meet the modern demands of customers, meet the standards and norms.
Transformer beds are presented, which are conveniently laid out. Acceptable balance between quality and price of goods.
The products are environmentally friendly for health, made of natural wood, covered with non-toxic lacquers on top. Presented with the following products:
- changing chests and accessories;
- highchairs for feeding;
- textile elements (covers, bedding sets, towels, bedspreads);
- decor items.
The company’s furniture is reliable, passes strict certification, is convenient and easy to use.
Changing tables of the company are equipped with reliable sides, have an original design, are functional and easy to clean.
The goods are manufactured in accordance with international and European standards.
Products are represented by kitchen, office and cabinet furniture. Children’s goods include playpens, chairs, changing tables. Changing tables are durable, reliable, environmentally friendly.
Goods are designed for the average consumer, meet the standards, and are labeled properly.
The brand specializes in plastic household goods. These are food storage containers, drawers, laundry baskets and bathtubs. Among children’s goods there are baths of various shapes, children’s pots, boxes for storing things and toys.
The company’s products are distinguished by functionality, environmental safety, and excellent quality. The goods have a quality certificate DIN EN ISO 9001:2000. Acceptable ratio of pricing policy and quality of goods.
The range of products is constantly expanding, innovative technologies are used. The production takes into account the needs of the modern market, standards and sanitary norms, equipment of modern living spaces.
The company is distinguished by the use of high-quality fittings and paints and varnishes. Products are certified and labeled according to standards, designed for the average consumer.
The brand’s products are distinguished by their convenient shape, beautiful shades, functionality and reliability.
Cribs with drawers, on wheels or skids are comfortable and reliable, they are distinguished by their attractive appearance, aesthetic performance, and high functionality.
Changing tables are produced with reliable sides, high-quality fittings and durable construction.
Advertising from sponsors: //