6 best cheesecakes for skiing
Tubing is a popular winter activity that is enjoyed by people of all ages. To bring only joy to skiing, you need to choose a cheesecake carefully. High-quality tubing will prevent injury and last for more than one year. When choosing, you need to pay attention to the size of the product, the density of the fabric and the type of construction.
How to choose a cheesecake for skiing
Traditional sledges have long been replaced by softer and more comfortable tubings, which are a rubber chamber covered with durable material. Cheesecakes are light and soft, so it is convenient to bring them back up the hill, and when rolling, the hard bottom softens the bumps. Sledges differ from each other mainly in size and weight, which they are able to withstand.
Sports cheesecake in English is called “tubing” or “pipe”. The basis of the design of the sled is a car chamber, which serves as a frame for the fabric and ensures the safety of the owner. But what size it will be depends on the height and weight of the person. On sale there are children’s and adult tubing. For children, it is better to purchase sleds of the following sizes:
- 3 years (height 80-90cm): diameter 60cm;
- 4-6 years old (height 110-120cm): diameter 65-70cm;
- 7-9 years old (height 120-140cm): diameter 80-90cm;
- 10-12 years old (height 140-160cm): diameter 85-100cm.
Adolescents from 12 years old and adults below 175 centimeters need to buy a product of at least 110 cm in diameter. People above 180 cm will be comfortable riding only on a tubing of at least 125 cm diagonally. The maximum diameter of the inflatable sled is 150 cm. This tubing can accommodate an adult with a child or several children. However, for safety reasons, it is better to ride the slides alone.
The diameter of the tubing depends not only on height, but also on weight. For inflatable PVC sledges, the following ratio of the diameter and weight of a person will be true:
- 60 cm – 60 kg;
- 80 cm – 80 kg;
- 90 cm – 120 kg;
- 120 cm – 200 kg.
The shell of the inflatable sled is made of impregnated frost-resistant PVC awning fabric. Polyvinyl chloride has the necessary wear resistance and can withstand cold temperatures down to -30 degrees. There are no hooks left on the PVC fabric, so it additionally protects the inner chamber from mechanical damage. The coating is specially made a little rough so that children and adults do not slip or slide off the sled while skating. The upper material differs primarily in density:
- PVC 600 g/m2 suitable for children’s models or for the top of the product;
- 900 g/m2 – a standard indicator for sled-cheesecakes;
- 1000 g/m2 and above: a very dense fabric that can withstand more than one year of use.
The density of the material directly affects the cost of tubing. In expensive models, there is also a second layer of fabric.
The tubing can be made entirely of PVC. But there are other models on the market, in which the bottom is made of plastic, and the top is made of synthetic fabric (Cordura, Nylon, PolyOxford). It is preferable to choose those sleds that are made using plastic. They are more durable and develop more speed. In addition, this tubing is suitable for ice slides.
Car cameras in tubing differ among themselves in three parameters: strength, elasticity and size. Strength depends on the thickness of the chamber. The larger it is, the safer the ride from the slides will be: it will not be torn apart by an accidental collision with a branch or stone. In addition, thicker chambers hold their shape well and are less likely to deflate. But they also have their drawbacks – they increase the weight of the tubing several times.
The elasticity is affected by the material from which the camera is made. Cameras made with an admixture of rubber show themselves best.
To make riding safe, you need to pay attention to the size of the wheel:
- For children’s cheesecakes, a chamber with a diameter of R is suitable
- If the tubing has a diameter of 75-85 cm, then it needs an R camera
- For medium-sized cheesecakes (75-85), R is suitable
- R16 is needed for adult models with a diameter of 95-105 cm.
- For cheesecakes measuring 115 cm or more, it is better to choose the wheel R
The chamber should be smaller in diameter than the case, because when inflated it increases significantly in size.
Cheesecakes are made from a wide variety of materials, including fabric. Often, in models of the middle price category, the bottom is made of plastic, and the top is made of polyvinyl chloride. Here are the most common fabrics:
- Oxford is a “banner fabric” that is highly durable. Its main drawback is the monochromatic coloring. Due to the fact that a complex pattern cannot be applied to Oxford, cheesecakes made from such a fabric most often do not have the most attractive appearance.
- Cordura is a thick nylon fabric with a water repellent finish. Cotton is often added to it, which makes the material even more wear-resistant.
- Taffet is a lighter material that reduces the cost of tubing. Covers made of such fabric are bright and elegant, because any pattern can be applied to their surface. But, unfortunately, the “taffet” is quickly erased and torn.
Sledges made from Oxford PVC fabric offer the best value for money.
When choosing a cheesecake, you need to pay attention to the handles. As a rule, they are made of dense material and sewn to the surface of the case. The tighter the handles are, the better. The safest option is when they are stitched to a special sealed insert or glued to the shell. But if the handles are simply sewn to the fabric, then it is likely that they will come off at the first jerk.
The price and safety of the cheesecake depends on the color and color. It is better to choose bright products that will be visible on the slope even in the dark. For the same purpose, some models are equipped with reflective stripes. But you should not choose too detailed a pattern, as this will indicate that a thin fabric was used for the cover.
Details allow you to understand how well the cheesecake is made. For example, instead of a zipper, lacing can be inserted. Since the case is constantly subjected to stress, zippers often break. Cheesecakes equipped with lacing are more convenient to open and close.
Another detail is the rope. Parents often lift their children up the hill holding on to it, so the piece must be attached tightly. It is better if the cable can be unfastened, then it can be replaced with a new one.
The best roller coaster
Tubing “Tornado 100” by FormulaZima is perfect for winter holidays. The sled can easily fit two adults or an adult and a child. The tubing is made in the form of a circle, so it will be comfortable for people of any build to sit in it. The material of the “Tornado” case is reinforced PVC, which is highly durable and reliable. The fabric is based on a cord made of synthetic polyester material. Reinforced PVC is used to make cheesecakes, boats and banners.
- Country of manufacture: Russia.
- Cover material: reinforced PVC.
- Cover weight: 650 and 950 g/m2.
- Maximum weight: 140 kg.
- What height is suitable: up to 175 cm.
- Tow rope: yes.
- Handles: two.
- The chamber has a dense structure, but at the same time it is quite elastic.
- Durable fabric.
- No pungent odor.
- All seams are not stitched, but welded.
- The bottom is additionally reinforced with a gasket.
- The handles are attached with nylon ribbons.
- Monochromatic colors.
The best snow treadmill
Tubing Juul 100 cm Snow Party develops high speed even on rough snowy slopes thanks to the smooth bottom made of PVC material. An intricate pattern applied to the top of the cheesecake makes it stand out from other models. The sled is equipped with two handles that you can hold on to during sharp turns. Another plus is a high-quality camera: it weighs very little and in a deflated size fits into a package measuring 45 * 35 cm.
- Country of origin: Russia.
- Diameter: 100 cm.
- The weight of the cheesecake when deflated: 2.4 kg.
- Material: PVC and Oxford.
- Tow rope: yes.
- Chamber size: R15.
- Maximum weight: 90 kg.
- Beautiful coloring.
- Quality material.
- Safe design.
- Strong smell.
- Small maximum weight.
The best cheesecake for water skating
You can ride a tubing not only in winter, but also in summer. The car camera, located inside, perfectly keeps a person on the surface of the water. But winter sleds cannot be used in a lake or sea – their design is still not intended for such entertainment. The best model for riding on water will be water tubing Hot Shot, which can be attached with a tow rope to the boat. There is a drain valve inside the product, which does not allow water to accumulate inside. Cheesecake capacity – one person. The slide provides a smooth inflatable bottom.
- Type: water bowl.
- Country of origin: Russia.
- Diameter: 145 cm.
- Maximum number of people: 1.
- Chamber material: PVC.
- Case material: nylon.
- Number of handles: 4.
- Lying place.
- Quick release tow rope.
- Nylon sheath.
- The presence of a drain valve.
- Only 1 person can fit in a cheesecake.
The best children’s cheesecake for riding
Cheesecakes for children differ from adult models not only in size, but also in design. Sled Small Rider Snow Cars 3 Safari made in the form of a machine, so children will not only be comfortable, but also have fun. For convenience, durable handles are glued on the sides, reinforced with an additional insert. Despite its childish design, the cheesecake can withstand weight up to 180 kg, and PVC fabric will last for years. Straps that prevent the baby from falling out give the product greater safety.
- Chamber size: R16.
- Cover material: PVC and textile.
- Cheesecake weight: 2 kg.
- Maximum weight: 180 kg.
- Handles: yes, 2.
- Original design in the form of a vehicle.
- Seat belts.
- Rugged camera.
- Light weight.
- Comfortable seat.
- Durable fabric cover.
- The outer case is larger than the camera and has a different shape.
The best inflatable for skiing
Recently, cheesecakes without a car camera inside have appeared on the market. Inflatable tubes, unlike conventional ones, deflate and inflate very quickly, which facilitates their transportation. In a cheesecake 1toy “Transformers” The inner chamber is made of PVC material and the outer case is made of rubber and nylon. You can inflate the inflatable tubing using a car or manual pump. Despite the convenience, such cheesecakes have a significant drawback – they quickly deflate, since a PVC chamber is less durable than a car one.
- Type: inflatable cheesecake.
- Design: drawing “Transformers”.
- Inner chamber material: PVC.
- Upper Material: Nylon D
- Handles and tow rope: yes.
- Country of origin: China.
- Weight: 1.9 kg.
- Maximum load: 120 kg.
- Diameter: 92 cm.
- Colorful drawing.
- Awning fabric with silicone impregnation.
- Soft seat.
- Convenient operation.
- Low reliability.
- The need to constantly inflate the product.
The best cheap cheesecake for riding
Tubing Hubster Hype 90 cm has the best value for money. The diameter of the cheesecake is large enough, so both adults and children can ride on it. Although the design is monochromatic, it is very attractive: unlike other products, the PVC coating is made in a matte color. The case is stitched with additional tapes, to which three handles with plastic inserts are attached. The tow rope can be easily unfastened or reattached. The inner chamber is quite rigid and inelastic, but it is able to withstand a load of up to 100 kg.
- Type of the internal chamber: automobile.
- Diameter: 90 cm.
- Material: waterproof impregnated PVC.
- Maximum weight: 100 kg.
- Maximum height: 180 cm.
- Reinforced seat.
- Various colors.
- Durable material.
- Comfortable handles.
- The Chinese camera sometimes descends due to low-quality nipples.
To ensure that winter holidays are not overshadowed by injuries or wasted money, you need to choose tubing wisely. It is most comfortable to ride a sled with a car camera inside. The cover should be made of PVC material or Oxford fabric that can withstand both frost and damage. You also need to pay attention to safety – it is better to choose a product with handles tightly sewn or glued to the body. Subject to all these conditions, the tubing will last more than one year.
Advertising from sponsors: //