Orthopedic mattresses of various categories have been created for complete relaxation, thanks to which anyone can choose the ideal model for sleeping and relaxing.
Types of mattresses
They differ in design:
- Dependent Bonnel Block. Spirals are interconnected, so the base is durable and strong. But when you press one spring, adjacent elements are compressed. Therefore, the support of the spine is weak.
- Pocket independent springs. Each spiral is wrapped in a fabric cover. For different manufacturers, the number of springs varies from 250 to 1000 pcs. per 1 sq. m. The larger the number, the higher the flexibility of the mattress.
This is a traditional mattress structure. It is thinner than spring. Manufacturers often alternate layers of different materials to increase elasticity. In addition to the usual cotton wool and foam rubber, agave leaves, banana palms, seaweed, horse hair are used.
It implies a combination of several layers of filler from different materials. They differ in stiffness and texture, so one side of the product is soft, the other is hard. Differentiation of the left and right parts according to the weight of the user is possible (double models).
The soft product may contain sheep wool, latex, foam rubber, seaweed. Felt, horsehair or coconut coir are suitable for stiffening.
They differ from adults only in size, they correspond to the dimensions of cribs. The springless option is safer – metal elements will not accidentally injure the child.
For children’s models, 4 types of filler are used:
- polyurethane foam
- coconut coir
All are safe for children’s health. The choice of filler depends on the budget of the parents, the age and build of the child.
Mattresses are classified according to their characteristics.
It is a natural material made from Hevea wood. It is strong, durable, flexible, non-toxic. Quickly recovers after being pressed. It is considered an ideal filler, but can cause allergies.
Polyurethane foam (PPU)
Hypoallergenic and practical foam rubber is traditionally used as a layer of mattresses. The processing method is constantly being improved, the material has become safer and more durable than 10 years ago. The service life is much less than latex. Refers to the economy option.
This is a type of polyurethane foam that “remembers” the position of the body. The mattress reduces the load on the spine.
Qualitative analog of foam rubber. A special polyester processing technology contributes to long-term maintenance of heat and air circulation. Quickly restores shape, well supports the spine.
Holds heat well, soft texture. But it can cause allergies and requires additional layers of dense materials. Included in the double-sided cover winter / summer. Relieves pain in the muscles, spine, stimulates the heart. Plaids and bedspreads made of sheep wool are distinguished by the same beneficial effect.
It is sheared sheep’s wool. It is often used as a layer between the springs and the main filler, keeping the surface from abrasion. Safe, keeps heat, helps to distribute the load evenly.
Another natural ingredient used to fill mattresses. Coconut coir is durable, safe for health. It does not absorb moisture, so it does not swell with high humidity. Usually the coconut layer is combined with other materials due to excessive rigidity. Suitable for medical therapy.
The structure of horse hair is strong and elastic. Such material does not cause allergies, lasts a long time, does not absorb water. The stiffness is similar to coconut fiber.
Also in the layer there are seaweed, compressed banana or agave leaves (sisal), felt, camel hair. Used in premium products.
Degrees of hardness
- Low – inside the products there is foam rubber or Bonnel spring (economy class) or material with a memory effect. Suitable for thin people.
- above average – a soft mattress with a durable spring block or a solid top layer of filler (coconut coir or horsehair). Good for teenagers.
- Medium – combined type, in which one side is hard, the other is soft. In models with a block of independent springs, coconut filler and a medium-density jacquard underlay are placed on top. Universal option.
- below average – implies the presence of a reinforced spring block and a thick layer of solid fillers. Recommended for overweight people and those suffering from chondrosis.
- high – monolithic coconut plate, reinforced springs and elastic stitching. Such products are intended for medicinal purposes.
Maximum load per seat
This indicator is just as important as stiffness, especially for large people. If the model is double, then the weight of each person is meant. A standard mattress can withstand a load of 100 kg, more rigid models – 160 kg, and hard ones – up to 300 kg. Of course, the bed frame must comply with these indicators.
Structural strength is achieved by strengthening the spring blocks and adding solid fillers. If you do not take into account the load indicator in place, then the filler will flatten out and will not be able to return to its original shape.
The size can be standard or custom. But in general, products are divided into 4 types:
- One and a half
Suitable for different bed types. Size variations:
- length (120 – 180 cm for children, 190-200 cm for adults);
- width (children from 60 to 80 cm, adults from 80 to 200 cm);
- height (springless models 6-24 cm, spring 12-50 cm).
Single mattresses are considered to be up to 100 cm wide, one and a half – 120-150 cm, double – 160-200 cm.
In stores you can find rectangular, square and even round products. If the bed is a non-standard size, then it is easy to order a mattress of the required parameters for it at the factory.
Number of layers of filler
- Base or springs
If the mattress is springless, then its first layer is a filler. In the second version, the spring block will become the basis. In improved products, a metal frame is placed along the perimeter of the spirals at the top and bottom. It gives rigidity and strength.
- Rigid internal fillers
This layer extends the life of the product with or without springs. Felt or latex is laid on the main filler or spirals, which protects them from abrasion. This is a kind of shock absorber. The elasticity of the structure depends on the thickness and quantity of materials.
- Soft inner fillers
So that the felt fibers do not prick through the stitch of the mattress, the next layer is laid. This is artificial polyurethane foam or natural coconut.
The lining of the mattress should be made of natural fabric (linen, cotton) so as not to create static electricity and a greenhouse effect inside the structure. Knitwear and jacquard are also popular.
A typical mattress consists of 4 layers. For simple models, two are enough – a filler and a cover. In springless products, up to 10 alternating layers of two materials are often laid to increase elasticity.
Equipment and accessories
Standard mattresses do not have any additional features. But from well-known manufacturers you can find interesting models. So, “Ascona” saturates the filler with silver ions, which kill harmful microbes.
- Sides with different stiffness useful for people suffering from seasonal exacerbations of diseases of the bones and joints. In summer and winter, they can sleep on the soft side, and in spring and autumn – on the hard side.
- Multizones – Another element of orthopedic action. Reinforced spring blocks are placed in 3, 5 or 7 sections of the mattress. This ensures uniform support for all parts of the body: head, shoulders, waist, hips, knees, calves, feet. In each zone, the springs are adjusted to the expected weight load.
- Popular in cold regions covers “winter/summer”. One side is lined with wool, the other is lined with cotton. Due to this, in cool weather it is warmer to sleep, and in the heat the body does not sweat.
- filler or memory foam mattress topper can be called differently: Tempur, Memory, Memory Form, etc. And the material is the same – viscoelastic foam. At room temperature, it is in an elastic state, and when heated from the body, it softens.
- Some models are impregnated anti-allergic, fire-fighting, antistatic compounds. They are safe for humans, have no smell. The function is useful for asthmatics, allergy sufferers, children.
- As accessories, removable covers, mattress covers, handles and vacuum packaging. The last attribute is convenient for transportation.
- Mattress cover protects the surface from contamination, leakage, puffs or cuts. It is easy to wash in the machine. Conventional covers are made of a thin layer of foam rubber lined with cotton, polyester or lyocell (textile made from cellulose).
- Handles on the sides of the case make it easier to roll over. A removable cover with a zipper can act as a mattress topper.
Advantages and disadvantages
There are many varieties of mattresses, all have their own advantages and disadvantages, identified based on user reviews.
Dependent spring mattresses
- bilateral configuration;
- high maximum load;
- affordable price.
- short service life;
- inconvenient to transport and store;
- are not ventilated;
- static electricity accumulates;
- microbes accumulate.
- springs rest against all parts of the body.
Independent spring mattresses
- bilateral configuration;
- high compliance with orthopedics;
- no motion sickness effect;
- high load on the site;
- additional equipment;
- do not sag over time;
- comfortable sleep.
- inconvenient to transport and store;
- static electricity accumulates;
- poor ventilation, microbes accumulate.
- comfortable to lie in any position;
- do not creak;
- do not rock;
- do not generate static electricity;
- serve at least 10 years (natural filler);
- well ventilated;
- Easily roll up for transport
- suitable for everyone;
- nothing rests on the sides.
- low-quality filler is quickly flattened;
- get wet and take a long time to dry.
- the ability to change the degree of rigidity;
- people with a large difference in weight can sleep at the same time.
From cons mixed mattresses found only a solid price.
How to choose a mattress
Choosing the right mattress is a complex and responsible process. The right decision depends on many factors:
- The size
- Maximum load per seat
- Additional functions
How to choose a mattress for a newborn
For a baby, the mattress should be hard or medium. As for the springs, the Bonnel design is contraindicated for children under one year old. An independent unit will provide the necessary support. The springless option is suitable if it has a high-quality filler.
With the size, everything is simple: measure the crib lattice and report the numbers to the seller. The mattress must fit perfectly, otherwise it will curl or bend. Standard dimensions for newborn cribs are 60 x 120 cm or 70 x 140 cm. The ideal height is 7-8 cm.
As a filler for small children, natural latex is best suited. It is moderately rigid, quickly restores its shape, and is environmentally friendly. Coconut filler is also good for kids. It does not absorb water, is well ventilated and provides excellent support.
Horse hair has the same properties, but it can cause allergies. Foam rubber and batting are inexpensive, but do not have an orthopedic effect.
As additional functions, processing from dust, moisture and microbes will not interfere. Allergy sufferers will facilitate sleep appropriate impregnation. Be sure to purchase a mattress pad. It will protect the product from damage, dirt and leaks.
It is recommended to check the availability of certificates of quality and compliance with GOST.
How to choose a mattress for a teenager
A good length for a teenage mattress is 180 cm, width 80–90 cm for a single bed, height 10–15 cm. You need to calculate with a margin.
If springs, then in independent blocks. A model without spirals should be filled with hypoallergenic, natural material. Teenagers are overweight, so you should pay attention to the elasticity of the mattress. Slender children need a product with an average or above average degree. Full – below average or hard.
Don’t buy cheap stuff. Children love to jump, it will spoil quickly.
How to choose a mattress for adults
First you need to decide whether you need a single or double mattress. With or without springs. The size should correspond to the dimensions of the bed and the complexion of future users. The length is calculated by the formula: height + 15 cm. It is advisable to choose the thickness in accordance with the height of the bed.
As for the maximum load per seat, you need to focus on your actual weight plus 15 kg. If the weight is 130 kg, then it is recommended to buy a product with a maximum load per seat of up to 160 kg.
Useful additional features add value to a bed, but some are hard to do without:
- If you are allergic to dust, you need an impregnation that repels dirt.
- If a small child sleeps on the mattress along with adults, moisture protection treatment is necessary. Otherwise, the material will quickly deteriorate, become saturated with unpleasant odors.
- Spring models also require antistatic treatment. The magnetic field formed by metal parts attracts dust.
It is worth checking the quality of the stitching of the cover, zippers, if any. Hooks, oblique lines speak of clandestine manufacture.
Reliable companies provide illustrative cross-sectional samples of mattresses.
Which is better
Spring Bonnels – last century. But they have the right to exist in some cases:
- in the country;
- on the bed for guests;
- as a temporary option if the budget is limited.
Mattress with independent spring unit good buy if:
- have back problems
- people of different weight categories will sleep;
- need a durable one.
The number of springs is better around 1000pcs/sq. m. In this case, it is desirable to choose models with a metal frame around the perimeter. This will extend the service life.
Products with memory material are ideal for bedridden people to prevent bedsores. Rheumatic pains are also blunted.
A mattress without springs is better in many respects, so in all other cases it is worth giving preference to it.
How to use
Using and cleaning spring models
- A new mattress must be ventilated for at least 24 hours from factory odors. You can vacuum the cover with a furniture brush. Then it is recommended to repeat this monthly.
- If vacuum packaging was used for transportation, then you can lie down on the product at least 2 days after opening. Takes the full form of the mattress within 10 days.
- Every mattress needs to be turned over regularly. The first 3 months this is done every 2 weeks. Then 4 times a year. Moreover, it is necessary to change not only the top and bottom, but also the side of the head and legs. The side handles will help.
- After vacuuming, wipe the cover on both sides with a damp soft cloth. We must not forget about the base of the bed, dirt also accumulates there.
- If, nevertheless, the fabric is very dirty, it is better to contact a special furniture cleaning service. At home, they will quickly and safely put the sheathing in order without wetting the filler.
Using and cleaning springless models
There are no special differences in the operation of products with springs and without them. It is important that the springless frame exactly fits the dimensions of the bed. And the weight of the users was below the maximum load by 15–20 kg.
The main problem of such mattresses is the deformation of the filler. Therefore, it is important to follow the rules of transportation:
- only in a horizontal position;
- no ropes, bandages, loads lying on top.
Springless items should be turned over more often – every 2 months. As a base, it is better to use a flat area made of plywood or similar material. Between the slats, over time, the surface of the mattress will squeeze out.
Caring for a springless mattress is easy. Despite the fact that it does not contain metal parts that can rust, it is strongly impossible to wet the product. Therefore, it is easier to purchase a mattress cover that is easy to wash in a machine. The case itself should be cleaned regularly with a damp cloth or sponge. Then leave to dry naturally.
If there is coconut coir inside, then the product is allowed to be beaten with a clapperboard. Polyurethane foam filling is afraid of mechanical stress, so dry cleaning is indicated for it. For example, a powerful vacuum cleaner.
FROM some types of stains you can try it yourself:
- lipstick is erased with a cotton pad dipped in alcohol;
- chewing gum quickly disappears if ice is applied to it;
- red wine is covered with soda for half an hour, and then any cleaning agent is applied in the form of foam.
If you follow simple tips, then any mattress will last longer than the manufacturer claims.
What not to do:
- jump or walk on the surface;
- store upright;
- fold in half (unless otherwise noted);
- bend the edges or leave on weight to adjust to the size of the bed;
- exceed the maximum allowable load;
- more than a month to operate on a bare floor;
- douse with water;
- expose to sunlight and high temperatures;
- be placed next to heating radiators;
- use aggressive cleaning agents.
Any model, with or without springs, is not designed for vertical loading. Therefore, jumping and improper transportation quickly deform the structure. There are models that are not afraid of folding several times. Information is indicated on the label with a special icon. They are suitable for sofas.
Drying in the sun or with a heat gun will warp the inner layers of the mattress. Radiators work the same way. In order not to start a fire, you can not go to bed with an electric heating pad. In the event of a short circuit, even refractory impregnation will not save you from property damage.
Stubborn stains will have to be entrusted to professionals, aggressive friction or a chemical agent will hopelessly ruin the cover and filler.
The warranty period for the mattress starts from the moment of payment. Like any other product, you can return it within 14 days if a manufacturing defect is found.
The goods will not be exchanged and the money will not be returned if:
- mechanical damage to the surface (spots, cuts, holes) was detected;
- the side handles are torn off (they are only for turning the mattress over);
- bent metal frames (during transportation);
- the surface of the cover in the bumps (the wrong base for the mattress);
- the product turned out to be too high or uncomfortable;
- unsuitable appearance due to improper use;
- dents less than 3 cm (incorrectly selected maximum load);
- unpleasant odor (needs to be ventilated more often).
An examination is able to accurately determine whether the mattress is intentionally damaged or if the manufacturer is at fault.
Guaranteed return cases
The following defects are considered factory failures of the mattress:
- spring blocks or individual elements are damaged (creaking, pits, bulges);
- uneven stitching on the cover;
- depressions that are not related to the shape of the body;
- wrong geometry.
The buyer needs to remember that the product is handed over for examination in its original form: without blots, clues, with a whole label.
How to claim a warranty return
If you buy a mattress directly from the manufacturer, then he will change the defective product without any problems. But dealers rarely engage in such activities. Therefore, it is necessary to clarify in advance the moment of return, until the contract is drawn up.
If defects are found on a new item, contact the supplier or official representative. Addresses can be found on the Internet or on the warranty card.
Some companies still require to show a sales receipt or cashier’s receipt certifying the fact of purchase. But modern sellers work without documents – by scanning a barcode.
At the point of sale, the buyer writes a statement with a detailed description of the defect, and the receiving manager draws up a complaint. One copy is received by the applicant, the second remains with the seller, the third is transferred to the manufacturer.
By law, the entire return process does not exceed 40 days:
- 10 days to consider the complaint;
- 30 days for examination.
But large companies with a good reputation prefer to make amends faster. They either fix the marriage or exchange the damaged mattress for a new one. When repairing a product, damaged decorative elements are not restored.
If the seller refuses to issue a return, you can send an application by registered mail with notification to the legal address of the company. In case of other illegal actions, it is better to immediately write a complaint to Rospotrebnadzor. An unscrupulous merchant will be punished with a fine and obliged to exchange the goods.
There are many manufacturers of sleeping mattresses on the world market. Among them are some Russian factories.
Spring and springless products with natural and artificial fillers (spunbond, latex, coconut, thermal felt, polyurethane foam, memoriform). Covers are sewn from Golden cover (dense fabric with relief), Silk cover (natural silky material), Magic cover (hygienically clean artificial fabric), viscose, bamboo, jacquard. Price categories depend on the materials used
Has been successfully operating since 2009. At the moment, the company offers only one type of children’s mattresses – wadded. It is moderately hard, as a child needs. Bright colors, cotton lining. You can not only sleep, but also engage in active sports.
The products are approved by Roszdravnadzor. Hourglass-shaped springs provide ideal support for the spine. There are budget models with Bonnel spirals. Fillers – highly elastic foam OrtoFoam, coconut, felt, sisal. Premium options have added silver ions for disinfection. Warranty from 3 to 25 years.
Offers spring, springless and twisted mattresses. For fillers, coconut coir, Ecofoam foam, felt, latex are used. Independent blocks are located at different frequencies. Cases in durable jacquard. Here you can also pick up a mattress topper and an orthopedic base. Prices for every wallet.
Mattresses with excellent orthopedic effect, no allergens and unpleasant odors, minimum service life – 2 years. Models with Bonnel springs and independent blocks, springless and special sofas.
For filling, latex, coconut, polyurethane foam, a memory layer are used. Covers are sewn from dense jersey, jacquard. The price segment is average and above average.
Mattresses are divided into series. At the moment there are 12 of them. Each consumer will quickly find the right product: economy option, premium, massage, compact, double-sided, combined stiffness, with memory effect (memorix), classic. And any sizes and forms under the order are possible. Warranty for products from 1.5 to 10 years.
Independent spring and springless products. Latex, coconut, flexible foam Flexfoam, Memorix are used as fillers. Covers are sewn from a special Dorlastan stretch, which prevents the appearance of microorganisms on the surface and inside the structure. It also provides good ventilation. Despite the low prices, the factory gives a 10-year service guarantee.
Produces 9 series of mattresses for adults. These include: springless and with an independent block. Various shapes and sizes are available upon request. For the filler, coconut, natural perforated latex, polyurethane foam, felt and mesh to protect the springs, sisal are used. Covers are sewn from soft jersey, jacquard, merino wool.
There are roll models that are convenient to transport. As well as multi-zone for a perfect orthopedic effect. The prices are affordable, the product warranty is 1-2 years, depending on the series.
Spring models are divided into 9 types, including patented developments, so everyone will choose the best option for themselves. Traditional fillers made of coconut, PU foam, latex, felt, struttofiber and memorix are combined in such a way that maximum support for the spine is achieved.
For covers use velor “Antistress”, jacquard, polycotton and knitwear. On sale there are bases, mattress covers and removable covers. All goods of own production at affordable prices.
Production of an average and high price segment. But the cost justifies the quality. About 1500 models with different parameters – there is where to roam for a picky buyer.
You can find a mattress with independent springs and without them, for a bed and a sofa, single and for two. Stiffness depends on the combination of fillers: Coconut, Ormafoam, Horsehair, High Resilience Foam, Memory Foam, Tempur Foam, Hallcon or Natural Latex.
Covers are sewn from viscose with polyester or jacquard. A special mesh inside allows air to circulate normally. The Ormatek factory gives a warranty period for products from 1.5 to 5 years. But with proper care, it will easily last a quarter of a century.
It produces products with and without springs. There are roll type models. Various packages of spirals allow you to choose the perfect option for any buyer. Fillers made of coconut, struttofiber, polyurethane foam, latex, eterlon (with memory). Knitted covers come with a zipper to make it easier to wash in the machine. Affordable prices and prompt tailoring.
Offers an unusual solution for mattresses – transformation. Such products are folded several times and stored in any closet or on the balcony. And with the visit of guests, they quickly and simply straighten out into a full-fledged sleeping place. Inside there is Roll Shaum euro-foam, which does not cake.
There are also spring and springless goods in a twist. Hence the name of the company. Some models have unique designer covers in bright colors. RollMatratze never ceases to amaze its customers. Product warranty 5 years.
Ideal for those who want to save money and purchase a product of decent quality. Springless models use naturalform, polyurethane foam or coconut. Latex dilutes independent coil blocks. All materials are safe for human health. The warranty for the product is 1.5 years, but it usually lasts longer.
Quite a large factory, whose facilities are located in the Moscow region, Krasnodar region, Yekaterinburg. It was founded in 2007. The assortment includes children’s mattresses made of modern safe materials. Independent spring and springless products will give children a healthy sleep.
Some models are double-sided – for babies and teenagers. Covers made of natural cotton, fillers: coconut, natural latex, holofiber, thermal felt.
Positions itself as an environmentally friendly factory that takes into account the needs of newborns and young children. All materials included in the mattresses are made from natural raw materials. Inside – natural or artificial latex, coconut coir, high-quality polyester (3D Spacer Fabric), Airoflex (PUF), batting, hallcon and sisal.
Materials are combined depending on the age limit for the product. Covers made of bamboo, cotton, teak are removed for washing. The design uses springs of both dependent and independent types. Warranty 3 years.
Advertising from sponsors: //