A kitchen corner is a furnishing option that allows you to rationally organize the space, equip it with the necessary functionality, and compactly arrange the elements.
Types of kitchen corners
Among the kitchen corners there are:
- Corner-transformer with a berth. This is a folding design that replaces the bed. Used as a bed for guests.
- Kitchenette included. Together with the corner sofa, the set includes a dining table and two stools. This is practical, since all the elements fit together in style.
- Kitchen corner with a table. Functional model, complete with all the necessary elements.
- Kitchen corner without a table. Suitable if you are not satisfied with the table from the kit, and you want to pick it up yourself.
- Set with additional storage space for kitchen utensils.
- Detachable kitchenettes. Versatile furniture that can be folded to the left or right.
- Kitchen corner with additional shelves. Functional and compact option, allows you to save on the purchase of separate cabinets.
- Mini corner. Designed for 3-4 people, will fit into a small kitchen. The set often comes with a sliding table.
Kitchen corners are multifunctional. Tables are needed for family meals, sofas can function as sleeping places. Soft corners are often equipped with spacious drawers designed to store kitchen utensils.
- size (height, width, usable area);
- orientation (left, right);
- upholstery material (leather, leatherette, velor, jacquard);
- frame material (chipboard);
- filler (foam rubber, cotton wool);
The set of kitchen corner, as a rule, includes:
- soft sofa;
- several stools.
Additional accessories for the kitchen corner:
- decorative pillows.
They have to be purchased additionally.
Pros of kitchenettes
- The versatility of designs: the sofa serves as a sleeping place, pull-out cabinets – a place to store kitchen utensils.
- The kits include the necessary furniture items for the kitchen, selected by style, size, texture, so you don’t have to look for them separately.
- Roomy and comfortable with a rationally selected configuration.
- Profitable and functionally fill the space, set the tone for the overall design, wall decoration.
- It is not always easy to choose a kitchen set in the required style.
- Conservative furniture ensemble, monotonous sets.
- Most of the furniture options are overall and take up a lot of space.
- Furniture sets are not universal, you have to additionally select chairs, stools.
How to choose a kitchen corner
- Consider the size of the kitchen. The dining area should not fill a lot of space, leave 70-90 cm for the passage, at least 60 cm.
Choose a kitchen corner when measurements are ready and a kitchen design project has been drawn up. It is advisable to place the furniture away from the refrigerator, stove and sink.
- For a small room, choose a sofa or bench. If there is a lot of free space, you can pick up a soft corner and save on chairs.
- Notice the upholstery. It should harmoniously fit into the overall interior, match the color, be practical. Among the popular and unpretentious materials in care are plush, flock, ivy, microfiber, chenille.
Pile fabrics are rubbed and fade in the sun. A good choice is a Teflon-coated fabric base.
- The best material is leather, but leather substitutes are not inferior to natural leather in terms of characteristics. Such materials are durable, fire resistant, breathe well. Plus synthetics – hypoallergenicity.
- Foam rubber is used to fill upholstered furniture. It is important that it is dense and elastic. Polyurethane foam is environmentally friendly and holds its shape well.
- Look at the quality of the seams. Needle marks or inaccurate overlap are clearly visible. To avoid mechanical damage, the fabric is stitched with a dense thread.
- Pay attention to the frame of the kitchen corner. It is desirable to choose materials that are durable and environmentally friendly. A safe option is class E1 chipboard with a low level of formaldehyde.
If finances allow, it is better to choose a frame made of wood (birch, pine).
- When choosing a folding corner with a berth, pay attention to the availability of free space for rearranging the table and chairs. The optimal backrest thickness is about 5 cm. Armrests and pillows are unnecessary.
- When purchasing pouffes, stools, banquettes that are not included in the set, make sure that the color of the furniture matches the sleeping area.
- Pay attention to whether the orientation (left or right) suits your layout. This must be noted in the order. Perhaps you need upholstered furniture in the shape of the letter U or U.
- Kitchen sofas have a spacious storage box under the folding seat. Economy class mini-corners are not always equipped with drawers.
- For small kitchens, pick up mini-corners with two or three seats. Popular sizes are 107 by 107 cm or 110 by 110 cm.
- Kitchen corners should match the decoration of the room in color and style. If the walls are patterned, choose plain upholstered furniture. Dilute bright colors with neutral shades.
If the walls are made in monotonous colors, pick up a set of rich colors. Pay attention to the size of the room: light furniture is suitable for small kitchens, dark furniture for spacious ones.
- With inactive lighting, use light upholstery in such colors: sunny yellow, orange, warm beige. Spacious rooms can be equipped with a dark palette suite.
Which is better
The best option for a kitchen corner:
- Suitable for the interior in style, size, tone, texture.
- Made from high quality and safe materials.
- Does not take up much space, compact.
- Features a durable frame and high quality seams.
- Multifunctional: used as a bed, equipped with pull-out cabinets for storing plates, sets of knives and other utensils.
Recommendations for the use and care of the soft corner:
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight, as this may cause the furniture to fade. Close the curtains tightly in the summer, the best protection is the blinds.
- To clean the surface of the headset, use a stain remover, then rinse the area with warm water. Use only soft brushes and sponges.
- Velor, jacquard or flock fabrics can be cleaned with a classic or manual vacuum cleaner.
- Use baby soap to remove stains from leather.
- For regular cleaning of upholstered furniture from dust once a month, do the following procedure: spray the sofa with water from a spray bottle, evenly distribute the detergent over the entire surface and brush the furniture with a brush. Wash the sofa thoroughly with warm water afterwards.
If the corner is made of synthetic fabrics, treat it with an antistatic agent. The tool will save the furniture from the accumulation of dust.
- Clean laminated or wooden surfaces with a damp microfiber cloth once a week. Wipe down the countertop after every meal.
- Treat fabric-based models made of microfiber and suede with special water-repellent compounds.
- Test a new cleaner or detergent on an inconspicuous area of the upholstery to see how the fabric reacts.
- Immediately upon delivery of the headset, wipe the surface with a soft cloth. At sub-zero temperatures, condensation forms on the furniture, which must be removed.
- Equip a kitchen hood, this will allow you to maintain the correct temperature and optimum humidity in the room, protect soft surfaces from getting steam on them.
- Make sure that sharp objects do not fall on the soft corner, they can damage the coating.
The warranty card for upholstered furniture is transmitted along with the passport and is valid for the warranty period (18 months), provided that the furniture is properly transported, used and the recommendations for caring for the furniture are followed.
Warranty service covers the repair or replacement of defective parts of the product.
Free repair is not carried out in such cases:
- in case of violation of the rules of transportation, delivery or storage of furniture;
- in case of non-compliance with the technical rules of service;
- in the presence of traces of exposure to liquids, solvents, mechanical damage;
- if there are traces of repair without examination;
- when making changes to the product design.
The following are not considered furniture defects:
- a slight difference in the shades of the upholstery of fabrics, paintwork or in the pattern of the pattern, if this does not spoil the overall appearance,
- small hairline cracks
- light folds on the finishing material.
Faults and repairs
The first thing that wears out in upholstered furniture is the fabric base. To restore the sofa, you will need to choose the upholstery material and filler. Tapestry is the most common, followed by velor and jacquard.
These fabrics are durable and virtually indestructible. When choosing leatherette as a material, be careful: low-quality leatherette peels off and wears out quickly.
As a filler, foam rubber, synthetic winterizer, batting, fluff, cotton wool, horse hair, bamboo fibers, polymeric materials are used. When buying materials, consider the size of the corner, it is better to purchase 15 percent more fabric than you need.
Start repairs with small structures: stools, chairs.
- Remove unnecessary items, leaving only what is necessary for work.
- Remove the studs or staples that used to hold the upholstery. Use pliers or a flat head screwdriver. Do this carefully so as not to damage the old fabric base.
- Attach the removed fabric to the new upholstery material, outline the contours with chalk or soap, adding another 2-3 centimeters.
- Cover the springs with a thick cloth, then proceed to laying the filler. Foam rubber is fixed with a stapler on the frame or glued to the base of the furniture. Cotton wool and synthetic winterizer are fastened with coarse cotton fabric, coarse calico or canvas.
- Carefully sew two patterns, distributing the fabric evenly on different parts of the furniture.
- Fix the joints with a furniture stapler, you can use carnations and a hammer.
If the parts are dry, or you see cracks appearing on the springs, contact a specialist company, you may have to replace part of the fastener.
In case of other breakdowns, you can do it yourself:
- When the wooden frame is destroyed, glue the broken parts of the product with carpentry glue, tighten with self-tapping screws or replace with new parts.
- If scratches are visible on wooden furniture, paint over them. Minor imperfections can be hidden with a clear cosmetic varnish. For deep cracks, use special wax. Heat the substance and rub it inside the structure.
- Deep pits or chips are filled with putty. Apply the product in thin, even layers. After drying the furniture, treat these places with sandpaper, wipe them and hide them with varnish.
- Full restoration of wood involves the removal of old hinges, fasteners, removal of old paint, drying, painting, varnishing and painting.
To remove paint, cover the surface with a special agent, wipe off the old layer and remove rust from metal elements.
- For painting, use acrylic paint or alkyd enamel. To evenly spray the substance around the perimeter, choose sprays. Working tools – sponge, brush, roller.
- For lacquering, choose a glossy, matte or silky lacquer.
Manufacturers of kitchenettes
The company produces furniture for office and home.
- lunch groups,
- corner sofas,
Available in 10 wood tones (wenge, cherry, walnut, white and cream gloss) and up to 50 upholstery colors. Fabric bases: genuine leather and goat, flock, chenille and jacquard. For the manufacture of countertops, tempered glass and artificial stone are used.
Russian factory of cabinet furniture, founded in 1999. Today – a large network of stores in Russia and neighboring countries. Among the products are kitchens, walls, nurseries, wardrobes, beds, computer and office tables.
The company works according to Western technologies, uses German, Italian, American equipment. Stolplit offers over 80 upholstery colors and a wide range of styles from classic to modern.
Products are subject to strict certification, when buying, a warranty card is required.
A holding of manufacturing and trading companies specializing in the manufacture of environmentally friendly wood products and cabinet furniture.
Furniture products include living rooms, bedrooms, nurseries, hallways, kitchens, wardrobes, kitchen corners, computer tables. Small furniture is presented (wall shelves, TV cabinets, hangers, panel mirrors).
Products are prepared according to original design projects, taking into account the demand of modern customers and fashion trends. The designs are aesthetic, practical, environmentally friendly and durable.
The kitchen corner set includes a table, corner sofa, stools, benches, corner shelves, pouffes. For the manufacture of headsets, only environmentally friendly woods, fiberboard, upholstery on a fabric or leather basis are used.
A warranty card is provided for 24 months from the date of purchase of the product. Paid service is provided after the warranty period has expired.
Advertising from sponsors: //