HOW TO CHOOSE A MEMORY CARD? – 1a.lt
Memory cards are in cameras, mobile phones, camcorders for storing a large amount of information. Get acquainted with the main parameters of memory cards in this guide!
- Micro SD – This is the most popular type of memory cards. They are used in most modern devices – in smartphones, tablet computers, cameras, etc.
- SD cards (Secure Digital) are larger and are primarily designed for SLR cameras. SD memory cards, as well as Micro SD, have increased data storage security, as well as high data reading and writing speeds.
- CF (CopmpactFlash) is slightly larger than SD memory cards. This type of memory card is also used in cameras. They stand out for their high speed of writing and reading data.
- There are also other formats of memory cards, for example, MMC (MultiMediaCard), xD-Picture Card, which are used in cameras, and MemoryStick (removable memory card format), but these days they are practically no longer used.
- Before purchasing a memory card, make sure what kind of memory card is needed for your phone or camera by checking the technical specification of the product.
Types of memory cards are divided into several types. SD memory cards are divided into SDHC and SDXC types. Capacity of SDHC memory cards (Secure Digital High Capacity) is larger (from 2 to 32 GB), in turn, the amount of SDXC memory (Secure Digital eXtended Capacity) ranges from 64 to 2000 GB. This division also applies to Micro SD memory cards. CF cards have the CFast 2.0 type available – these cards have very high write and read speeds. Memory Stick PRO Duo media is designed for digital cameras and some mobile phones and other small devices. It is worth paying attention to the type of memory cards, because, for example, not all devices that use SD memory cards support SDHC or SDXC cards.
The adapter allows you to connect a memory card to a computer. The most common types of adapters are SD and USB. Micro SD cards often come with an SD adapter. It is useful because many portable computers have an SD memory card reader available, thus, by placing the Micro SD card in the adapter and the adapter into the computer, you can conveniently and quickly transfer the necessary files. In addition, with an SD adapter, you can use a Micro SD memory card in a device that supports SD memory cards. The USB adapter allows you to connect a memory card to a computer via a USB input.
Specified in gigabytes (GB). The larger the capacity of the card, the more files you can store on it. The capacity of memory cards reaches 256 GB or more.
Specifies how fast files can be written to and read from the card. The speed is indicated in megabytes per second (MB / s), mainly dividing cards into several classes (Class). Number for Class indicates already mentioned MB/s, for example, Class 10 is 10 MB/s. In turn, in CF memory cards, the speed is indicated by numbers. The speed of most models ranges from 4 to 10 MB / s, but in the fastest cards it can even exceed the mark of 500 MB / s. Memory cards have different write and read speeds.
Protection from external circumstances
There are also various designations for memory cards that you should pay attention to. UHS memory cards (Ultra High Speed) are specially designed for high-definition video recording due to their high speed. ECC (Error Correcting Code) eliminates errors in the process of writing or reading files, if any. And RecoveRx is software that allows you to get back files deleted from the card.
Compare and contact us!
Given the large selection of memory cards, the comparison function can help you, and if you have a question, write to us in the online chat!
Tags: choose, Mattresses