Have you decided to try a relatively new mode of transport for fun or save time and money on public transport? In this case, there is a reason to pay attention to our rating of the best electric scooters in 2021 in terms of price and quality ratio, because we have collected models taking into account the needs of ordinary readers.
We tried to take into account the interests of different categories of users, so we included in our selection the best models for different cases:
- For driving on asphalt – a universal option (wheel diameter 7 inches) with a mass in the region of 13-15 kilograms and a power in the region of 200-250 W;
- For driving on smooth asphalt, you can stop at compact ready-made models with a diameter of up to 7 inches. Smaller wheels require less power to accelerate;
- For a child, there must be a stable frame, large wheels that are not afraid of pits and low power;
- Speed lovers need to aim for powerful devices with more than 250W, compact size and large battery, because high performance means fast battery consumption, up to 12000 mAh.
The best electric scooters for kids
Speaking about the choice of a scooter for children, we left questions related to technical characteristics. Instead, they focused on the quality of the monolithic steering wheel, wheel stability, reliability and build quality of such sports cars. As a rule, such models have a low resource, low speed (up to 15 kilometers per hour), but accurate brakes and a solid design.
HIPER Wing K1
The first 15 electric scooters are opened by the HIPER Wing K1 series for children, which has a lithium-ion battery for only 10 kilometers. The power of the power plant is 60 W, which allows the car to accelerate to 6 kilometers per hour. As you understand from the declared parameters, this unit is designed for young athletes. Tires come in 5-inch and 3.5-inch. The case has high-quality protection against moisture, which indicates a long service life. Speed control in entry-level models is usually handled by the accelerator pedal, and this car is no exception. The maximum load can be 55 kilograms.
- protection class IPX4;
- optimal wheels;
- gas pedal.
- cheap housing.
Razor Power Core E90
The Power Core E90 model completes the list of inexpensive electric scooters for children from 8 years old. We are talking about the youngest line of the company Razor. The main advantage of this line is a powerful electric disc that eliminates the need to get off the ground. At the same time, the engineers of a well-known company did not abuse the technical characteristics and used a not very powerful 100 W motor. Such a power plant supports a maximum speed of 15 km / h. Autonomy is 10 kilometers or about 50 minutes of travel. The monolithic design, in turn, indicates an increased level of security. However, like the T-handle, the device, judging by customer reviews, constantly behaves on asphalt and even on dirt roads.
- good stability;
- good wheel diameter
- optimal performance.
- there is a more powerful version.
If you do not know which electric scooter to choose for a child, pay attention to the Halten Junior model. This is clearly not the most popular brand compared to the products of other brands presented in our rating, but it did not deserve the mistrust of buyers. This is confirmed by reviews of this line of scooters. This particular model hits 6 mph with 150 watts of power. A good quality rear foot brake is used, as well as good deck coverage. Among other things, users note a well-thought-out design that can be folded in just 5-6 seconds. The range of this machine is 10 kilometers. The device weighs about 5 kilograms.
- easy transportation;
- travel distance;
- good power;
- good construction.
- it’s not the best known brand.
Razor Power Core E100
In fairness, this model differs from its predecessor by a minimum of parameters, up to 2 kilometers per hour (difference in maximum speed), but we are talking about flagship models, so we could not ignore the existence of these two lines of electric scooters for children. The Razor Power Core E100 can handle children weighing up to 55 kg, providing a top speed of 18 km / h. Stability even when passing holes and holes in the asphalt is guaranteed by large inflatable wheels with a diameter of 20 centimeters. The battery lasts for 25 kilometers at a maximum tilt angle of 15 degrees. This is an excellent indicator for this price category. At the same time, it takes about 6 hours to charge the battery, which is a good result and the merit of engineers.
- good battery;
- maximum speed;
- wheel diameter;
- Weight Limit;
- relatively fast charging.
Ninebot eKickScooter Zing E8
The best children’s electric scooter of 2021 is the Ninebot eKickScooter Zing E8, which has just entered the market, but has already attracted the attention of a wide audience of buyers. The maximum rider weight can be 50 kilograms. The user suggests this transport for children aged 4 years and older. The folding design is uncompromising in terms of durability. The good news is good cushioning and good support. The steering wheel can be adjusted in height. The case is made according to the IPX4 standard. In addition, the design weighs less than 8 kilograms. This low weight was achieved through the use of a durable aluminum bridge. The diameter of the rear wheel in this model is 15 centimeters. The maximum speed is 14 km / h. The model is enough for 10 kilometers.
- good wheel size
- quality of materials;
- steering wheel adjustment;
- folding design.
The best electric scooters for price and quality
This category contains more powerful and expensive models for adult users. At the same time, we tried to take into account different needs: off-road driving, working in the city, traveling at high speed. Therefore, this collection contains templates for various activities. We highlighted this in our roundup of the best electric scooters. We also tried to briefly describe the general opinion of the products based on the reviews we read on various sites. We hope this will help you make your choice.
Ninebot Kickscooter ES2
The assessment of electric scooters in terms of price and quality is complemented by the Ninebot Kickscooter ES2 model, designed to move around city streets. Including not impeccable quality. This transport can reach speeds of up to 20 kilometers per hour and cover a distance of up to 20 kilometers. The powerful model is equipped with good reflectors and protection against intrusions. That is, there is a blocking from theft. The device has a convenient folding design and a good headlight. There is a digital screen on the steering wheel through which users can monitor the top speed and monitor the battery. Braking, as well as gear shifting, is carried out using heavy hammers. There is a speed control function, because of which it was necessary to increase the cost of the equipment. The foot brake is located above the rear fender.
- there is cruise control;
- travel time;
- simple gear shifting;
- folding design;
- not the best line.
KUGOO M4 Pro
Arguably the best off-road electric scooter available today is the KUGOO M4 Pro. We note right away that this line is able to withstand the weight of users up to 160 kilograms and overcome up to 40 kilometers from a single battery charge. Reliable transport accelerates to 45 kilometers per hour, while providing the fastest braking among analogues. The rear brake provides good performance. There is a seat that can be removed. There is an excellent dashboard on the steering wheel, with which you can monitor the remaining charge and speed. According to customer reviews, you can understand that the technique is suitable for moving on the sidewalk, as well as on a flat road. However, given our experience, we see that for a smooth pavement this is not ideal.
- good autonomy;
- Weight Limit;
- movement speed;
- seat quality.
- not ideal for flat roads.
Ninebot KickScooter Max G30P
Another good price and quality electric scooter for off-road driving, which simultaneously supports three operating modes: standard, sport and economy. In the latter case, you can drive up to 65 kilometers. This is a great indicator for long distance travel. Maximum power in sport mode can reach 65 kilometers per hour with a maximum climb angle of 15 degrees. Charging the installed battery takes 6 hours. The model has a folding design, protected according to the IPX5 standard. The downside is that such a unit weighs about 19 kilograms. There is a display, a flashlight, a signal.
- maximum speed;
- economy mode;
- charging time;
- case quality;
- good equipment.
KUGOO G2 Pro
For high-speed riding, in our opinion, the best choice today is the KUGOO G2 Pro model, capable of speeds up to 55 km / h. This device has large 10-inch wheels, which can be explained by the need for a higher level of safety for the rider. In addition, its weight can reach 150 kilograms. Power reserve 45 kilometers. The engineers of the leading electric scooter developer paid due attention to the build quality: there is a display, a stylish design, backlight, and the design is not afraid of moisture. In addition, users respond positively to the ergonomics and comfort of the seat. Considering the combination of advantages, we could not find any disadvantages.
- power 800 W;
- good move;
- careful design;
- elegant design.
Xiaomi Mijia M365 Pro
The best electric scooter of 2021 is the Xiaomi Mijia M365 Pro, which, according to our resource, actually has an ideal value for money. The features of this series include a large target audience (from 12 years old to adult users) as well as a well-thought-out design. The foldable case comes with a stand, screen, flashlight, alarm clock and is suitable for recovery. The design can support users with a maximum weight of up to 100 kilograms. You can reach speeds of up to 25 km / h, counting on a range of 45 kilometers. Implemented the ability to connect the car to a smartphone, 3 modes of operation are available.
- simple folding;
- power reserve;
- optimal performance;
- power 300W.
The best electric scooters for city driving
When choosing an electric scooter, adults face a number of important issues: price / quality, speed, wheel quality, construction type, and much more. In most cases, such transport is purchased for business trips and, first of all, it is necessary to take advantage of the distance. At the same time, I would like to get to my destination as soon as possible, but a powerful power plant will discharge the battery faster … What should I do? Compare the models below to see which of the more popular options works best.
Kugoo S3 Pro
The Kugoo S3 Pro model, released last year, has joined the list of good electric scooters for the city. At the same time, the demand for this product prompted the company to continue to produce a quality and lively “two-wheeled horse” at its factory in Jilong (China). At the same time, the scooter attracts with its bright design, modified wheels and ease of driving in urban conditions. The transport rack is easily fixed and adjustable in three positions in height. For this reason, there are no restrictions on growth. To fold the steering wheel, you need to perform only a few discrete actions: press two buttons. When folded, the device weighs 11 kg, so it is easy to carry in your hands. In this case, the maximum user weight can reach 150 kilograms. The advantages of the premium version of this electric scooter include an informative on-board computer that informs you about the charge level, travel time, current gear and speed. Thanks to the new electric motor, the maximum speed of the model can reach 35 kilometers per hour. Considering such power, the manufacturer decided to install high-quality regenerative braking
- good speed;
- on-board computer;
- weight is only 11 kg.
- dissipates quickly in cold weather.
Xiaomi Mijia Electric Scooter M365
Mijia Electric Scooter M365 is another high-end electric city scooter from Xiaomi designed for normal city driving. The model has a high-quality assembly, which is beyond doubt after 300 km of racing. Particular attention should be paid to the proprietary Mi Home application, which is regularly updated. On average, the battery lasts for 20 kilometers at an ambient temperature of up to 0 degrees. Drains faster in cold weather. The only serious drawback is the compartment cover – ribbed plastic (difficult to wash). As for the technical characteristics, everything is in order with them. The wheel diameter is 8.5 inches, the rated motor power is 250 watts. The manufacturer recommends the model to users weighing up to 100 kilograms. The maximum speed is 25 km / h. As you understand, the case is waterproof.
- life expectancy;
- good battery;
- good speed;
- mi casa app.
- Weight Limit.
Kugoo Max Speed
If you have not yet decided which electric city scooter to choose for an adult, we recommend that you pay attention to the Max Speed model from Kugoo, which can withstand weight up to 160 kilograms. The advantages of the device include a convenient folding design, steering wheel adjustment, high-quality shock absorption, a stand, good wheels, a flashlight, a brake light and advanced seats. The model has a high level of protection IP54, which means that you do not need to worry about moisture and dust getting into the case. The downside is that the weight of the structure is 22 kilograms. But inflatable wheels, a solid frame and a fairly powerful motor are worth it. The maximum speed reaches 40 kilometers per hour.
- protection class IP54;
- strong frame;
- excellent discs;
- good speed.
Ninebot KickScooter Max
The Ninebot Kickscooter MAX model looks very solid in the premium segment. We are talking about a powerful urban electric scooter capable of speeds up to 30 kilometers per hour with a maximum load of 100 kilograms. The model is equipped with soft ergonomic grips, with which you can easily hold the steering wheel in the desired position at maximum speed. In fact, the weight of the structure is 18 kilograms, so even a teenager can cope with this task. In this case, the motor power is 350 watts. On a single charge, this car can travel up to 65 kilometers under normal conditions. The body is made from lightweight aircraft grade aluminium. The investigator has no doubts about the strength of the equipment.
- battery capacity;
- engine power;
- build quality;
- bright design.
- heavy construction.
Xiaomi Mijia Electric Scooter M365 Pro
The best electric scooter in the city in 2021 is Xiaomi Mijia Electric Scooter M365 Pro. The premium version features an attractive design, agility and optimal performance for a comfortable urban ride. The power is enough to achieve a speed of 25 kilometers per hour with a user weight of up to 120 kilograms. At the same time, the engineers of the Chinese company took care of the availability of a good battery, the capacity of which is enough for 45 kilometers without recharging. Good pedaling is provided by large wheels with a diameter of 21.5 centimeters. In addition, a comfortable very wide platform has been installed. The rear brake provides smooth braking. No defects found.
- wheel quality;
- smooth braking;
- travel without recharging;
- Weight Limit.
How to choose a good electric scooter?
As you may have guessed from the title of our evaluation headings, in order to understand how to choose an electric scooter, it is necessary to take into account the weight and age of the user. In addition, we already take into account your preferences and the type of coverage you plan to upgrade to. Consider the following aspects:
- Power: optimal for children up to 150 watts, for teenagers up to 250 watts. The most powerful scooters are designed to ride at high speeds. In this case, it is necessary to take into account the maximum weight, that is, the load capacity. Manufacturers also indicate the optimal speed based on the specific angle of inclination.
- The weight of an electric scooter – 13-15 kilograms – is considered a universal value when it comes to city driving. High-speed cars, as practice shows, weigh more, as they have larger batteries and powerful power plants.
- Battery capacity: Mileage depends on this function, but not only on the battery. In general, a 4000 mAh battery will last for 8-9 kilometers. A small battery speaks of compact size, so the declared capacity is enough for children. Regular transportation requires 8 to 12 thousand mAh. Keep in mind that a lot depends on the speed of movement.
- Shock absorbers are another important parameter that determines the comfort of movement over rough terrain. For adult users, this is an extremely important design element.
How to choose an electric scooter for the city? Of course, models with a low weight (up to 13-15 kilograms) are more suitable for city driving, because overall solutions will be difficult to carry even for a short distance, not to mention steps. Another important nuance is the possible assembly of equipment. Next, you should focus on the model with the maximum battery capacity. By wheel diameter: 8-10 inches is optimal. Which brand is the best electric scooter today? Like last year, 3 brands are considered the market leaders, including Kugoo, Ninebot and Xiaomi. What is the wheel diameter for off-road driving? If you are shopping for an adult, this is the best option – 7 inches. Small wheels do not guarantee good stability even in the pits.
Tips for choosing and operating electric scooters
- At what age can you ride an electric scooter? There are many children’s electric scooters on sale with a maximum speed of 10-13 km / h. Such models have wide pneumatic wheels, a seat and a weight of around 6 kilograms. Recommended age from 4 years old. However, the manufacturers are not responsible for the misuse of the equipment. Of course, the admission of young children to electric scooters must be carefully monitored.
- How far can you travel on a single charge and what kind of battery do you need? Unfortunately, the distance that a scooter can cover depends not only on the capacity of the battery, but also on the power of the control unit, the weight of the user, and a number of other technical characteristics. Fortunately, there are models on sale that can travel up to 200 kilometers without recharging the battery. As a rule, manufacturers indicate the distance that an electric scooter travels in one working cycle in the product description.
- How to choose an electric scooter for the city? Considering the intended purpose of the model, it is optimal for an electric scooter to have a convenient folding design (preferably without a seat), to be light in weight, and wear-resistant cast or perforated wheels. A low speed in the range of 25-30 km/h will allow you to ride longer without load. At the same time, do not forget about the backlight in the dark.
- How fast can such transport develop? There are models capable of accelerating to 90 km / h and above. But to achieve such results, manufacturers have to sacrifice compactness, which in itself contradicts the very idea of u200bu200bthe existence of this mode of transport. PS Our opinion.
- What is the best electric scooter? It is impossible to answer this question unambiguously. Today, only in China, several dozen companies engaged in the production of electric scooters are successfully operating. In order not to make a mistake in choosing an electric scooter, you should focus on the products of well-known brands, including Razor, Xiaomi, Amigo, Kugoo, Globber, iTrike Ninebot, Micro and others.
What is the best electric scooter to buy in 2021?
Therefore, it is difficult to collect all the options for different buyers in one list. If you do not know which electric scooter to buy specifically in your case, pay attention to the answers of experts to questions from readers. It indicates which brands of goods they should focus on. Regarding the general conclusion:
- The best electric scooter in the city – Ninebot Kickscooter ES2;
- Good model for rough terrain – KUGOO M4 Pro
- Excellent transport for the price and quality – Xiaomi Mijia M365 Pro;
- The best electric scooter for kids is the Ninebot eKickScooter Zing E8.
Share your opinion, dear readers.