The main difference between cordless screwdrivers and corded screwdrivers is ease of use. This is easily explained by the lack of cables, maneuverability and unlimited reach, because there is no need to worry about the lack of grip and stretching of the holders. As a result, such power tools have a wider scope – they can be used at home, on the street during repair and construction work in various structures, including multi-storey buildings. And it is not surprising that sales of such equipment are growing. In our ranking of the best cordless screwdrivers of 2021, we will try to highlight the most popular and worthy models in two price categories, as well as identify the key parameters that you need to understand in order to choose a good device.
The best budget cordless screwdrivers
Five sizes were collected in this category, including customer reviews, value for money, portability, compactness and versatility. Below you can find reliable devices that can replace both a screwdriver and a drill, which are small in size and have a wide range of action. These power tools can be taken with you on the road, they do not have unnecessary structural elements, but they have a sufficient number of functions and a high level of usability.
The top 10 cordless screwdrivers are opened by the mid-range BORT BAB-12X2LI-FDK, which weighs only 1.4 kg. The device is convenient. Even a novice buyer will cope with unscrewing and unscrewing the fasteners. In addition, the functionality of the tool provides for the preparation of a hole by installing suitable drills. At the same time, the device supports fast battery charging in just 60 minutes. Removable battery. The structure includes a two-speed gearbox, good reverse gear, lighting of the working area. The package is standard, nothing special. In the package you will find two batteries, an adapter and, in fact, the device itself in a convenient carrying bag.
- low price;
- fast charging;
- two batteries;
- two-speed gearbox;
- convenient design.
- device is difficult.
BOSCH GSR 10,8 V-EC HX
Another relatively inexpensive but good cordless screwdriver, suitable for driving, loosening screws and preparing support in wood, ceramics and other hard materials. As usual, the engineers of the German brand have taken care of the high performance of the device, as well as the ease of use of the tool. In particular, you can find good lighting, as well as interchangeable clips (in different colors) to make it easier to identify the working tool. The indication consists of three LEDs at the same time. Among the advantages of the model is an improved “bit holder”, which is perfect for working with standard bits. Also note the simple torque adjustment. Up to 1000 screws can be screwed in with one battery charge. The output torque is measured over a maximum range of 18 Nm. At the same time, the weight of the structure is only 700 grams.
- good indication;
- case quality;
- good host.
- low power.
If you have not decided which cordless screwdriver to choose, we recommend that you pay attention to the Makita DDF 083 Z model with a really high-quality and convenient reverse. In addition to reliable and high-quality parts, this product attracts with its high performance, which is due to the presence of a wear-resistant brushless motor. The engine, judging by user reviews, has a long service life. The 18V lithium-ion battery provides good battery life. Charger and battery may not be included (check with seller). Torque with a tightened screw can reach 40 Nm. Fortunately, the manufacturer has allowed users to customize the performance – 20 settings are available. It is easy to understand that you can work with different types of materials.
- many settings;
- good power;
- expensive spare parts;
- equipped with a battery.
Interskol DA-13/18VK 5220.127.116.11
Another professional two-speed screwdriver with a 1.5 Ah battery that takes about 60 minutes to charge. The model is distinguished not only by a high level of reliability, but also by good performance, up to 1700 rpm, which is a very good indicator for this price category. I was pleased with the convenient design of the pistol and ergonomic equipment with a torque of 45 Nm. At the same time, 19 levels of torque adjustment are available at the same time. This screwdriver weighs approximately 1.4 kg. Also noteworthy is the excellent keyless cartridge, the diameter of which reaches 13 millimeters. Model Interskol DA-13 / 18VK 575 is equipped with a motor brake, excellent electronic protection and lighting. Carrying bag included.
- good power;
- compact size;
- excellent protection;
- convenient design.
The best cordless screwdriver in 2022 in terms of price and quality is the MAKITA DF032DWAE model. The tool is characterized by compact dimensions, elegant design and a good keyless chuck. A spindle lock has been implemented, which is responsible for easy tip replacement: you can perform the task even with one hand. Many buyers appreciated the cruise control, an ergonomic handle with a reverse gear switch in the right place. For accurate work at night there is a backlight. The battery capacity is 1.5 Ah and the rotation speed ranges from 0 to 1700 rpm.
- reliable assembly;
- good battery;
- spindle lock;
- comfortable handle;
- change software.
The best professional cordless drills
Now we offer you the opportunity to get acquainted with semi-professional and premium models designed for preparing holes on different types of surfaces, as well as for screwing and unscrewing fasteners. When assembling the drills, the editors took into account the main parameters, the level of reliability, and customer reviews. Given the requirements for such power tools, we paid due attention to the battery capacity, power and functionality of the selected models. Issues related to the convenience of technology were not left without attention.
METABO PowerMaxx BS
The METABO PowerMaxx BS fills the cordless drill rankings with high quality construction and ease of use. Judging by the reviews, the model has a very good value for money, it is great for assembling furniture, it lasts a long time. The maximum torque of this tool is 34 Nm, it is possible to adjust the performance – the setting range varies from 0 to 1400 rpm. The device is powered by a good lithium-ion battery with a capacity of 2 A / h. Among the useful parameters, one can note a reliable keyless cartridge, the diameter of which is 10 millimeters. For comfortable work, the weight of the structure has been reduced and an ergonomic and durable handle has been used. Even with prolonged use, there is no particular fatigue of the hands. There is, of course, reverse gear and an extra battery.
- backup battery;
- good grip;
- inverse function;
- pretty powerful machine.
- battery capacity.
Another reliable cordless screwdriver for the home that is suitable for a wide range of tasks and has the optimal power reserve for various repair tasks. A semi-professional power tool has a high-quality keyless chuck, the diameter of which can vary from 0.8 to 13 millimeters. Judging by the comments, the MAKITA product has a powerful thruster, sufficient for drilling wood and metal. The maximum value of the torque reaches 42 N * m: the rotation speed can be changed in the range from 0 to 400; From 0 to 1400 rpm Regular regulation implemented, reverse function. The main features include a large 1.3 A / h battery with a voltage of 18 V.
- high power;
- performance adjustment;
- optimal dimensions.
- battery life.
This is definitely a powerful cordless drill driver with a comfortable body and easy adjustment. The device has a compact body, understandable even from the photo, and is great for solving tasks in a cramped workplace. The keyless chuck will allow you to quickly and without any problems to replace equipment. Another benefit is LED backlighting, which allows users to carry out repairs in low natural light. It is worth noting that the manufacturer speaks positively about the relatively high resource of work, which is confirmed by many positive user reviews. Battery capacity 2A / h. Spindle speed, like the main competitors, is 0-450 / 1500 rpm. The maximum torque can reach up to 42 Nm.
- high power;
- compact size;
- high labor resource;
- life expectancy;
- good backlight.
- no engine brake.
METABO BS 18 L
Looking for a good professional cordless screwdriver with a drill function, many customers have already chosen the Metabo BS 18 with a large 2.0 Ah battery. The compact 18 V device received a 10 mm cartridge and a fairly powerful power plant. The main advantages of the tool: long service life and reliable assembly, as well as a three-year manufacturer’s warranty. Features include Metabo ULTRA-M technology, which is responsible for protecting the battery packs during charging. This prevents crashes during peak loads and prevents over-discharging of the battery. The model attracts with its compact size, the presence of a durable clip, LED lighting and a belt clip for working in extreme conditions.
- battery protection;
- 3 year warranty.
BOSCH GSR 180-LI
The best cordless drill driver of 2021 is the Bosch GSR 180-Li, placed in a practical case and powered by an 18 V power unit. The battery capacity is 1.5 Ah. Milking control is simple, two speeds are used, which is enough to loosen and tighten the screws. It is worth noting that the manufacturer equipped the device with a 13 mm keyless cartridge and high-quality LED backlight. Judging by the comments, the device perfectly illuminates the work area. Of particular note is its compact size, light weight and rugged housing. This device is not afraid of mechanical damage. Torque adjustment at 20 and 1 supports a wide operating range.
- reliable model;
- excellent cartridge;
- scope of use;
- convenient adjustment;
- elegant design.
How to choose the right cordless screwdriver?
Speaking about how to choose a good cordless screwdriver, we will proceed from the fact that the average buyer should consider, without delving into the terminology and minor factors:
- Voltage. Household appliances can have a voltage of 7 to 14 V. For professional models, the indicator should not be lower than 18V.
- Strength. This parameter specifies the speed of the power tool. The higher the productivity, the faster it will be possible to tighten the fasteners, make a hole for it. For home repairs, 500 to 800 watts is enough.
- Battery Type. The most popular are lithium-ion batteries that are not afraid of self-discharge, they can be charged up to 3000 times. Nickel-cadmium deteriorates when exposed to cold, at low temperatures they tend to self-discharge. Nickel-metal hydride models are environmentally friendly, lightweight, but expensive. In addition, like the above analogues, they are afraid of frost.
- Pair. Indicates how much force is required to tighten the fastener, how much force the user will need to complete the operation. For example, at 80 Nm, a self-tapping screw up to 20 centimeters long can be inserted into the shaft;
- Rotation frequency. Up to 500 is enough to work exclusively with self-tapping screws, but to drill from 1200 rpm.
Some useful additional options given modern drills and screwdrivers include:
- the impact mechanism is an important element when it is necessary to work with stone and other high-strength materials;
- a signaling device is an indication that warns of the need to charge the device;
- backlight is an important feature if you have to work in places remote from a light source (artificial or natural);
- reverse movement – allows you to unscrew the drill (stuck) or unscrew the screw and is only a necessary option;
- interlocks: there are many different switches, pulses and other options, each of which requires additional costs. Here you need to immediately ask yourself the question of how applicable this or that option is specifically in your operating conditions and corresponds to the goal.
Rating of manufacturers of cordless screwdrivers
In this segment of power tools, it is irrational to ignore the brand name. Branded tools are, of course, more expensive, but when buying, you don’t have to worry about compliance with safety standards: the best manufacturers of cordless screwdrivers use only high-quality materials and in strict compliance with the rules (regardless of where the factory is located). Currently, there are three clear leaders in the production of screwdrivers:
- Metabo offers a 3-year warranty on almost all of its screwdrivers. It is worth noting a fairly large assortment: from budget to professional models with various configurations (with covers, without charging, and others). The collection includes a unit with nickel-cadmium and lithium-ion batteries.
- Makita offers a wide range of home appliances up to 7.5V and professional screwdrivers up to 18V for a wide variety of applications. Budget models of this brand also have backlighting, as a rule, they are well equipped and have a long service life. Often an extra battery is included.
- Bosch produces reliable screwdrivers from 10.8 to 18 V. In the assortment you can find many practical and high-quality models for home and professional use. Each instrument is equipped with overvoltage and discharge protection, you can check the discharge level.
What is the best cordless screwdriver to buy in 2022?
In fact, we talked about the leading companies, characteristics and types of equipment for both domestic use and the construction industry. If you have not yet decided for yourself which cordless drill to buy, we suggest that you study all the lines of leading brands, paying attention to reviews and discussions of popular models, comparing prices in different stores, taking into account the configuration. At the end of the assessment, we summarize our opinion:
- The best inexpensive cordless screwdriver is BORT BAB-12X2LI-FDK;
- A good drill driver in terms of price-quality ratio – MAKITA DF032DWAE;
- METABO’s most reliable home model is the PowerMaxx BS;
- The best professional screwdriver is BOSCH GSR 180-LI.