HOW TO INSTALL PLAYSTATION 5 M2 SSD
Whoever bought a Playstation 5, well done. The latest version of the firmware allows players to control the console from their phone, switch between versions of games for different PS generations, and even expand the amount of physical storage themselves. Now you can download even more games without overpaying for the set-top box configuration.
Sony Playstation 5 latest firmware update and improvements
On September 15, 2021, Sony released an update for the PS5 console. The update brought many surprises, including:
1. Improved control center
Players can independently change the CU, making it convenient for themselves.
2. Expanded game base
You can keep in touch with friends and groups of interest with Game Base, which is now located in the Central Office.
3. Updating the application library
If a user has versions of the game for different console generations, the PS4 and PS5 versions will now be shown separately. You can find them in the “Installed” folder. This will help you switch between versions of the story and choose the one you like more.
4. Advanced control of the screen reader
It is enough to press PS + triangle and the program “reading information” with a robo-voice will start. And the combination of PS + R1 will make the robot reread everything that was said.
5. Resolution selector
You can choose between HD and FullHD quality. A temporary decrease in picture quality will help you evaluate the game even with slow internet.
6. New digital award “Leader”
If a person in a team game demonstrates remarkable leadership qualities, companions can give him a “Leader” badge, which will be displayed in the profile.
7. Auto-capture of “best moments”
When players compete for the best time or maximum score and set their personal best, the system automatically records the winning videos and saves them offline.
8. 3D audio support for built-in TV speakers
Now you don’t need to buy a soundbar for “surround” sound. The system helps the TV to analyze and emulate the sound volume of the home theater on the built-in speakers. In terms of volume and bass, such a system will lose, but it will add realism to what is happening on the screen.
9. PS Remote Play application
It will allow you to play without a joystick. You can control the heroes directly from the phone.
But the most juicy renewal was saved “for dessert”. From mid-September 2021, PS5 owners can increase the built-in storage with an SSD drive up to 4 TB. It acts as a second hard drive, not just a “big flash drive”. With an M.2 SSD drive, half an hour of free time and hands from the right place, you can expand the set-top box’s capabilities 4 times!
In the topic: Presentation of Play Station 5, or 9 surprising chips from Sony
What is SSD M.2 and why PS5 owners need it
M.2 SSD devices are solid-state drives. Previously, when connected to the console, they could only serve as large flash drives for a couple of terabytes, now you can install games on such a drive.
This significantly expands the capabilities of the set-top box. The user does not have to buy the advanced version to install his game collection. It is true that using this disk as a spare file carrier for a computer will not work. To use the SSD on the “ironing board” you will have to format the removable media.
Play only the TOP: Rating of the 10 best games for two on Sony Playstation 4,5 and other platforms in 2021
Advantages of connecting an SSD M. 2 to the console
The main plus of the update is that now avid players do not need to think about “which game to delete in order to be able to install a new one.” After the new version, it is enough to have a capacious solid-state drive that will meet the following system requirements:
The user just needs to purchase a disk of the desired capacity to have his favorite titles “at hand” without the need for re-installation. Just took it, connected the SSD and started playing!
The main thing is to check the drive before buying. Even Sony states that they cannot guarantee that all discs from third-party manufacturers will fit the console perfectly. It is better to buy in those stores where you can issue a quick return.
Sony recommends keeping hardcore games installed on the console’s built-in media. After all, this is the only way they can guarantee maximum productivity in the most “voracious” stories. However, as practice shows, when connecting a powerful SSD, the quality of the game remains at a high level even in such active stories as Spider-Man, God of War and RDR 2.
Piff-puff: Rating of the 10 most popular shooting games on PS4 and other platforms
How to connect M.2 SSD to PS5: step-by-step instructions
When connecting the drive to the set-top box, you will have to work a little with your hands, connecting the SSD to the main device. For this you will need the following:
- A room with good lighting
To see where and how to attach parts.
- Phillips screwdriver
The optimal diameter of the rod is 4 mm.
- It is advisable to have a flashlight
Or an LED lamp. You can have a phone for low beam.
Before starting work, you should touch a grounded metal object to remove any static that could accidentally break the drive or console.
The algorithm of actions is as follows:
- Turn off the console and disconnect the wires and devices from it.
- Wait 5-15 minutes for the console to cool down completely.
- Place the console on a flat surface and separate the base.
- Turn the console so that the PS logo is “face down” and the power button is in the opposite corner.
- Take the edge of the upper left corner with your left hand, and the lower right corner with your right hand.
- Carefully lift the cover with one right hand.
- Remove the cover with the thumb of the left hand, supporting the console itself with the other part of the palm.
- Locate the rectangular cover over the expansion slot that is secured with screws at the top.
- Unscrew the screw (A) from the top of the socket and remove the cover.
- Carefully remove the screw (B) and place the gasket (C) in the groove.
- Grasp the edge of the hard drive, align it with the groove and insert it as far as it will go. No need to try. As soon as the drive reaches the desired location, you can release it.
- Tilt the hard disk down and secure it with screws. It is necessary to ensure that the disk and ventilation do not interfere with each other.
- Install the cover of the expansion slot and tighten the screw. If it cannot be covered, then the drive is too large. You need to look for a model a little smaller.
- Put the cover back in place. To do this, you need to place it near the upper edge and move it to its initial state until it clicks
- Install the base and connect other cables.
After turning on, a guide to format the hard disk will appear on the monitor. Follow it and after 5-15 minutes (depending on the volume of the drive) it will be ready to work.
Best releases: Most anticipated games of 2021: 10 exciting stories for PC
How to install games on external SSD for PS5
You can install titles “from scratch” on the hard disk or transfer them from the original drive along with all the progress.
In order for the downloaded game to appear immediately on SSD M.2, you need to do the following:
- Launch Home screen.
- Tap “Settings”.
- Find “Memory”.
- Click on “Installation location”.
- Select the required disk.
After that, all new games will be installed on the new hard drive. If it is necessary to transfer already existing titles, it is done as follows:
- Go to the “Home screen”.
- Select “Game Library”.
- Find the story you want to move and click on its settings.
- Select “Move games…”.
- After that, look for “Data moving to SSD M.2”.
- Select the check box on all programs that should be migrated.
- Click “Move”.
That’s it, the data transfer has started! Depending on the amount of information, this process can take from 10 minutes to several hours.
The right choice: PS 4 Slim and Pro – the differences between the 2 versions: which is better to choose?
How to disconnect M.2 SSD from Playstation 5
Removing the hard drive follows almost the same algorithm as installation. The difference is in the little things — correct disassembly of the SSD.
You can turn off the drive if you work according to the following algorithm:
- Disconnect the console from the electrical network.
- Remove the base and turn the attachment over.
- Carefully remove the cover.
- Remove the screw located on the cover of the extension socket.
- Remove the disk screws, then lift it up and pull it up.
- Tighten the screws on the spacer washer.
- Put the lid and base back in place.
- Start the PS5.
Happy updating and happy gaming!
Team Story: The Most Anticipated MMORPGs 2020 on PC and Console: 20 Games That Have Already Blown Up the Internet
[ad_2]Tags: how, install, moyo-новинки, playstation, ssd